Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > This site is shit      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SydneyGuy83
Msg: 1
This site is shitPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
This site is shit...don't waste your time...girls dont even respond...I don't know why the hell they are on here...I don't know what else they want me to write they probably won't put this up because it's true but if I wrote some crap how good this site is I am sure they would put it up. I hope this site crashes never to return...
 SingleGuy_33
Msg: 2
This site is shit
Posted: 11/9/2008 8:04:24 PM
You're absolutely right. I wouldn't recommend this site to anyone! I also see many fake profiles here too. I think many of the girls don't respond because they are very judgemental. That is why they come online and very picky in meeting someone. I could be wrong but that is how it feels like when you're trying to connect with people online. That has been my experience.
 wineloverjess
Msg: 3
This site is shit
Posted: 11/9/2008 10:04:46 PM
Yeah you guys are some what, right but i am never Judgmental. I have always wanted to delete my profile but it won`t delete it, till you finish this long Testimonials... And Guys never email me anymore, looks like the tables have turned??
 Irishlass0668
Msg: 4
This site is shit
Posted: 11/10/2008 8:26:57 AM
I'm just now getting around to deleting my profile. I really was not getting a lot of responses, I saw a lot of negativity on the forums much of which was aimed at single moms. The dates I did get were all losers and duds. I decided to not knock myself out to meet men anymore and just live my life.
 Harmonica
Msg: 5
view profile
History
This site is shit
Posted: 11/10/2008 9:29:51 AM
I feel your pain! However, if you give up, you are already lost!

People want different things, and by not responding your time is being saved! Would you prefer it if women wrote to you when they had no interest in you?

Good luck!

John
 Harmonica
Msg: 6
view profile
History
This site is shit
Posted: 11/10/2008 9:31:32 AM

I think many of the girls don't respond because they are very judgemental.

And men are not as judgemental?

Why should women not indeed be "picky" as you put it? Why should they make do with less than the best that they can get?

John
 ConcreteCowboyFl
Msg: 7
This site is shit
Posted: 3/27/2009 9:50:49 PM
If FORD gave out free cars would they be festivas or Continentals?

We all want what we can't have so we keep looking until we can have it or we change until we can have something else..........or settle.
 bigben1731
Msg: 8
This site is shit
Posted: 3/27/2009 10:05:57 PM
i dont care either plus im enjoying been on the forums and im pretty happy with forums
 KyleUSAF
Msg: 9
This site is shit
Posted: 3/28/2009 4:33:16 AM
A recent male testimonial stated that only 10% of the women on here are 'attractive' in his eyes, and all the 'good looking' ones are already taken...disgusting, I say. For all those people who are dissapointed in their lack of 'success' with this site, its probably because you're approaching dating here the same as you would offline: with A) unreasonably high standards B) abnormally high views of oneself and C) critically low tolerances for minor 'negatives' in others. Think you'll be better off dating offline? Not with all the attitudes i've seen.

And the attitude in the leading post here seems to indicate that the person probably fits at least one of these three catagories. No offense dude, but with your attitude you may not have much success offline either. The women offline are the same as the ones online...who's to say you wont meet a chick at a bar who hasnt posted her profile here? My girl I found wont win any modeling contests, but with her dark hair and soft brown eyes she easily won my heart. And I found her in about 1 week by failing all three criteria above.
 RandomVeteranII
Msg: 10
This site is shit
Posted: 3/28/2009 9:04:52 PM

don't waste your time...girls dont even respond...I don't know why the hell they are on here

That's because:

*Some of the women here are only automated to meet the heavy abundance of male members.

*Some women are only on here to see how many guys they can reel in, to compete with their female friends .

This can be deleted, but I have heavy evidence of especially the latter.
 RandomVeteranII
Msg: 11
This site is shit
Posted: 3/28/2009 9:10:27 PM
And just for the record, I am not one to only find "Barbie dolls"...I am not picky, but that does not count.
 youngstud510
Msg: 12
This site is shit
Posted: 3/28/2009 10:44:12 PM
no responses - something wrong with mail
 MissOutcast
Msg: 13
This site is shit
Posted: 3/28/2009 10:50:07 PM
Is this every time Stud?
 RandomVeteranII
Msg: 14
This site is shit
Posted: 3/29/2009 6:37:13 AM
Actually, this site isn't shit, when you look at some of the tricks and concepts used here. This site is clever, very clever to the blind eye. Markus, you have done well.
I admire some of the PHP you have used, and site addons. Reminds me of my old school days.

