Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > INSTANT Turnoffs?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 benilla
Msg: 1
INSTANT Turnoffs?Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I thought this would be a fun topic to start!

Here are some of mine:

- Bad spelling/grammar (ex. Cofe is a grate idea. Their is a awesome place on Commershal)
- REALLY short profile descriptions (ex. Hey, I'm me, no time to write here, message me if you want to know more!)
- A combination of the 2.

By the way, I'm new to the forum, hello everybody :-)
 iris43
Msg: 2
INSTANT Turnoffs?
Posted: 10/22/2008 3:50:21 PM
Hi Benilla welcome to the forums.....

dirty fingernails

bad breath

bad teeth

roof over the toolshed
 Dr_Evil*
Msg: 3
INSTANT Turnoffs?
Posted: 10/22/2008 4:05:15 PM
Here are just a few things that will be an INSTANT turnoff for me:

1.Negativity

2.Rudeness

3.Selfishness

4.Pretentiousness

5.Incommunicative

Halokitty™
Msg: 4
INSTANT Turnoffs?
Posted: 10/22/2008 4:08:24 PM
For me, it can be little things or big things.

Today for example, I was in Superstore grabbing some groceries. There was this really cute guy in the produce section with a cart full of stuff (which I didn't really pay attention to). I tried not to be too obvious that I was checking him out while going about my business. As it turns up, I ended up in the same line with him ahead of me. Well, when he was unloading his groceries I seriously got turned off. Out of $100 of food, I think he may have had a bunch of bananas and maybe a thing of milk. Everything else looked to be processed; from 2 bags of Chips Ahoy!, 2 bags of chips, a bag of pretzels, a case of root beer, the batter covered frozen chicken things, heat-n-go roast beef (which is so gross btw) etc. For some reason, that just totally turned me off. I was standing with my reusable bag containing veggie burgers, a cucumber, 2 tomatoes, an onion, some bananas, a head of romaine lettuce, and some mustard. The guy WAS cute. But his groceries were what turned me off. I mean, I am not the most healthy person on the planet; I'm trying but I'm not there yet. Even still, I wouldn't eat what he was buying. But then, MAYBE he was having a party and was grabbing the chips and pretzels for that.. but it doesn't excuse the rest of the items (I can't remember them all). I'm trying to make up a reason why he would shop like that; he seemed to be in decent shape (with a bit of a belly coming on) and had delicious broad shoulders and a beautiful face but..

Anyway, other things that are instant turn offs? Lying. Telling me you don't smoke and then finding out you do. Not that I really care - but if you lie about something as little as that, what else are you lying about?

Another instant turn off? No job and not going to school. I don't like moochers and I don't want to support someone who isn't willing to pull their weight. If there's a legitimate reason why you're doing neither (disability etc) I might be more inclined to over look that fact.

Being 30 and still living at home and having to listen to limits your parents put on you. That's a turn off. I get that some people have to live at home, trust me, if I could I would but I can't. But there's definitely a time when you need to cut the apron strings and be your own person even if you are living at home.

Minor things that bug me on a date are keeping your hat on in a restaurant. Something about it just grates my nerves to no end. Same with keeping it on in a church or someone else's house. Remove your shoes, remove your hat.

Being rude to other people; wait staff etc. They're just doing their job. They don't need you being an idiot trying to impress me with how you can order people around. Trust me, it isn't going to work. Be nice to other people, especially the person serving your food unless there's a legitimate reason to question their service (i.e. they're being blatantly rude).

Lastly, I don't like meeting up with someone and they try to take it too far when I had only thought we were just going to hang out as friends. Case in point, met a guy a few weeks ago. He sounded nice, was cute, etc. Soon as he got me in the car, he was all over me. I didn't appreciate that. I a) hardly knew him and b) was not expecting it to get physical. Figured it was a 'meet'n greet' sort of situation not a 'suck'n f*ck' one. That was an instant turn off and I made sure he knew it.

