Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > Jury duty stories?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 redsss
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Jury duty stories?Page 1 of 1    
I have never been summoned but I sure wish I would be.
I would love to be on a jury. A murder trial would be up right my alley.
Well here's hoping that one day I will get the call.
 TooShadows
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Jury duty experience?
Posted: 11/15/2008 5:58:30 AM
I've never been called for jury duty,but I was once called to testify. I'd had some guns stolen(really long story) and the men who had them were playing with them one night and one guy was shot. I was summoned to testify at the trial. When I got there the next day the trial had been cancelled as the man who pulled the trigger had pleaded guilty. Apparently(this was back in the days of party lines in rural areas)no one had been able to get ahold of me as I went to work on the farm after receiving my summons. I was paid $30 for my trouble though.
 Lucette325
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Jury duty stories?
Posted: 3/6/2009 1:29:01 AM
I was selected for jury duty only once, but was excused because I was 8 1/2 months pregnant at the time.
 juan mo oclock
Msg: 19
Jury duty stories?
Posted: 3/6/2009 9:25:50 AM
so a month in jail and 1000 bucks to tell a story that could return hundreds of thousands of dollars?............seems like a good deal if the book sells.........
 Belle Requin
Msg: 22
Jury duty stories?
Posted: 3/10/2009 6:45:37 PM
Picking a jury is pretty important, so I'd be surprised if counsel picking the jury did a head nod. Those waiting to select their jurors usually don't nod off either as you watch how the jurors act and what they say should there be any questions.

I would love to be a juror, but I'm exempt.
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > Jury duty stories?