Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > please help me with my profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dance a lot
Msg: 1
please help me with my profilePage 1 of 1    
Have only been on the site for a couple of days and haven't been getting much of a response. Never sure how much or how little to put in profile or what is most important. Had plenty of lookers but that seems to be all. Would be grateful if anyone could help. Thanks
 lionfrog
Msg: 2
view profile
History
please help me with my profile
Posted: 10/28/2008 12:57:52 AM
I can't find anything wrong with your profile other than you may want to post a couple of more photos, but only if thyat is what you want to do. Your profile is short and to the point, and has a nice photo or you. Give it some time and before you know it you will have more hits than you want. You are active and attractive, so that is a plus. Best of luck to you and take your time. Just be yourself and have fun!
 dance a lot
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/28/2008 1:33:49 AM
Understand what you are saying. Will have to look at settings didn't realise that i had intimate encounters marked as ok. Thought my headline needed attention. The age thing is also something i will look at. Thanks
 mamsmaf
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2008 1:47:20 AM
You've got a nice picture and the profile is pretty straightforward.

The biggest change that I would add is to actually use the pronoun I when describing yourself, as it seemed I was reading a resume without the bullets. I'd prefer that you break up the "about me' and "about you" into two paragraphs, change 'is at lest willing to try ' to 'wants to learn some new steps', and change 'DVD' to 'movie' or 'cinema' or whatever Australians call motion pictures. I'm not big on staring at a shiny miniature Frisbee laying on the coffee table for two hours.

dance a lot
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/28/2008 1:47:34 AM
Thanks lionfrog will look for some more photos to paste. Hoping you are right about getting more attention and yes am having fun.
 lionfrog
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2008 1:14:43 AM
You are welcome young lady, dating at this age is not like it was when we were teenagers, but it can still be fun. If you want to see a long profile take a look at mine. I spent a little time with it but I told people what I was about and what I was looking for, but still had people contact me that could not have read one word of what I wrote because they were not what I was looking for. I still met some great freinds and had a lot of fun for the most part.
This may be getting off the subject just a little, but since you are new please be careful, you will meet some great people, but you will also meet a few strange ones too, so meet in public places, never at your home. A short meet and greet worked well for me, and then go from there.
Oh and some men do like to dance, they may not be great at it but I bet you would be happy to teach them in a nice way if they can't dance.
Have fun and best of luck to you
 dance a lot
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/30/2008 5:24:57 AM
Have made a few changes, hopefully for the better. Thanks for the comments. Think this will be a work in progress.
 lionfrog
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2008 1:25:23 AM
Hello again Lady-dance-a-lot your doing fine, as another Sag you have to be who you are and honest so just be yourself like you are doing. Ad things when you feel like it. Myself I read not in so many words, but I can tell you have class and would like to meet a nice person that has simular interests.
to ya girl and have fun!
 dance a lot
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/2/2008 2:28:01 AM
Thanks guys for the help. Have added some more interests and am looking for some more photos to post. Not sure about changing the age any more as more comfortable with that age bracket at the moment. Know i have not said a lot about myself except dancing and will work on that. Once again thanks.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > please help me with my profile