Looking over the list, I *am* pretty picky, aren't I?
 tripoli99
Msg: 5
INSTANT Turnoffs?
Posted: 10/22/2008 4:09:52 PM
drinking faster than me (unless you feel the need to catch up to dull the pain and agony)

bad teeth (with my lifetime of dental work, it's something I notice)

ordering a diet coke in a bar, and expecting me to pay $4.00 for it (the water is free, and better for you, if you don't want a real drink)

being a high maintenance to the server (changing food order, or unnecessarily complicating the server's life)

showing up and looking 20 years older than your photo
 Behindthescenes
Msg: 6
INSTANT Turnoffs?
Posted: 10/22/2008 4:10:24 PM
There are things that are a turn off when you think of dating / a relationship with someone..then there are turn offs when your friends with someone.Heck sometimes they even over lap each other. Such as ....people not keeping their word....continually being late....people who take advantage of others etc. One big turn off is one person doing all the giving and the other person doing all the taking.Wether this means emotionally, finically, or romantically. Wether it be family,friends or relationships....the Golden Rule is one to live by...do onto others as you would have them do onto you. Oh but one big turn off for me when meeting a man ......Please DO NOT wear VELCRO RUNNING Shoes. I have a theory about men who wear them that are not over the age of 75. :)
 tripoli99
Msg: 7
INSTANT Turnoffs?
Posted: 10/22/2008 4:14:13 PM
Ms HaloKitty.....perhaps you missed an opportunity with the cute guy at the Superstore....I would love it, if someone felt strongly enough to suggest some 'healthier' eats for me!.....
 Truthisee
Msg: 8
INSTANT Turnoffs?
Posted: 10/22/2008 4:17:34 PM

Hypocrites.

Halokitty™
Msg: 9
INSTANT Turnoffs?
Posted: 10/22/2008 4:19:31 PM
tripoli99, I think I did. I caught him checking me out when he was throwing his groceries in to bags. I should have said something but - what do you say? "Geez, you keep eating like that and you're going to end up as fat as me!"?
 Kekun
Msg: 10
INSTANT Turnoffs?
Posted: 10/22/2008 4:52:51 PM
Gold diggers
Racists
Liars
Not intelligent
Bad hygiene
Fake
Oh the list can be long... you don't wanna go there... LOL
 crashingchloe
Msg: 11
INSTANT Turnoffs?
Posted: 10/22/2008 4:56:00 PM
Insant turn off....when someone thinks its okay to drink like a fish while in a pub, and I choose to have a DIET POP because someone has to be the DD and the 4 bucks becomes an issue

Seriously, I get turned off by false charm or humour that is not part of your day to day life and its just a show for hands. I also do not like going on a date and seriously having to be concerned whether or not my date can handle his liquor..kind of scary actually..and the last thing I want to be is someone's Mom (except where duty is actually required with said kids..lol) and yes as Halo has mentioned, octopus hands are never appreciated or required thank you very much, when getting to know someone

CC
 *Dolores*
Msg: 12
INSTANT Turnoffs?
Posted: 10/22/2008 5:08:02 PM

INSTANT Turnoffs?

Icky little teeth.
Or icky big teeth for that matter.
But the little ones are just extra creepy.

Personality-wise: vain, sexist, ignorant, over-bearing, boastful, shallow, materialistic
 NotBroken
Msg: 13
INSTANT Turnoffs?
Posted: 10/22/2008 5:19:00 PM
*beady eyes
*visible snot
*food stuck in teeth (especially if it's green)
*visible underwear (before the clothes come off)

I'm trying really hard not to remember all of them.
 *Dolores*
Msg: 14
INSTANT Turnoffs?
Posted: 10/22/2008 5:31:01 PM

visible snot

Dear God, what a picture! LOL!
I'd like to erase THAT image from my mind!
 Bella™
Msg: 15
INSTANT Turnoffs?
Posted: 10/22/2008 5:32:39 PM
> bad breath/poor hygiene

> rudeness

> arrogance/vanity/showboating etc etc ...

