Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > hard subject!!!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dougeo
Msg: 1
view profile
History
hard subject!!!!Page 1 of 1    
I am a single father of two really great kids. I have also been recently diagnosed with epilepsy that has thrown quite a screw in my life!?! I find now bein a single father and havin a medical issue seems to scare the hell out of women and unfortunatley when i let them know i have epilepsy ( in case i drop ) they seem even more likely to run.... is it just total lack of understanding??? im kinda lost lol. I kinda have to start life from scratch but i keep smilin is there similiar issues out there??? im not looking for sympathy just some understanding to see if others are havin medical problems messin with meeting people??
 dougeo
Msg: 2
view profile
History
hard subject!!!!
Posted: 10/27/2008 4:33:24 PM
It feels like im on a tread mill goin nowhere lol. its a double whammy for women to avoid me.... like i said i just keep smilin gotta keep a sense of humour or i would go crazy lol
 wanderbaby
Msg: 3
view profile
History
hard subject!!!!
Posted: 10/27/2008 5:02:22 PM
I wouldn't mention you have a condition unless you got a little serious with dating. I'd take a break anyhow and make sure you're stable with your medication and parenting before bringing dating into the mix.
 ~JustSimplyMe~
Msg: 4
view profile
History
hard subject!!!!
Posted: 10/27/2008 6:23:35 PM
You need to stop looking for reasons that women don't stick around. Step back and take a good look at yourself. That is the only constant factor in this whole mess.
 dougeo
Msg: 5
view profile
History
hard subject!!!!
Posted: 10/29/2008 10:26:51 AM
I have people asking why i tell them so soon???? my answer for that is simple. im not ashamed of it and i would rather them know and be informed before i hit the ground and scare the hell out of them lol I tell people when im over at there house to so if i fall they dont phone an ambulance right away cause i have not needed one so far and whether i use it or not i have to pay for it lol. could get hard on the wallet lol. As far as blaming my medical condition it comes back around to the not understanding the impact it causes and i dont want people to feel sorry for me at all! I lost my job, drivers license , had to move in with family. Its hard to explain to a person your dating why you have a car but you pick them up on a bike lol or why i cant work at the moment lol all really attractive features lol
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > hard subject!!!!