Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Rahm Israel Emanuel      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 junipermoon
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Rahm Israel Emanuel Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
i understand he's a former ballet dancer, who managed to stay in great shape. does anyone know if he's straight and single?
 VVendy
Msg: 4
Rahm Israel Emanuel
Posted: 11/9/2008 5:21:08 PM
does anyone know if he's straight and single?

Sorry he has a wife and loves her and the kids he asked them if he should take the job as it would be long hours away from home and would not say yes until they did.
 Thatguy67
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Rahm Israel Emanuel
Posted: 11/9/2008 5:58:37 PM
A straight male ballet dancer? Hmmph......
 faith2565
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Rahm Israel Emanuel
Posted: 11/9/2008 6:00:05 PM
Excellent pick. Obama is off to a great start.
 cotter
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Rahm Israel Emanuel
Posted: 11/9/2008 6:55:56 PM
The more I read up on this Rahm Emanuel ... the more I'm afraid this is a big problem for me. With him in such an important position ... I doubt there will ever be a chance of peace between the Israeli's and Palestinians.

http://mideast.blogs.time.com/2008/11/09/obama-mideast-watch-rahm-emanuel/

Emanuel's father Benjamin was quoted in an article about Rahm headlined "Our Man in the White House" in the Israeli daily Ma'ariv last week, saying "Obviously he will influence the president to be pro-Israel. Why wouldn't he? What is he, an Arab? He's not going to clean the floors of the White House." Last week, Ha'aretz quoted U.S. Jewish leaders praising Emanuel's selection. William Daroff, director of the United Jewish Communities Washington office, said: "Rep. Emanuel is also a good friend of Israel, coming from good Irgun stock, davening at an Orthodox synagogue, and sending his children to Jewish day schools." But Ha'aretz also quoted an unnamed veteran Israeli diplomat saying Emanuel's association with Israel "doesn't necessarily bring him closer to us. One thing is certain--Israelis will not be able to pull the wool over his eyes."

Note ... The Irgun's actions included placing bombs in crowded Arab markets, indiscriminately bombarding civilians in Jaffa, the major Arab town adjoining the Jewish city of Tel Aviv, and the notorious Deir Yassin massacre.

Then from other sources ...
The new "golden boy" of the Democrat Party, the Israeli-American congressman Rahm Emanuel, is the son of a terrorist.
Really, I am not making this up, the chief power-broker of the Democrat Party, the 5-and-a-half foot foul-mouthed Israeli named Rahm, is the son of terrorist – a real living terrorist.

So, what do we do as citizens of the land of the free and the home of the brave fighting the War on Terror?

Do we run and hide from the foul-mouthed little Israeli who danced ballet and swears for effect - or do we laugh? Or do we demand answers? How can we respect a U.S. Congressman who served in a foreign army and whose father was a terrorist?

Rep. Rahm Emanuel, the Democrat congressman for the 5th District of Illinois in Chicago is the son of an Israeli terrorist. Rahm's father, Benjamin, was a member of the Irgun, the Zionist terrorist organization that coined a new word as they blew up hotels, train stations, and other buildings in Palestine in the 1930s and 40s.

Rahm was an Israeli citizen until he was 18 years old, when for obvious reasons he hid his Israeli passport in his underwear drawer. In 1991, however, he pulled his Israeli passport out and went and reportedly joined the Israeli Army to defend Zion from Saddam's Scuds.

Irgun, the army of his father, is short for Irgun Zvai Leumi, which supposedly means something like "National Military Organization" in Hebrew. As a matter of fact, the Irgun was simply a terrorist Zionist group that operated in Palestine from 1931 to 1948. They killed innocent Palestinians and British soldiers and blew up buildings.

I don't know ... I don't care for this at all.

