Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Why do I have to type a paragraph to answer forum posts? [CLOSED T      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OneMoreTimeWithFeeling
Msg: 1
Why do I have to type a paragraph to answer forum posts? [CLOSED Thread]Page 1 of 1    
It's starting to get very annoying. I understand no quick answers, but why do I have to write drawn out posts in order not to get "messages this short cannot be posted" or whatever it says???
 OneMoreTimeWithFeeling
Msg: 2
Why do I have to type a paragraph to answer forum posts?
Posted: 10/27/2008 9:00:02 PM
Well this is the only place I can type one sentence posts. It must be just me. I have tried to post paragraphs, and unless I make it two paragraphs, it won't post. And yes, I have tried.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 3
 OneMoreTimeWithFeeling
Msg: 4
Why do I have to type a paragraph to answer forum posts?
Posted: 10/27/2008 9:36:23 PM
^Thanks for that. But I haven't been posting for like 5 days, then I come on and I have a limit. That's what I don't get. I want to know the exact reason why I have a limit. But then I will get a post of forum rules and have to try to decipher what I am guilty of. Which is probably all of them.

If I'm not permitted to be funny or sarcastic, fine...well not really, it's who I am. . If I am not allowed to call people out for being rude, again fine. I guess I will type a whole paragraph to correct others then. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me when I can rip someone a new one in one sentence, now I will have to right them of their evil ways in essay form. I know I have to say this is a joke or some might get all bent out of shape.

Trust me, I understand where the mods are coming from. When you are in someone's house, you go by their rules. I was thinking this is an adult forum where most things can be discussed. Then I remember minors that can't even purchase alcohol are on this site.

I mod my own boards, but mine are free for all and we don't censor people at all. Freedom of speech and all. It's just the internet after all.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Why do I have to type a paragraph to answer forum posts? [CLOSED Thread]