Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Ireland...dying to go! But til then...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Thatguy67
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Ireland...dying to go! But til then...Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Go! You won't be disappinted!

IrishRose511
Msg: 7
Ireland...dying to go! But til then...
Posted: 11/2/2008 9:32:35 AM
Jen,

By all means, get to Ireland if you can. I see in this thread that a few people have suggested visiting around Dublin, but don't ignore the North. There's more and more flights into Belfast and Derry/Londonderry these days. If you hire a car, be careful driving, and check out the roundabouts...which are great fun if you can read very, very fast. Remember that you do not have to get out of a roundabout...you can keep going around and around until you are positive that you are taking the right road. If you get anyway near where some of my mother's family lives in Donegal, keep in mind that they like to turn the arrow signs around just to tease the tourists. This all ties into the Irish sense of humor/humour which from what I've seen in these forums doesn't translate well a'tall.

Anyway, on traveling, you'll get lots of opinions I'm sure. I think the coast of Antrim is some of the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen, and I'm fairly well traveled. You can see Giant's Causeway up there, quite amazing. Then try to head for the western coast, Galway, etc. Personally, I think the Ring of Kerry is a bit too touristy, especially in summer months.

And, by all means, stop in every pub you can and tell them how you feel about Jesus, their church, their religion, their feelings about all the Mary's. You're bound to liven up the place! This works especially well in N. Ireland.

;o)
 leetabeens
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2008 12:30:25 PM
whats the national dish in ireland?? Id love to travel over someday but destined to stay in canada for now it seems...
 IrishRose511
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/2/2008 4:07:15 PM

whats the national dish in ireland??

Open mouth, insert foot.
 si-denada
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2008 5:39:46 PM
^^^^^^^AMEN

The Lord be with you two.

Don't worry Jenpo88, we're not all crazy like that Miss Grundy...she is actually institutionalised at present, and the medical profession here no longer believe in filling these patients with tablets to cure them of their affliction...they just pass a laptop in beneath the door of her padded cell each evening. Apparently it stops her painting her face a darthly yellow colour.

Now show some Christian empathy. When I meet Miss Grundy we converse in tongues, it's the only method of communication she comprehends.

Ireland is a beautiful country. I'm in the North, it's actually more alluring than the South.
 Nightwing66
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/5/2008 9:25:21 AM
Do go if you get a chance!

Beautiful country, friendliest people anywhere....well worth the trouble.

I've been 3 times (the family is from County Clare & a few from the North/Malin Head area) & while Dublin is great for it's history/culture....it's the west country I really fell in love with.

"Jaysus" but there's some beautiful girls about.
 Nightwing66
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/6/2008 11:09:13 AM
Ha...you wouldn't say that had you seen what went on in that graveyard in Drumcliffe.
 Happy_trails
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/6/2008 3:41:38 PM
GO! GO! GO!

I went sort of on a "spur of the moment" trip in the spring for 11 days and I wouldn't trade the experience for the world!
For the most part my travel buddies and I stayed in Belfast and did little day trips. We spent 2 days in Dublin, but needed way more time! But the train rides in between were beautiful!
When you hear "40 shades of green"... WOW! I was awe struck by the colours!
We got really lucky and only had 1 1/2 days of rain the entire time (which just happened to be most of our time in Dublin)
From Belfast we went on the Paddywagon Tour (approx 10 hours) up the coast to the Carrick-A-Reid Bridge, the Giant's Causeway (look it up on Google... left me speechless!), and (London) Derry... greatest day trip! It also helps when you have an amazing tour guide, who just happens to sing to you!
When you go don't be afraid of the smaller towns! We missed out on that and I regret it! Next time I go back (which will happen!) I will be spending most of my time in the smaller towns and in the country side!
Also, if you hit the bigger cities such as Belfast and Dublin, take the tour busses where you can get a hop-on hop-off 24 hour pass... it's great! Especially in Dublin where it takes you way out to places that may be harder to walk to.

Anyways, I hope you make it out there soon! Worth every memory I have!

deliciously quirky
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/11/2008 12:51:04 AM
I would give up all my wordly posessions to go to Ireland...and hopefully bring someone back with me ;)
 the_phantom_scribbler
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2008 8:26:34 PM
I just got back from an 8 year stint in Ireland. Its a great place but the weather can really be quite depressing.
 deliciously quirky
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/11/2008 9:02:00 PM
Well where I live it rains all the time. in fact it's been raining for 6 days striaght...so far lol. I'm used to rainy, depressing weather.
 the_phantom_scribbler
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2008 12:15:22 AM
...is it Seattle? Possibly the only other spot I know of that would rain on a level par with Ireland.

edit: Wow, I was right o_0 Dont do it! You get snow! I lived in Arlington as a kid. Frankly, I thought the Mountain Range in WA was much more impressive than anything Ive seen.
 deliciously quirky
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/12/2008 5:41:43 PM
um...I live in Victoria, B.C. lol. And we hardly ever get snow, thank god :)
 Lion_of_Ireland
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/14/2008 1:03:03 AM
Hi Irish !

I am a 6th generation American but my heritage is Irish. I have family/kin (that I don't know) from Cork and Fermnaugh county (sp) My Grandparents and uncles and aunts came into America via Boston and New York.

How are things in Ireland?
 Carrie101648
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2017 12:58:48 AM
Come to Ireland, you will love it!
 Cynderella
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2017 3:35:32 AM
She wrote this near 10 years ago.
Hopefully she already has taken
this dream trip.
I know I would love to go.
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Ireland...dying to go! But til then...