> total inebriation

> Speedos
 Anna.Molly
Msg: 16
INSTANT Turnoffs?
Posted: 10/22/2008 5:40:10 PM
Ms HaloKitty..... maybe he was stocking up for a weekend with the boys? You never know. That's not something I would base an attraction on. You should see some of the junk I pick up when I'm getting ready for a night in with the girls, it's horrendous. =P

For me, an INSTANT turn off, is someone that can't look at you when you're talking to them.
HELLO.... over here //jumps around and waves// Yea, you shouldn't have to fight for someones attention when you're talkign to them.

Or how about when they send you a message on here, and all they can say is "Sup cutie?"
Come on mister, think of 20 words that go well togehter, start with a capital, and end with a period or a question mark. Hey, even better? Use a couple =D

I don't know, I'm a rambler, and I offer useless information to practically anyone I talk to, but thats because I love getting to know people, and letting them get to know me. I would only except the same in someone I'm considering adding into my world.

As well as those who can't take 2 minutes to read ones profile before jumping in headfirst with no knowledge of what that person is looking for, or not looking for. I cant' stand getting messages asking how old I am, what I look like, and where I live. Come onnnnn guys, the info is practically in flashing red letters on my profile, or anyone else's for that matter.

With that said.... I'm truly not a ****, lol =/
 Anna.Molly
Msg: 17
INSTANT Turnoffs?
Posted: 10/22/2008 5:43:16 PM
omgosh
shocking @ all the typos i made
 Halokitty™
Msg: 18
INSTANT Turnoffs?
Posted: 10/22/2008 5:44:43 PM
Ms HaloKitty..... maybe he was stocking up for a weekend with the boys? You never know. That's not something I would base an attraction on. You should see some of the junk I pick up when I'm getting ready for a night in with the girls, it's horrendous. =P

That's what I thought too - but it was over $100 worth of stuff and at Superstore? That amounts to A LOT of stuff. I mean, I hope that's just what he was doing but.. even when I'm having friends over I don't spend over $100 on stuff. But, I'm trying to stay positive because I think I have seen him at that Superstore before

* L *
Msg: 19
view profile
History
INSTANT Turnoffs?
Posted: 10/22/2008 5:45:05 PM
Oh Oh .......Halokitty
..... OMG .... I buy Frozen corn dogs @ SStore - IS that why Im still single ?
am I an INSTANT tunroff ?

...Messages this short may not be posted as they are an incredible INSTANT turnoff to the moderators i guess
 Halokitty™
Msg: 20
INSTANT Turnoffs?
Posted: 10/22/2008 5:48:23 PM
^ I don't know. I don't analyze the singleness of women ;) And I don't know if he was single *lol* Do you buy $100 worth of frozen corn dogs?
 silibus
Msg: 21
INSTANT Turnoffs?
Posted: 10/22/2008 5:54:15 PM
Welcome to the POF forums Benilla.

Online at POF and/or meeting for the first time or seeing someone for some time, these are the things that turn me off:

1. - Dishonesty and insincerity

Misrepresentation in pictures and character discriptions

2. - Vanity

3. - Makeup (any more than a little is too much)

4. - Bad Hygene (especially smelly (down there) ya really

5. - Self centerdness
 Bella™
Msg: 22
INSTANT Turnoffs?
Posted: 10/22/2008 5:56:13 PM

Or how about when they send you a message on here, and all they can say is "Sup cutie?"

Can you say 'read/delete' ..?
 thumper*
Msg: 23
INSTANT Turnoffs?
Posted: 10/22/2008 6:37:50 PM
bahahaha^^^

liars

lack of sex...ha ha...no comment

bad breathe

no eye contact...hmmmmm

dandruff

....you said instant turnoffs, right?

I'm all off track again...sorry...
having a hard day today.
 The PigWig
Msg: 24
view profile
History
INSTANT Turnoffs?
Posted: 10/22/2008 6:44:12 PM
If her tail is dirty
 Xavery
Msg: 25
INSTANT Turnoffs?
Posted: 10/22/2008 6:48:11 PM
If it is an instant turnoff, it probably at superficial level - like bad smells, flaking scalps and melons.
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > INSTANT Turnoffs?