The last thing we need is to cozy up real tight with the Israeli's. With this Rahm Emanuel on board and so tight with OBAMA ... there's no chance for anything but the Palestinian genocide to continue. So sad. I was hoping OBAMA would be the one who could put an end to that.
 Ezzee
Msg: 9
Rahm Israel Emanuel
Posted: 11/9/2008 7:54:57 PM
On the surface, it seems like a great choice. Someone who knows his way around Washington, and knows the White House.

But there is a reason they call him Rahmbo.

If Obama keeps him in check, then great.

If he doesn't, then in my opinion his whole message of change becomes Swiss Cheese. Granted, I think Obama was moving in that direction with Biden as a VP candidate.

Everything about this particular appointment screams of partisanship.
 cotter
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Rahm Israel Emanuel
Posted: 11/9/2008 8:16:17 PM
"Brandi46" ... Message 8 ...
1991 - Moved to Little Rock to be chief fundraiser for Bill Clinton's presidential campaign
Your time line is off a bit ... this guy was in Israel in 1991.

http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article9939.shtml

Rahm Emanuel was born in Chicago, Illinois in 1959, the son of Benjamin Emanuel, a pediatrician who helped smuggle weapons to the Irgun, the Zionist militia of former Israeli prime minister Menachem Begin, in the 1940s. The Irgun carried out numerous terrorist attacks on Palestinian civilians including the bombing of Jerusalem's King David Hotel in 1946.

Emanuel continued his father's tradition of active support for Israel; during the 1991 Gulf War he volunteered to help maintain Israeli army vehicles near the Lebanon border when southern Lebanon was still occupied by Israeli forces.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1035128.html

"Rep. Emanuel is also a good friend of Israel, coming from good Irgun stock, davening at an Orthodox synagogue, and sending his children to Jewish day schools," Daroff concluded.

Ira N. Forman, Executive Director of the National Jewish Democratic Council (NJDC), echoed Daroff's approval, saying in a statement Thursday that "Obama made an outstanding selection. Emanuel has been a forceful and effective leader within the Democratic Party. His voting record and leadership in support of the U.S.-Israel relationship are outstanding."

"Emanuel has deep Jewish roots and strong ties to the Jewish community. Emanuel, the son of an Israeli immigrant, has a proven commitment to Israel's security and served as civilian volunteer on an Israeli military base during the Persian Gulf War of 1991," the statement continued.

"We congratulate Emanuel and look forward to continuing to work with Emanuel in his new role in the Obama administration." Forman added.

Emanuel, a hard-charging Chicagoan, accepted Obama's offer for the job after struggling over family and political considerations. By moving into a top White House job for a second time, Emanuel will have to put aside hopes of becoming speaker of the lower chamber.

The son of a Jerusalem-born pediatrician who was a member of the pre-state Irgun, Emanuel was a key figure in the administration of former President Bill Clinton, where he was known for his blunt management style. His selection is a shift in tone for Obama, who chose more low-key leadership for his presidential campaign.

In the tense talks with the Palestinians at Wye Plantation in 1998, the Israeli team headed by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was especially wary of one of President Bill Clinton's aides - Rahm Emanuel. His fluent Hebrew, his instinctive grasp of the "Israeli" mind set and above all his complete loyalty to his boss made the Israelis afraid to talk near him.

Ten years later, Israel's next prime minister will meet Emanuel in a loftier post, as Obama's chief of staff.

I'm not getting a good feeling about this guy ... I don't know that he's all that good for our issues with Israel.

I still think we need to be more neutral ... we need to come across as totally neutral in order to be effective.

This guy on board could blow it for us!!!!
 where4
Msg: 11
Rahm Israel Emanuel
Posted: 11/10/2008 4:29:17 AM
I'm so saddened by and so tired of aspersions cast with middle names! For Chr!st sakes! What if Obama chooses a Hispanic cabinet member with the middle name of Jesus? Would that be OK? He or she might even be a descendant of someone who fought against the U.S. at the Alamo!

