Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > When is the last time you cryed ? Why do we cry ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ImAHotMess
Msg: 2
When is the last time you cryed ? Why do we cry ?Page 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
This last Sunday. I sat on the beach and cried. Why? For a number of reasons. Healthy reasons. It is normal. Frustration....irritated....a few things that have me upset. I am human. I have feelings. I am sensitive.
 Malley
Msg: 5
When is the last time you cryed ? Why do we cry ?
Posted: 10/22/2008 12:48:21 PM
Yes, I do.

I am too stubborn to cry in front of others, no matter how badly they've hurt me.
I save my tears for the bathtub. Saves time ... cleanse the body and soul together.
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/22/2008 6:35:50 PM
i didn't exactly cry, my lips started to quiver and tears welled up in my eyes. i was talking to a close cousin on the phone about his son about 2 weeks ago.

my cousin's son isn't talking to him. they had a difference of opinion and it's been years now of silence between them. when i talked to my cousin about it, i related how i didn't speak to my dad for a month because he didn't understand my love of muscle cars. he said cars were for going from point A to point B. we argued alot about it. our relationship was tenuous.

as i told him that his son would one day regret his silence, i revealed how i cry at my father's grave on every visit begging for his forgiveness. but he's gone and it's too late. so i cry on every visit. i wasn't a good son to him. my eyes are welling up now.
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/23/2008 4:53:42 PM
Butterfly,

thank you so much for your kind words. i believe you are right but he died so suddenly i didn't have the opportunity to properly make amends. i wanted to right the wrong and i started to, but then he was gone.
i treated my mother like royalty until she eventually went into the nursing home deeply mired in Alzheimer's. i wasn't going to make the same mistake twice.

thanks for your warm thoughts.

Tom
 mysticialseeker
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/31/2008 12:07:32 PM
Why do we cry? Tears are the safety valve of the heart.
 J1Z06
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/3/2008 12:52:04 PM
yesterday! :) ironically, it was because my team, Ferrari did NOT win the drivers world championship. as i've aged, i have noticed i'm becoming much more emotional. i'm not ashamed to admit i've cried over some pretty mild things. it is true that you feel very re-freshed after it.
 Sweet J-me Baby
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/3/2008 1:05:21 PM
The last time I really cried was in April when my grandma passed away. I took it really hard and was in bits for days.

Ok, I teared up a bit when the Red Sox were knocked out of the playoffs and I get really teary watching sappy movied...you know, like Bambi, Dumbo or the Titanic!

I cried tears of laughter a couple of weeks ago when I was chatting on here with a friend. It was just one of those nonsensical, silly conversations. He had me in stitches...it was wonderful!!!
 leonajayne
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2008 8:17:21 PM
Babe is one of the best movies ever made--I love it when he is dancing to make Babe feel better.
 leonajayne
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2008 8:18:26 PM
I still cry when I think of my Montana--now 14 years later.
 ImMovinOn51
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2008 10:44:45 PM
Tonight...because it just hurts!!
 JonIn92656
Msg: 52
Posted: 11/9/2008 2:33:03 PM
Last night. I cried tons of tears when I finally accepted the fact that the woman who I love more than life itself would never be more than just a friend. We talked, we argued, I cried. I decided that I could no longer have her in my life because of this and the realization of doing it made me cry.
 ImAHotMess
Msg: 53
Posted: 11/9/2008 3:28:59 PM
For the past three hours. Sometimes life is just so frustrating. And I still don't feel better. I cry very easy when I become frustrated and just want some things so bad.
 trav452
Msg: 54
Posted: 11/9/2008 3:40:20 PM
we cry coz its natural Ive seen posted ...and yes.. but that is just the bas eof it its the why and i hear you..those cliques and people being mean just to be mean doesn't just happen in high school and 'should know better' get in a job or higher learning and its still there in every field.. people are people.. but thank god not everyone in this crazy world of ours is mean and 'evil' and judgemental...there are people with good hearts and people that truly care and would spend there last dam dollar to help someone in greater need...people ferget what this life is for..and what our purpose is..live love laugh..live...live...as long as we are here in this life we are all we have...last time i cryed? about 4 hours ago for fear of losing a friend..i love so much so strong that it hurts so bad when i think a friendship may be headed fer disaster..and i pray that this one is not...but if it does end..ill hurt and reach out to others and heal yet another wound..in time.. be strong try yer hardest man.. this life dont last ferever...

