Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > How many would have interest in a party at a St.Charles/County venue?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 suepug1122
Msg: 1
How many would have interest in a party at a St.Charles/County venue?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Hello Everyone, I am trying to get an idea of how many folks would be interested in having the November party in St.Charles/St.Charles County? I have a couple of options I am looking into. I am asking for some feedback from those that attended Side Pockets last year. Any information will be helpful. I can't wait to see everyone!
Yes- I would be interested
No- I would not be interested
 kenharleyride
Msg: 2
How many would have interest in a party at a St.Charles/County venue?
Posted: 10/28/2008 7:01:20 PM
hell yes id be there . not every day that you get to see a jane doe . and rhonda well you know......................................
 kenharleyride
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/28/2008 7:37:55 PM
? is did you notice me lol
 TheKidof72
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/28/2008 7:39:00 PM
I was at the Side Pockets party last year (it was my first POF party) and it was a great time. Waitresses were not ready for our big crowd though, many times we had to go find our drink or go up to the bar since our waitresses would never come back around. One of the suggestions I would have is see if there are any places around there close that would give discount rooms, last year they had to get hotel rooms at Cave Springs, but the Holiday Inn did provide transportation to and from. Not sure what the room rates were since I didn't get a room there but I know that there was quite a few that had rooms there that night.

Another option would be Monkey Bar in St Charles off of Hwy 94. They have a restaurant area that they would probably be able to seat us after a certain time. I have never checked into there though to see what kind of discounts they would give though.

I haven't been out to Bottles and Throttles in the Lake St Louis/Wentzville area since they opened up, but that might be a possiblitity as well, and they have a hotel right next door.
 sporty_ambie09
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/28/2008 8:03:06 PM
Hey you guys!!!

I was at the side pockets party last year (my first one) however I thought it was fun. I really have some ideas about the st charles area and such, so Rhonda get ahold of me!!
 suepug1122
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/28/2008 11:12:24 PM
Thanks to everyone that has given feedback so far. All is appreciated!! The date I am looking at is 11-22.. and then hopefully we will have a new years eve thing meaning a little something every month. All right will post more and consider all input tomorrow, no point in drunk typing!!! lol... You guys are the best.
 Desera
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/29/2008 12:17:14 AM
I wouldn't mind making the drive if there would be some where I could lay my head afterwards. Can't wait to hear more about the details... and Thanks in advance for holding and handling the party woo whoo!!
 suepug1122
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/29/2008 6:20:19 AM
Thanks for the info Denise. I will look at Bottles and Throttles tonight. I also have Bill (that hosted Side Pockets) checking a place in Wentzville that is about the same set-up as The Strat. I am talking to a sales manager at The Quality Inn today, it is in the same parking lot as Side Pockets. I have my brother meeting Russ the GM of Side Pockets, he is a friend of his. He is going to talk to him about staffing and specials. I would like to at least secure some drink/shot/discounted appetizers and reserved space and pool tables. If all of this doesn't fall in place in the next couple of days, we can always hope that the Strat can accommodate us. We all know how generous they are to the POF'ers.

Amber I would love to hear your ideas, I'll give you my email address.

Desera, it's my pleasure, and whatever I put together I will make sure they are accommodations to lay your head down :). I don't want anyone to get a DUI for an early Christmas gift.

Jane, thanks for the offer to help. I'll let you know when we get closer.

Kenny, sugar it wouldn't be a party without you.
 TheKidof72
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/29/2008 10:39:03 AM
I say forget the hotels in the area, Bass Pro usually has their boats sitting outside this time of year so I say we just party in the boats after the bar closes and sleep there, saves us from having to stumble all the way from Side Pockets to the Quality Inn, even though some of us will probably still stumble to that Denny's, since that is the one we usually gather at after we leave BBB on the weekends anyways. They almost know us as much as the one down by the Strat does.
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/29/2008 5:21:15 PM
LOL@ Theresa, and she says she's a Saint yea..I'm sure Bass Pro would love us the next day, I bet the cops would really enjoy throwing us all in jail as well!!

Rhonda ~ I was also at Sidepockets last year, we had well over 300 peeps...it was a definite fun time, we did have access to a few pool tables for the evening. I would think if held there again, they would need to get more waitresses and be more in tune of what our specials are...hotels in the area, I remember paying $75 per night at the Holiday Inn Select in St. Peters..folks can always do a www.priceline.com for hotel nights, however need to know the area and I always think it' s more fun to stay where the rest of the crowd is staying to get to know each other better..