From the same Haaretz page quoted above (msg. 10):

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1035128.html

In the tense talks with the Palestinians at Wye Plantation in 1998, the Israeli team headed by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was especially wary of one of President Bill Clinton's aides - Rahm Emanuel. His fluent Hebrew, his instinctive grasp of the "Israeli" mind set and above all his complete loyalty to his boss made the Israelis afraid to talk near him.

Ten years later, Israel's next prime minister will meet Emanuel in a loftier post, as Obama's chief of staff.

"He has a kind of directness and coarseness that is very familiar to Israelis," a veteran Israeli diplomat told Haaretz yesterday. "But it doesn't necessarily bring him closer to us. One thing is certain - Israelis will not be able to pull the wool over his eyes."

Emanuel's quick rise to a party leadership position in the House underlines his political acumen, and his choice by Obama points to the president-elect's preparations to move quickly on getting his legislative agenda through Congress. Emanuel will play a major role in facilitating and selling Obama's plans.

In his previous positions Emanuel was in charge of political and domestic issues, but in Clinton's administration in 1993, as senior presidential adviser for domestic affairs, he also dealt with foreign policy, which was important to the president. For example, he produced the Oslo Accord's signing ceremony on the White House lawn.

Of all the Israelis he came into contact with during his career, the ones he became closest to were Rabin's close aides, including the Prime Minister's Office director Shimon Shevess. The two are still close friends.

Israeli officials are divided in their opinions about his involvement in foreign affairs in general and the Middle East peace process in particular. The chief of staff usually focuses on the president's political work.

From the (perfectly neutral and unbiased?) ElectronicIntifada piece as quoted in msg. 10:

… Emanuel continued his father's tradition of active support for Israel; during the 1991 Gulf War he volunteered to help maintain Israeli army vehicles near the Lebanon border when southern Lebanon was still occupied by Israeli forces.

And then, the very next paragraph/sentence (which was not quoted in msg. 10):

As White House political director in the first Clinton administration, Emanuel orchestrated the famous 1993 signing ceremony of the "Declaration of Principles" between Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat and Israeli prime minister Yitzhak Rabin.
Remember the Nobel Peace Prize? Peace. Ya know, PEACE?

On Yitzhak Rabin, winner of the Nobel Peace Prize, whose close aides Rahm Emanuel befriended:

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/1994/rabin-bio.html

On June 2, 1974, the Knesset expressed confidence in a new government headed by Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin.

During Rabin's premiership, the government placed special emphasis on strengthening the economy, solving social problems and reinforcing the IDF.

With American mediation, disengagement agreements were signed with Egypt and Syria (1974), followed by an interim agreement with Egypt in 1975. …

More about Rabin:

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9511/rabin/funeral/wrap/index.html

'Soldier for peace' Rabin buried
World, family pay tribute to assassinated leader
November 6, 1995
Web posted at: 11:55 a.m. EST (1655 GMT)
JERUSALEM (CNN) -- Yitzhak Rabin, a "martyr for peace," was buried Monday after eulogies by world leaders, including Arabs, who promised that efforts to end religious and ethnic bloodshed in the Mideast would carry on despite the assassination of the Israeli prime minister. The final speaker, longtime Rabin aide Eitan Haber, held a blood-stained piece of paper containing song lyrics from the Tel Aviv peace rally Rabin attended just before he was killed. The burial in a hillside cemetery in west Jerusalem followed a two-hour memorial service that ended with the chief rabbi of the Israeli army chanting kaddish, the traditional Jewish prayer for the dead.

Jordan's King Hussein and presidents Bill Clinton of the United States and Hosni Mubarak of Egypt also spoke to 4,000 invited dignitaries, some of them wearing blue caps they were given to protect them from the sun's heat. Mubarak and King Hussein paid tribute to the man who led Israel's forces in the 1967 Middle East War and then sought a lasting peace with Arabs. "You lived as a soldier, you died as a soldier for peace," the Jordan leader said. Mubarak called Rabin a "fallen hero for peace."

