Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Whats with the mirror phone pics?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Whats with the mirror phone pics?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Well see, they know that they dont have any good pictures of themselves because they hate the camera. And, you cant just ask anybody to take a good photo of you because then they ask why and its like "Oh its for a dating site" and so immediately Mr. Guy gets laughed at by his friend, shrinking his balls slightly. "No, better to take it in front of a mirror" they will think. Hell, if my mother wasnt in love with her cameras there wouldnt be any real photos of me at all either, so I can see where the average joe plumber is coming from.
 indianbob
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Whats with the mirror phone pics?
Posted: 11/12/2008 11:33:24 PM
Other things that we don't want to see in your pic should include but are not limited too;
pets, children(yours or anyone else's), someone else's pic, your dad, mum or sibling.
I don't have anything against such pics, but they belong in a photo album not a dating site.

Later, Bob
 si-denada
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2008 9:25:05 AM
^^^^^^

I have yet to see any man with a mirror photo showing off his cleavage!

Though given the limited choice from them, the bare chest photo is an improvement on the car one.
 WhiteTigress0107
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/22/2008 10:10:54 AM
I agree. I think it is sad the amount of people with no imagination in their pictures. I myself am beginning to get more creative but have no pictures taken using a mirror. There are more ways to get good ab shots, fellas.

KAT
 BaR79
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2009 6:26:44 PM
Sorry but I can't stamd people who take pictures of themselves posing in front of a mirror, it gives you the impression that they are full of themselves and vain. Puts me right off
 killarneyman
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/22/2009 2:30:18 AM
I dunno, speaking as an Irish guy, I think there is still a bit of stigma around online dating. I would be afraid of telling my mates that I wanted their help taking a photo for one, sure they would only take the mick and ask 'Sure what do you want online dating for? Just come out on the pull on Saturday.".
Now, with regard to photos of you being out enjoying yourself, guys do not carry cameras about as much as women do. I know none of my own photos on my facebook or bebo accounts are of me out and about, and even from all my friends accounts, I have probably only been tagged in two or three photos (And I just think I look like crap in them). And this is coming from someone who is out most weekends!

And yes, photos in the mirror, photos taken at arms length, and lightbulb pics are very very common on womens accounts here.
 justlittlestaryme
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/22/2009 7:11:30 AM
I tried to take a photo........................by my face shattered the camera.
 J_in_SD*
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/22/2009 7:20:08 AM
So what if they photograph themselves in the mirror? It's no reflection on them.
 justlittlestaryme
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/22/2009 7:44:42 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Brilliant lol
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Whats with the mirror phone pics?