Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > She said she dosen't need men for sex, because she has her toys      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dynomiteman4u
Msg: 1
view profile
History
She said she dosen't need men for sex, because she has her toysPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
It was my first date with this lady & I had only driven out of her driveway for less than one miniute when she wanted me to know that she really didn't need men for sex because she has her toys. She also asked me if I thought she was fat.

I ignored her first statement, & skirted the second question on whether I thought she was fat.
We completed a so-so date for the evening, but it didn't work into anything further.

It looked & felt to me that there was some initial attraction between us, but If I ever get a date like this again, do you think its worth pursuing, or should I just save my effort, take a u turn back to her front door & say by by?

I dunno, but I seem to get some awfully strange dates lately.
 dynomiteman4u
Msg: 2
view profile
History
She said she dosen't need men for sex, because she has her toys
Posted: 10/31/2008 8:47:03 PM
>>>cowboy

I hesitate to confirm that it was a fish date. I'll leave that one to your mens intuition.
I don't really want to say...Its a small world, especially on line.

Then there was the other date who said she would cut my legs off if she caught me fooling around with another woman.

I may need a break from the online dating for a bit. Its beginning to spook me out!

At least I'll be off to a dance tomorrow...whew! Maybe there will be some normal women there.
 dynomiteman4u
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2008 8:59:29 PM
>>>hamburger

She was factual alright...no sarcasm or humor in her voice.

I dunno if I attract those strange dates or not, or if its just the wrong phase of the moon when I meet them, but I sure could use a change of pace.
 dynomiteman4u
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2008 9:11:21 PM
>>>The rock man

I ain't picking them...they're are picking me.

I think I gotta get out to the dance tomorrow & try charming some normal women...

Those strange dates I've come by are from being on line!
 nexthyme
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2008 9:49:05 PM

I would have stopped the car and said, really. Well I guess that makes us incompatible, and there is no point taking this further.

I personally have put myself through some KOOKIE dates, and after a while you learn to run before you actually have to spend much more time with the insane or truly unbalanced of the world.

Dating some times is a crap shoot...
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/1/2008 6:21:56 AM
LORD!
Were I you, she'd have bounced her bobbing head on the dash and the passenger window as I slammed on the brakes and did an immediate U-turn, hot foot to her place, and squeal at the curb as I left....

WTF?

Ok - boys!

We single females do enjoy our toys - because ya know? It's safer and smarter than random sex, and....well yeah lots of reasons.

Any way

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY TOYS ARE BETTER THAN BOYS

except?
they don't come with baggage or issues.

But? To my way of thinking?
Men are still worth all the trouble.

Great thread - bet this will be funny as hell by the time I wake up!

ImAHotMess
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/1/2008 8:10:02 AM
I don't own a toy nor have I ever used one but the longer I am on here the better they are starting to look. lmfao. Good grief. I would have stopped the car too. Another reason I take my own car to meet someone.
 stevelfun
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/1/2008 10:22:43 AM
You know - if there were any decent 'toys' for us men - the human species would become extinct.
 abelian
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/1/2008 5:09:31 PM
Tell her stock up on batteries before you say goodbye.
 Vannili
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2008 7:29:00 AM
Wow! that was very tactless of her to tell you that. The bottom line is you are not her type, why did she gave you her address you are meeting her in her house? perhaps she was expecting a drop dead young gorgeous hunk to do her,why in the world she said she don't need men for sex because she has toys and if you think she was fat ? She was a wierdo ,I hope your next date is a good woman.
 dynomiteman4u
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2008 7:45:50 PM
Just a bit more if the curious would like to know.

No... I haven't gone out with this woman ever again after that first weird date with her.

I'm not putting anyone on. She was real.

I will add that she told me of having a stalking & abusive relationship with her previous boyfriend.
I dunno if some of her behavior with me was the result of this, but I'm sure it altered her behavior in some way.
She also told me to immediatly take my profile off of the dating site if I were to date her.

I suspect she had a whole list of problems, but I hope she gets her house in order before she dates another guy... ...... to her &...

I'm gone... ...
 dynomiteman4u
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2008 5:16:32 AM
I'm so sorry for you if you feel that you put your foot in your mouth with that question.

Next time, if there is one; I promise to to tell you that you are just right, & how attracted I am towards you......

We gotta stop meeting this way...Australia is way out of my way...
Would me sending you some fresh batteries & flowers help?...
 OneMoreTimeWithFeeling
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/3/2008 7:35:09 PM
OP you could of said the old joke "I suppose a bj would be out of the question then?" She seemed like a fun gal to be around. Listening to all these stories of dates gone awry, is really frightening.
 dynomiteman4u
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2008 1:49:38 PM
>>>Tinkerbell201

No, I'm not looking for miss perfect, although close to perfect would be fine with me.