Confessed assassin has no regrets
Also Monday, confessed assassin Yigal Amir, 25, said at his arraignment that he killed Rabin because Rabin wanted to "to give our country to the Arabs."

I can’t understand why anyone would complain about the President-elect’s selection of a highly competent and experienced man, fluent in Hebrew, who chooses to associate himself with former aides to the martyred Soldier for Peace in the Middle East.
 cotter
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Rahm Israel Emanuel
Posted: 11/10/2008 5:01:25 AM

I can’t understand why anyone would complain about the President-elect’s selection of a highly competent and experienced man, fluent in Hebrew, who chooses to associate himself with former aides to the martyred Soldier for Peace in the Middle East.
It's all in the perspective of how one sees what's really going on over there.

I just happen to believe that the last thing we need is a Hardcore Zionist giving the president guidance. It happens to be the problem over there. The Hardcore Zionists are the antagonists ... they are the problem.

They are the ones pushing for genocide of the Palestinians. If one digs deeply enough it is evident. They are the ones who have been pushing the way the land is stolen from the Palestinians and then later settled.

I'm just not getting a good feeling about this guy. We need to be more neutral ... we need to come across as totally neutral in order to be effective.

With this guy on board, I think it will be antagonistic to the whole process especially considering his father's background and the statements his father is still making about the "Arabs".

How does that look when they head over to the Middle East for peace talks and Emanuel's father is over here blowing off his his mouth about his "Jewish" son and how they all feel about the "Arabs"? OBAMA does not need that crap going on in the background while trying to negotiate a peace settlement over there.
 where4
Msg: 13
Rahm Israel Emanuel
Posted: 11/10/2008 5:33:15 AM
I don't believe Rahm Emanuel is a Zionist any more than I believe Barack Obama is a Jihadist.

where4
Msg: 14
Rahm Israel Emanuel
Posted: 11/10/2008 7:38:13 AM

Rahm Emanuel will accelerate the genocide/elimination of the Palestinians and escalate US military involvement in the obliteration of Iran-Syria-Pakistan-Russia and anyone else that Israel nominates for US action.

Oh. You mean Rahm Emanuel's The Great Satan? The AntiChrist? Nah. Couldn't be. That's Obama, isn't it?

Oh, wait: The Grinch Who Stole Christmas! That's him!
 TimPommell
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Rahm Israel Emanuel
Posted: 11/10/2008 7:44:02 AM
Hmmm... a partisan hard nosed- hard ball playing-go getter for Chief of Staff ... how “Rovian” ...
 InstantKarma620
Msg: 16
Rahm Israel Emanuel
Posted: 11/10/2008 8:48:15 AM
Cotter: You're absolutely right about this guy Emanuel. His father was a member of Irgun and played a role in many terrorist acts toward Arabs and anyone who got in the way of the Zionist agenda. The bombing of the King David Hotel was one of many.

Rahm doesn't hide the fact that he's very close to his father and supports his beliefs. He's an elected official who, in 1991, chose to enlist in the Israeli military but never served in the American military. It make one wonder where his alliegiance lies doesn't it?

Here's one problem I have with this. If Obama selected an Arab/Muslim who had terrorist ties, the media would be all over it. But because Rahm Emanuel is jewish, no one says anything about it. God forbid someone in this country criticizes Israeli policies....if they do, they're instantly labeled anti-semites.

This was a terrible choice for Obama. I actually had hope for him when he was elected but already he's disappointed the American people. That's strike one against Obama as far as I'm concerned.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Rahm Israel Emanuel
Posted: 11/10/2008 9:16:38 AM

I just happen to believe that the last thing we need is a Hardcore Zionist giving the president guidance. It happens to be the problem over there. The Hardcore Zionists are the antagonists ... they are the problem.

I thought i would never say this, but finally something me and cotter agree upon.
 cpfstock
Msg: 18
Rahm Israel Emanuel
Posted: 11/10/2008 11:09:18 AM
"Excellent pick. Obama is off to a great start."

