Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > humor  > Is my humour who I am      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 snorkeler
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Is my humour who I amPage 1 of 1    

whats your view on humour?

To me, humor is a necessity of survival
when things seem darkest and you find something that can make you laugh, you can go on a bit longer.
When we find something funny, amusing, or ironic it is often because it's a surprise, unexpected ....
When you are able to make others laugh-you feel accepted and admired...
your title

Is my humour who I am

I would have to ask you this;
If you crack yourself up and no one else "gets it" is it still funny and do you feel more humiliated because they are not laughing with you or do you feel sorry for them that they aren't laughing along, and how do you handle it when the jokes on you? In other words can you laugh at yourself?
If the humor aspect of your personality is what you rely on constantly, then that may be a problem, if it's simple a part of your personality then you just happen to be a funny person with a good sense of humor! and no spell check!
 PAClassyLady
Msg: 6
Is my humour who I am
Posted: 10/30/2008 5:09:50 PM
If I didn't have my humor I'd be miserable. It gives me a reason to wake up in the morning if I think I'm going to smile today. It makes me rejoice in today, not worry about tomorrow or dwell on yesterday. If I couldn't laugh at myself I couldn't laugh at anything. Sometimes I crack me up and people think I'm crazy, and maybe they're right but it's ME. My best friend makes me laugh so hard sometimes it hurts. My humor forum buddies almost make me PMSL a lot. Without that spirit, I'd see the rain and not the rainbows; the night but not the stars. If I didn't "get" humor I wouldn't be me, I'd be like ranch dressing from a cactus. And you can't get that.

snorkeler
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Is my humour who I am
Posted: 11/2/2008 4:55:22 AM
Geez "ruberto" your response wasn't funny!

I didn't think his post was bad at all, in fact it was intelligent and sophisticated enough to make me go read his profile...(too bad he's in Canada!LOL)

geez DOOD ifin ur gonna spell like a ganksur maybe yous shood liten up a bit- or wuz thiz thred just for ur own edification?

(go look it up...google search the word, nothing better than a SMART comic)
 PAClassyLady
Msg: 12
Is my humour who I am
Posted: 11/3/2008 5:37:00 PM
Rudeberto,

Perhaps you are the shining example of humorless. The term "takeachillpill" in America means "lighten up" or "take it easy." And this being the humor forum, you should do just that. She was simply making a small joke about your "grammar" which refers to your English, "grammer" usually is a colloquialism for a Grandmother. Personally, I would have taken you to task about apologizing about your "shortcomings" (length, is that why you seem angry?) which is something you probably should not advertise on a dating site as it may turn women away. As will a nasty attitude. And spelling like a "gangsta" or as if you are texting. Most of the regulars in the humor forum tend to write intelligently and take their time so others understand them and not write in cryptic codes. If you wish to be someone who is respected (or even listened to) in this world, you should learn to express yourself a bit more smarticulously. *wink*

Wiccanwolf
Msg: 13
Is my humour who I am
Posted: 11/5/2008 4:14:08 PM
I love to laugh, and I love to make people laugh. I say humor keeps you young and you're never too old for the funny. I say if you take life too seriously, you'll just bore yourself to death.
Show ALL Forums  > humor  > Is my humour who I am