Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Personal Trainer in the St Louis Area      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kell618
Msg: 1
Personal Trainer in the St Louis AreaPage 1 of 1    
I'm looking for a good idea where to get one of these folks. I know I need to work on getting healthier and working out more. But I don't need to break the bank in the process. Anyone know of a good place to look or a direction to point me in? I want to get back to playing soccer and maybe some basketball, but need to hit the gym first some.

So, any ideas?

Thx
 Bayotle
Msg: 2
Personal Trainer in the St Louis Area
Posted: 11/17/2008 2:07:06 AM
Why would you need a personal trainer?
Sounds like you just need to motivate yourself - always the cheaper way to go!
 CPR LADY
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/17/2008 10:05:36 AM
Hey Kell618,
If you can motivate by your self great, but my guy is awesome.
His name is Chris and he works for DFM out of Club Fitness in Creve Coeur.
Let me know
Jersey Girl
Jai
 Previously36
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/17/2008 10:55:09 AM
I seem to be more motivated with a work out partner in a health club or even just riding my bike. I live in Illinois and I am looking for just that at this point.
 Bayotle
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/17/2008 11:07:01 PM
Sex can be a good motivator but since no ones offered, i'm not very motivated!
<--- jumping jacks, 1,2,1,2,1,2
ok nap time...
 tallshyman
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2008 6:15:04 PM
I have to work out to keep from losing weight, when I sit around doing nothing I loss weight

I take whey protein 5 times a day and work out 3 times a week and I put on 10 pounds a year

I never been on a diet.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/19/2008 4:48:33 PM
I agree with Met....the YMCA is one of the best places...more bang for the buck and less meat market-y than most fitness centers.

Also, for those single parents...they give scholarships for partial memberships! :O)
 DreamAngel2007
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/7/2008 4:51:25 AM
I know this is a little late but I also go to Club Fitness in Webster Groves and work with a personal trainer named Josh. He is awesome....
Here are a couple of tips...I followed these and have lost 65 lbs and feel awesomeeee..

Eat at least every 3 hours. Small meals or whey protein shakes. Eat more protein. Cut out the bad carbs....stick to green veggies. If you like spinch use that for your salads although it really is just for roughage in your diet. There is not a whole lot of nutritional factors in it.
Drink water...that was the hard one for me. I did not care for water...so I bought a Brita and now drink alot more of it. I put lemon in it sometimes to change the flavor...
I also take Vit B complex, folic Acid, Fish Oil, and Calcium..
I work out 4 days a week. Alternating cardio with strength....now I am not in shape yet but I am so much better than I was...and my confidence has been boosted..
DreamAngel
 CPR LADY
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/10/2008 10:28:11 AM
Dear DreamAngel,
Never to late to speak up.
Awesome on your weight loss young lady. Keep it up. I have lost 40 + and work my butt off at least 4-5 times in the gym. I do all the same vitamins, but let me know if you have any other ideas to share. The good part is I only drink water with lemon, but try some of the flavored waters to, so you don't get burnt out or bored.
Hey some of us started swing dance lessons. Come join us for that too.
Whay to go fellow Fitness Buddy.
Jersey Girl
Jai
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/10/2008 10:57:42 AM
Jai...whatever you do, girlfriend, don't go losing that bootylicious bottom of yours!!!! It's a GOOD thing to have junk in the trunk, babe! ;O)
 CPR LADY
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/10/2008 8:08:48 PM
Kat,
I am LMTO-laughing my TUSH off.
I didn't like my shelf life on that, prefer a bit smaller trunk. Trying to pack something else in that trunk-
Love ya girl.
Jersey Girl
Jai
 SwtButterfly74
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/10/2008 9:43:37 PM
Hey Jai.. I went to try to e-mail yah but you don't accept messages of my age or gender.. go figure. But, I have an idea that I would like your opinion on. Also, where abouts and when are you taking swing dance lessons?

Chrissy
 CPR LADY
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/10/2008 10:30:49 PM
Hey Chrissy,
Try now, I haven't changed anything, so u should have been ok. But I added u to favs anyway. I live in West Co area, but we take our lessons, meaning Susie, Lance, Connie, Jim Gina, a few of us from POF, off Tesson Ferry Rd, which is South.
Can't wait to see again soon.
Jersey Girl
Jai
 ~StL
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/11/2008 8:08:05 PM
The Swing Dance we go to is at

Concord School Road... Farmers Market Hall

take 270 to Tesson Ferry Road. go north (towards st. louis city) ... first light make a left onto Concord School Road.. the hall is just a short distance on the left.

Lessons from 7 to 8 pm (if member $3 for lesson..$3 for dance)

dance from 8 to 10:30

you can just come to the dance but if you take lessons you will have to pay for the dance also whether you stay just a few minutes at the dance or the whole night.. but come on $6 for a night out dancing.. cheap!

It is the West County Swing Dance Club.. membership for 1 years is $15 and you get discounts on lessons and other dance club dances.

go to wcsdc.com to obtain more info. Hope to see you there.
 CPR LADY
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/12/2008 2:26:43 PM
backcheck,
Congrats to your wife. But sometimes some of us need outside motivation for a bit.
And this is a singles site, so I am confused why u r on here to be honest.

Jersey Girl
Jai
 kclowns
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/12/2008 2:57:37 PM
You know Jai I was wondering the same thing ??
 arwen52
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2008 7:35:40 PM
Personal trainers can be great to work with for a variety of reasons. They can help keep you motivated. They can design a well-balanced plan for you. They can introduce variety to your workout, a great way to keep from hitting the doldrums. They can make sure you are training *correctly*.

What part of town are you in? Contact me off list and I may be able to help you out with a referral.
 tallshyman
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2008 8:43:45 PM
I only started working out so men will stop picking on me. I can leg press 400 pounds with my long legs. I do not have the $60.00 an hour for a Personal Trainer.
 CPR LADY
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/14/2008 6:14:57 PM
Ok I am confused again!!!

You only started working out so men would stop picking on you. That's another thread all in itself.

But I am not vertically challenged as you tall one, but I am now pressing at 350 on legs.
And you don't need to have a trainer all the time btw.
Jersey Girl
Jai
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Personal Trainer in the St Louis Area