I agree. Good pick for chief of staff. You want someone who is tough, loyal and organized. Emanuel is the kind of guy (oops person) I'd pick.

and to where4,
"He or she might even be a descendant of someone who fought against the U.S. at the Alamo!"

What you mean US?? There twernt no US in the fight. Just Texans.
 itechman63
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Rahm Israel Emanuel
Posted: 11/11/2008 5:04:03 AM
And yet he was an adviser in the most center-oriented administration we've had.

Oh yeah... I have ancestors that ambushed 'Red Coats' in the 1770s.
 dysfunction_junction
Msg: 21
Rahm Israel Emanuel
Posted: 11/11/2008 5:15:32 AM
people, people. he's the friggin chief of staff! it's an administrative post. as such, he isn't going to making any important policy decisions except perhaps to fire an uppity white house staffer or two.

yes, the chief of staff does play an advisory/negotiatory role but hey, it's not a cabinet-level post. relax. don't have a coronary.

my favorite quote about rahm came out of the u.k.'s telegraph:

"Paul Begala, another veteran of the Clinton administration, put it more bluntly: "He's got this big old pair of brass balls, and you can just hear 'em clanking when he walks down the halls of Congress. The Democratic Party is full of Rhodes scholars – Rahm is a road warrior."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/profiles/3392848/Profile-Rahm-Emanuel-Barack-Obamas-new-enforcer.html

my kind of guy! i'm all dreamy-eyed just thinkin' 'bout it.
 cotter
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Rahm Israel Emanuel
Posted: 11/11/2008 6:04:57 AM
You all can laugh it off if you want ... I say if the US wants to play any kind of key role in negotiating some peace between the Israeli's and the Palestinians, then it's not good for OBAMA to surround himself with soooooo many "pro-Zionist" people.

The Zionists are true antagonists to the whole peace process over there. Read up on it. Believe me they believe they are the "chosen ones". They believe anyone other than a Zionist is the scum of the earth ... and has no right to live in their "chosen land".

There are many Jewish people who are ashamed of the Zionists and say that is not the way of the true Jewish religion. They want the Zionists to back down so there can be peace. As long as the Zionists are running the Israeli government ... there will be no peace.

There are entire websites devoted to that very issue. There are websites devoted to helping IDF soldiers defy the orders of the Zionist-run government. They are simply people who have had enough and want it all to stop. That's why I take the stance I take when it comes to OBAMA surrounding himself with the "pro-Zionist"/"Zionist" people/staff/cabinet members.

If we are to accomplish anything towards negotiating peace in the Middle East ... we have to be NEUTRAL ... or at least appear close to being neutral ... sigh.

When people are going around bragging that those who OBAMA has chosen to be his closest advisers are "pro-Zionist" and "good Irgun stock" ... that does not appear NEUTRAL ... that appears as nothing but "antagonistic" to the Palestinians. That will not help the peace effort.

I don't know how many of you are familiar with that animated Robin Hood cartoon that came out in 1973. It features a snake (Sir Hiss) who was constantly whispering in "Prince John's" ear ... advising him to do various different things ... and it never turned out well. I tell you, Rahm Emanuel reminds me of the snake ("Sir Hiss") who will be constantly whispering in OBAMA's ear ... advising him to do various different things.

I certainly do not wish anything bad for this new administration ... but I think OBAMA is making a mistake to surround himself with sooooo many "pro-Zionist" people. It scares me ... just remember ... being so openly "pro-Zionist" is what got Bobby Kennedy shot.

