Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > What happens to love ???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Malley
Msg: 1
What happens to love ???Page 1 of 1    
Ever wonder where love goes ???

I'm curious to know what others thoughts are on how two people who were in love can eventually end up at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Does it dissolve, degrade, dissipate, disintegrate, disappear ???
 nexthyme
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What happens to love ???
Posted: 10/30/2008 6:28:48 PM
You ever get a plant that you forgot to water, or watered to much. Didn't fertilize it, or over fertilized it? Had it in the sun, when it was a shade plant?

Love takes work, and it will wilt and die if not properly nutured.. Love however is a two party project, thus it takes both sides wanting it, and wanting it from the other person.

Sometimes love never existed, but lust, or some started from a misplaced need just to be with someone. Which generally doesn't work, because there is an incompatibility issues.
 Malley
Msg: 3
What happens to love ???
Posted: 10/31/2008 7:50:37 AM
Thanks for the replies.

This is just something I've found myself pondering about.
 altmusicfan
Msg: 4
view profile
History
What happens to love ???
Posted: 10/31/2008 9:23:56 AM
Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish it's source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings. (Anais Nin)
 nexthyme
Msg: 5
view profile
History
What happens to love ???
Posted: 11/1/2008 8:06:50 PM
Brown eyed woman I love your post...

One thing a person can do, is to love them self, fully... That kind of love will always survive if a person accepts them self, and what purpose they have in this world.

Sadly there are a LOT of people who have no idea that the first person they need to love is them self, so that they can show others how to love them too.

Your wisdom:

<div class="quote">"Giving someone all of your love is never an assurance that they will love you back. Don't expect their love in return; wait a bit, it may grow in their heart; but if it doesn't, be content that it grew in yours"

Yes, and to love others even if they don't love you, IS to be a great gift one can give to ones self. That love too can give growth of ones own love.

VVVVVVVShug that is some really jaded talk about women... I agree the love between children and parent is immeasurable for MOST people. However their are enough sick and twisted people who have violated that kind of love.

Most women are NOT likely to run to the next best looking guy, unless she didn't love you in the first place...AND it also happens with men doing the same thing as well...
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > What happens to love ???