Markus, you are smart, and I think we would make a good pair. I look forward to working with you. Then I would have a use for being here.
 BritcomFan
Msg: 15
This site is shit
Posted: 3/29/2009 10:08:16 AM
The guys are as bad as the girls. There are more gameplayers here than on AFF, and I didn't think that was possible.
 RandomVeteranII
Msg: 16
This site is shit
Posted: 3/29/2009 10:30:42 AM
Ah yes...one bad apple equals a rotten orchid
 KrimsonSpider
Msg: 17
This site is shit
Posted: 3/29/2009 11:13:02 AM
I think deep down inside we are all judgemental...it's not so much women are picky of who to reply ,but also which female to send a message to....One person can look at a female and say she's hot but another can say otherwise. People have a preference on what they are looking but it doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing. Now for some when they find their preference and no reply back they get butt hurt. Life doesn't go the way it seems at times even in online dating *gasp*. The only thing you can do is keep going or don't play. Now I can understand one shouldn't give up in online dating but realistic speaking, it's not for everyone. Keep in mind it's just another source of meeting people, and for some who brag that meeting a person at a bar is easier, then let them be....
 RandomVeteranII
Msg: 18
This site is shit
Posted: 3/29/2009 3:38:04 PM
Some of us are not judgemental. Unlike women, I do not let a picture decide whether or not I will talk to them. I messaged one lady on here who kept complaining that she could not find a date...do you thikn she was interested? no. Of course not. I had friends chat with her as well, and no, she turned them all away too. Well of course you aren't going to find a date if you turn them away!!!!
 The_guy87
Msg: 19
This site is shit
Posted: 10/30/2014 4:06:20 PM
I agree with the original poster this site is "shit"

Personally 98% of the girls I have messaged don't even respond. And the ones that do never go past 5 messages. One of the problems is a big part of attraction is based of conversation not just looks but most of the women on here are so stuck up the don't even reply. They think they are saving time but there just being snobbish or just want the ego boost. I would prefer a women to tell me I am not there type than be completely ignored. Rejection or a conversation without expectations would be better than being completely Ignored.

If I was to approach a women in a bar almost all the time you would at least get acknowledged and not just ignored and you can give off a sense of your personality just from that even if your rejected. But again on here most of the women don't respond because they some how want you to sweep them off their feet with one message. Well guess what! that's not even possible haha.

I am not just on this site to get laid. I'm on here to develop relationships and get to know women. And if stuff happens then so be it. I would love to have a good few conversation on here without expectations but its impossible if no one replies. So guys and girls in my experience so far this is why the site is extremely poor. I mean I bet a lot of guys are guilty of this as well but seriously people.... get socializing.

Socializing is not time wasting. Its giving people the time of day and a chance to get to know people. There are players on this site I bet and there are people who just want to get laid. But guess what you will only figure out which one is which by talking to them.

I personally don't like people who are clinically obese but you know what. Maybe i'm going to start practicing what I preach and clearly tell them their not my type but if they want to talk I'm up for it.

To summarize Girls and guys. At least acknowledge people. So people don't feel so freaking ugly they aren't worth your time. Rejection is no where near as bad as being Ignored. SORT IT THE FOOF OUT PEOPLE!

I am not ugly and I am in good shape. Yet this site is doing nothing for my confidence or social skills at all.

RANT OVER PEACE OUT!
 The_guy87
Msg: 20
This site is shit
Posted: 10/31/2014 1:52:23 PM
It wasn't advice it was a rant and a attempt to motivate people to not judge a book by its cover and talk. But if your happy being ignored then so be it. :) sarcasm was noted and good luck fishing Mr. Wittypants, :O Look I can do that too haha,
 NonamousDog
Msg: 21
This site is shit
Posted: 5/15/2015 12:50:14 PM
Just remember, you, the POF 'user' is not Marcus Fink's customer, and he cares not at all whether your experience on POF is pleasant. POF makes its revenue by selling ads, so as long as we keep logging in and contributing to the click-traffic, it makes no difference to Fink whether ANYONE ever meets anyone else through POF.

Just keep clicking, suckers.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 22
This site is shit
Posted: 9/20/2015 9:29:18 PM
"This site is shit...don't waste your time...girls dont even respond..."

Oh my gosh there was an awesome song in the nineties... "Can't get a job, can't get a man - LIFE IS A B***!"
This pissed off lady was saying: "Let me tell you something - life is a b***! I can't pay no bills, I can't walk my dog... I can't get a man... it's just a b***! Let me tell you something else... there are no parties, no hold downs, no GOOD TIMES... it's just a b***!!!"
 JediJoshC
Msg: 23
This site is shit
Posted: 3/10/2016 10:05:19 PM
I agreed with 100% of this comment from the guy87. Yes communication is key, so by ignoring messages all they're doing is proving that they're looking at pictures and judging from there. POF has some of the snobbiest, stuck up women I've ever met. I dont get it.
 athleticnfun2
Msg: 25
view profile
History
This site is shit
Posted: 7/30/2016 11:15:02 AM
you are correct in your assessment of online dating in genereal. Best way to met a good woman is get out and meet them go to the park, the gym, mall, bookstores even a nice upscale club. If you are a decent looking guy and have your life together, theres nothing to be gained from online dating. Most women on here dont seem to offer much for a guy in terms of relationship after all you want a woman who will make you even better, no bring you down lol. good luck to you and hope my opinion helps someone
 jdowifjhdhusw1234
Msg: 26
view profile
History
This site is shit
Posted: 11/26/2016 5:52:33 PM
you get a better response if you aint ugly !
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > This site is shit