We (the United States) need to step back and quit being so openly supportive of Israel if we are going play a key role in peace negotiations there.
 VVendy
Msg: 23
Rahm Israel Emanuel
Posted: 11/11/2008 6:43:18 AM
No matter how he stands or who he picks some one will have a neg vibe on it. before the election Joe Lieberman and as meny jews as he could take with him were say Obama won't stand by Isreal he is not a friend of the jews he has a muslim agenda and now oooooooooooooooo he picked a guy who is too jewish make up your mind.
His liking peace in the mid east is not going to upsety the apple cart. His ablity to have a Jewish man on staff as he reads the letter from Iran and talks about what needs to be done for Iran and the USA to sit down at a table and talk is a good thing. It will only give people an understanding that he is not on any side but ours. Jew Arab Black White we do not care what are you going to do for US? Times are too hard to pick around.
 MacKevinized
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Rahm Israel Emanuel
Posted: 11/11/2008 6:54:25 AM

I certainly do not wish anything bad for this new administration ... but I think OBAMA is making a mistake to surround himself with sooooo many "pro-Zionist" people. It scares me ... just remember ... being so openly "pro-Zionist" is what got Bobby Kennedy shot.

I say that's overboard assessment. So far, Emanuel is the only person announced to be on Obama's staff. How is that being surrounded by zionists?

He is there to serve the president's will, not the other way around. I don't like how the Palestinians are treated by the Israelis either but that doesn't mean I think the Palestinians have been right in their methods.

Obama does not need to appear neutral he needs to denounce violence perpetrated by both sides of the conflict.

Emanuel is not the secretary of state he's an office manager.
 cotter
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Rahm Israel Emanuel
Posted: 11/11/2008 7:22:15 AM

I say that's overboard assessment. So far, Emanuel is the only person announced to be on Obama's staff. How is that being surrounded by zionists?

It's a waiting game ... I've seen some of the names that are being thrown out there for various different cabinet positions. Let's just wait and see.

I was voicing my concern. If others do not see that as a concern, then fine. I have a right to voice my concern and state why I consider it as such.

He is there to serve the president's will, not the other way around.
That may be, but I am not so naïve as to think that Emanuel will never have any such discussions with OBAMA ... give me a doggone break!!!!

I don't like how the Palestinians are treated by the Israelis either but that doesn't mean I think the Palestinians have been right in their methods.
Agreed ... we do not have differing opinions on that.

Obama does not need to appear neutral he needs to denounce violence perpetrated by both sides of the conflict.
That is one way of looking at it. I look at it as a "mediator" type of situation. When that is the position one has to uphold ... if one party thinks the mediator favors one side or the other ... it is ineffective, just plain non-productive. That's why I say what I say.

Emanuel is not the secretary of state he's an office manager.
Could be, but from all reports on him so far ... the man does not sit on his mouth and can be quite persuasive.

Time will tell if OBAMA is making a good choice with him.
 itechman63
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Rahm Israel Emanuel
Posted: 11/11/2008 8:28:10 AM

before the election Joe Lieberman and as meny jews as he could take with him were say Obama won't stand by Isreal he is not a friend of the jews he has a muslim agenda and now oooooooooooooooo he picked a guy who is too jewish make up your mind

It just underscores that it doesn't matter who enters the cabinet, it's going to be something.
 where4
Msg: 27
Rahm Israel Emanuel
Posted: 11/11/2008 9:10:57 AM
@ msg. 19:
and to where4,
"He or she might even be a descendant of someone who fought against the U.S. at the Alamo!"

What you mean US?? There twernt no US in the fight. Just Texans.

('Scuse me.)
 VVendy
Msg: 29
Rahm Israel Emanuel
Posted: 11/12/2008 9:01:10 PM
Who are the other zionist? I know he is a ballet dancer and can dance circls around Obama but I do not think that is what you ment.
 cotter
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Rahm Israel Emanuel
Posted: 11/12/2008 10:11:45 PM

Who are the other zionist?
The ones I've seen are on "short" lists that are being mentioned for Cabinet spots.

It's just a waiting game at this point, but it sure looks like he may be in the process of surrounding himself with an awful lot of pro-Israeli people. I don't think that's good idea ... for lots of reasons.

The Zionists are trouble makers. Thank them for the MEMRI mis-translations of recent.
Show ALL Forums  > Politics  > Rahm Israel Emanuel