If you need any help, let me know!
 suepug1122
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/29/2008 5:43:44 PM
Thanks Denise, you're the best. I have secured hotel rates at $59.00 a room, which is a great price in St.Charles, about $30.00+ dollars off their normal rate. The hotel is literally in the same parking lot and you could walk to Denny's...lol... The owner does promise plenty of servers. I got the impression they didn't believe there really was going to be that many people. Drink specials are looking slim, special bucket pricing and $3.oo off appetizers. Free pool tables too!
 TheKidof72
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/29/2008 8:26:15 PM
Ask them if charge for water. That's one of the things I don't care about at the Phoenix, they charge for water. Sometimes I think that they would rather peeps drink and drive cause then they would make more money and not care about anyone getting behind the wheel of a car.
 TheKidof72
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/29/2008 9:19:05 PM
Phoenix won't give water on tap. Not even the night that we were there and their air conditioning broke and the place was packed, they were still charging for water, after charging us the $5 to get in the place. It's bad when you can go into a bar and spend $15-$20 in the place and only drink water for the night. I could go to Bottleneck Blues Bar and get wasted on $15-$20 worth of alcohol. But then again, it pays to have friends who are bartenders.
 suepug1122
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/30/2008 3:12:36 PM
Thanks a bunch Jeannie!! I will keep you posted and let you know what we come up with and if we need some extra hands! You're the best!

Rhonda
 jussweet
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/30/2008 4:41:23 PM
There also is a hotel 8 just up Hghy 70 I beleive at Zumbhel ext that might be cheaper...but it would involve a 5 min. drive. I know some people may not be able to drive that far... not kidding here we don't want anymore accidents! But it is fairly close and might be a bit cheaper.
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/30/2008 4:54:34 PM
I say go ahead and post the party link Rhonda..after our 300+ crowd last September I don't see any reason you can't get close to that, even if it is close to the next Holiday Weekend. You already have the hotel information and looks like you're conversing with SidePockets as well on their specials they could offer us, lookin' good so far
 suepug1122
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/30/2008 10:21:23 PM
I have al the info together and will post the green link tomorrow. Thanks for all the input and I will let everyone know what they can do to help. You guys are the best!!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/31/2008 9:47:18 AM
Well, ya know I will be there, Rhonda! :)

BTW...just a heads up...it is actually against the rules to post an "interest thread"...they say to just plan, post, and POFers will attend! :)

I think the freebie pool tables makes it worth not having much on drink specials...figure at least $1 a game....think of it as a $1 offa drink! ;)

And ANY bar that charges for NON BOTTLED water, is SH1T in my eyes! I have NEVER been charged for water at the Phoenix! Sheesh...that's lame! They even offer designated drivers, free non-alcoholic beverages!

Now of course if you are ordering water...you should still tip your servers!!! THATS the kind of thing that makes establishments do such.
 FatBottomGirlie
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/31/2008 11:50:05 AM

The date I am looking at is 11-22..

OMG! I think I'm kidlette free that weekend!

TheKidof72
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/31/2008 12:30:20 PM
Kat, how do you get free water at the Phoenix? I have even asked for just a cup of water and they told me that they can only serve me bottled water. I figure if I have to pay them a $1 for the water then they are only going to get a $1 tip from me for each bottle. But I haven't been there in aquite awhile because of that. I don't drink alcohol so I would rather go someplace that is not so greedy.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/31/2008 12:51:24 PM
Tis agree, Theresa! I would NEVER patronize someplace that was as such! I have not been there in a while myself...but I just asked for a glass of ice water...maybe knowing the bartender?... I dunno!
 kclowns
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/1/2008 3:02:50 PM
Becca, it was boring but fun people watching.
 TheKidof72
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/1/2008 11:42:47 PM
Becca, I didn't venture out Friday night, besides, after reading the details of the Bob Kuban party and that part that the single guys from 46-55 were going to be in abundance, I figured out then I needed to stay home. I have enough problems getting away from that age group of men on here, much less go and hang out where they will all be.
 suepug1122
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/2/2008 11:59:59 AM
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts11173449.aspx

All right everyone, the party is green linked. Go sign up!!!!
 Sunniedays
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/7/2008 7:19:53 AM
Hey Rhonda - just found this thread! Bill and I (host/co-host) hosted the September Pof party last year at Side Pockets. It's good to see they are working with you alot better than they did with us. I guess they really didn't think we would have as many people show up as we did.

Also, we had the party as the same time (9/29/07) I believe was the Octoberfest in St Charles. That is one of the reasons we has such a hard time finding a motel. Most were already booked. Now we know don't plan anything with something going on in St. Charles at the same time lol.

Thanks so much for your hard work and putting this together!!! Tis much appreciated!!
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > How many would have interest in a party at a St.Charles/County venue?