and thats me...~~~~~~~~~~~~~T.
 Malley
Msg: 61
Posted: 11/15/2008 5:40:46 AM
Yesterday and today.
I'm mourning the loss an e-buddy who I thought the world of.
We weren't as compatible on as many levels as I had believed, so we parted ways.
While I am grateful for the time we did spend together, it has left a gaping hole, and I feel wounded.
Endings are painful.
 ImAHotMess
Msg: 62
Posted: 11/15/2008 6:26:25 AM
This morning, at the gym of all places. Do you ever just let your mind wander and you start thinking about things? A week ago today, I thought I was done crying. Oh how wrong I was...lmfao :)
 ________
Msg: 63
Posted: 11/15/2008 12:10:50 PM
When I saw my MUTUAL FUND statement.....
 luv2lol
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2009 12:11:01 PM
Last time...today...why...a man (but if anyone had asked I'd say because I stubbed my toe:P)

My sympathies mister 300:( HUGS

I'm with ya there Valentino...man that's a good (but tear jurking) movie.
 celts123
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/6/2009 2:57:22 PM
I honestly don't remember the last time I cried. The only time I might cry is if / when someone really close to me dies.
 musicmaniac22
Msg: 69
Posted: 1/6/2009 10:13:42 PM
I cry everyday any more. I hate being alone but will be strong. After 13 years to be cheated on and left for another.... thankfully I have my 3 year old and am a great dad. She knows I a sad but never sees my cry. I guess I should move on but hate being alone
 Padawan61
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2009 12:27:05 AM
Twelve years ago when my dad died. Otherwise I don't. For a guy ... crying is weak and unmanly without good reason.
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2009 6:46:48 PM
PADA, how silly and sad you feel you cant cry,just because..or you need a good reason..Thats BS and you know it..you're human,its a human condition to have feelings and emotions and be able to express them!!Feel the feelings and if they are sadness ,tears can be healing!!
I havent cried in awhile but wish I could..I am going through a break-up and feel horrible but the tears wont come,what a relief it would be if they would,Im so sad!!!!!
 PallasAthena
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2009 8:03:40 PM
I'm crying now. I cry for a multitude of reasons from physical pain to emotional.
Lately I cry because even when entertained by friends or dates at the end of the day I still feel utterly alone and outcasted and that is frustrating.
 Padawan61
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2009 11:39:39 PM
PADA, how silly and sad you feel you cant cry,just because..or you need a good reason..Thats BS and you know it..you're human,its a human condition to have feelings and emotions and be able to express them!!

Actually I'm Underdog so it's not BS at all. There's a difference between having sad emotions and bawling your eyes out at every opportunity. A good reason to cry would be when someone close to you to dies. It's not a good reason to cry just because you're feeling blue. I've read somewhere that many women cry simply because it's a cloudy day. WTF?? Get a hold of yourselves. I've never said I don't feel sad at times ... but I don't cry simply because of sadness. I'm not an emotional basket case.

Feel the feelings and if they are sadness ,tears can be healing!!

Ya know ... the words "healing" and "closure" make me wanna puke. In fact, give me a sec and I will. Unless you're physically ill, you don't need "healing" ... unless you're "under the knife", you don't need "closure". Who came up with such nauseously lame terms?? Must have been a woman ... in order to validate their need to cry.

I havent cried in awhile but wish I could..I am going through a break-up and feel horrible but the tears wont come,what a relief it would be if they would,Im so sad!!!!!

Depending on the length of the relationship when it ended, I may or may not agree with you. Sometimes an end to a relationship may actually produce a feeling of much needed release from something poisoning your life. You should learn to see the positive aspects of such an ending.

I cry for a multitude of reasons from physical pain to emotional

This is not a good reason to cry.

The last time I cried was when my daughter and fiance told me my uncle had passed away. He had brain cancer and fought for three years

This would be a more justifiable reason to cry.
 Padawan61
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2009 7:11:09 PM
How does crying just to cry make you an emotional basket case?

I believe you've already answered your own question with the following statements ...

I'm an extremely emotional person

crying just to cry

Sometimes I cry for no reason at all

Since crying is an emotion ... excessive amounts of it (especially for no reason at all) would make you an emotional basket case. Does that clear things up for you??

It feels amazing :p
You're silly

Sounds to me like you get high from crying. And I'm silly?? Oh brother.
 Padawan61
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2009 9:50:42 PM
^^^^^Enjoy crying??? That's the first time I've ever heard anyone say that. Are you sure crying hasn't become like a drug to you ... since it feels so good to cry. Personally, I would rather enjoy a good laugh over a good cry ... but that's just me.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > When is the last time you cryed ? Why do we cry ?