I'd give you more than just a snipit of what went on between us, but I don't see the point in doing so, although she did tell me of her financial problems, in law problems, neighbor problems, details of the abuse she suffered, & on & on...

I've dated some women with complex problems before, but if I persist on dating them, & try to fix their problems, it usually ends with hurt feelings on both sides, sometimes the name calling, put downs, nastyness, etc.
I've found that I can not fix their problems of self esteem, or other deep seated problems they may have with the opposite sex, or problems with their world in general.

I'd rescue them if I could, & I've really have tried with some, but all to often they pull me down with them.
Some can make me ......& leave me...
I don't need it & I don't want it !

I'm off to do some... ...for a good lady...
 stevelfun
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/11/2008 3:22:45 PM
Insecure people... Yikes!

Aren't we full of ourselves.

Look people - most everyone has some insecurities. Some hide them better than others.

I do not fault someone for having insecurities. EVERYONE has them if they examine themselves sincerely enough.

As for 'fixing' someone.... LMAO

Kids - this is my little tid bit of wisdom. There aren't too many things in this world that I am CERTAIN of - however, this I am certain of.

YOU can not 'fix' someone. They need to 1) recognize they have a 'problem' and 2) they need to make a choice to take action to work on it themselves. Then and only then can your actions 'help' them fix themselves.

As for the 'men thinking women have to look good in a bikini'.... The door swings both ways on that one dearie. Would you like me to point you to a few women's profiles that dis men for 'being bald' or 'wearing a hat/sunglasses' in a photo.... OMG How naive are you????

Toys. Like I said before... If there were some decent 'toys' for men - the human species might well become extinct.
 october_skies
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/9/2009 6:24:25 AM
if she didn't need a man then why was she going out on a date with one. Women on this site are such losers as thats why no man is bothering with them outside of this dating site and they need to come on here advertising for a man lol.
 barbee1970
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/9/2009 6:30:00 AM
That's a good one.

But I don't see her point. Some women I guess like "toys" but a real man is better IMO. Can't have a conversation with a dildo.
 Vannili
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2009 9:40:09 AM
Msg:1

She doesn't a man for her sexual fulfilment (: really and truly??????,but she needs a man to take her for a dinner date and to have a nice conversation with here once in awhile and to assure her that she is not fat...

Her toys are useless, and if she is smart she'll save money on batteries and electricy for the real McCoy flesh and blood...

Sabrosura
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/9/2009 11:43:00 AM
October Skies: Women on this site are such losers as thats why no man is bothering with them outside of this dating site and they need to come on here advertising for a man lol.

Uhmmm...is that YOUR reason for being here?
 farscapeprincess
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/9/2009 2:15:19 PM
OP, ok I like "toys", too, but they don't come within a country mile of another living, breathing male. ;) That said, WTF? She has a few short of a six pack. If I was a man, I wouldn't date her again.
 TheReason_
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2009 4:55:41 PM
LOL I guess her dildo won't pony up for supper, and THERE is the problem at her end.

Super_Eve
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/9/2009 7:06:04 PM
@Sabrosura

October Skies: Women on this site are such losers as thats why no man is bothering with them outside of this dating site and they need to come on here advertising for a man lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sabrosura: Uhmmm...is that YOUR reason for being here?

It must be, since he dredged up a year old thread and made a snarky snipe comment, which is completely off topic to the thread that he dredged up.
 OutMind
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/10/2009 10:30:28 AM
I read this from a guy who wrote a book about dating and relationships. And he indicated that usually when women first bring the subject of sex is in the form of negative sex. Hmmm. So when women do this, it means not that they don't necessarily want them, but that it has crossed their minds. So after I read that I did a recall of my sexual exploits and how it lead to that and yes, at some point the woman negated wanting to have sex in some form. They may say, "Oh my, I would never do this on a first date," yet went ahead and did it. "I think we need to slow down," yet continue kissing. "I don't need a man to satisfy me." Yet, kept going. "I think we should wait or I am not going to be able to control myself." "I don't do this with just anyone."

Now with that said, if the woman stops escalation by all means this is not a permission to continue. It means that SHE has to make the next move that escalates, not you.
 yourstillhere
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2009 5:54:53 PM
whata bunch of ameteurs you people are~ if a woman brings up the subject of sex that soon after meeting you`re going to be getting some if you are clued up at all.

and the fact that she uses her toys instead of screwing every guy in town when she feels the itch is an added bonus.

the fat question is standard for meeting someone online, she was checking to see if she looked like her pics and if you approved of her physique.

i`d have been on that and sleeping soundly before 7:00pm so we could get up early and have a nice breakfast.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 26
Posted: 1/21/2010 11:16:35 PM
Let's see, what kind of a woman say she doesn't need you for sex, and also asks if she looks fat to you..................................hhhmmmm A WIFE!
She was fortelling your future.
I'd hang onto her - she might have some lottery numbers for ya.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > She said she dosen't need men for sex, because she has her toys