Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Bored with your Social / Dating Scene?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dub08
Msg: 3
Bored with your Social / Dating Scene?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
My social scene seems to be on here as my mates have new babies and wont go out (aw cute but I wouldnt like one). Count me in unless Im too old for it!!
 salsa35
Msg: 4
Bored with your Social / Dating Scene?
Posted: 11/19/2008 7:09:44 AM
Check out Meetup.com, if you haven't heard of it its a social networking group with a variety of groups of all interests and topics and it's free to join. (Atleast in the States it is). However, it is an International website as well. If you don't find what you are looking for, you can always start a group through that network and reach a lot more people. Good Luck.
 Dublin_bigfoot
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/22/2008 2:18:11 PM
There is an Irish site that was setup for the very reasons you stated- the site is www.eventsclub.ie and is run by a very nice and genuine woman called Caoilfhionn. She was getting tired of the whole scene so decided to do something about it and set up her own club! There was a hillwalk at Glendalough recently and a meetup for a rugby match- the members can suggest events to do as well and not everything is based in Dublin.
She keeps the numbers balanced for male and female though so sometimes it may be booked out for one but still open for the other. There is no charge for signing up to the site but a charge for the event and from the looks of it is always reasonable- just cut and paste an email below for an idea of the events...the ski trip is the only one on the dear side!

EventsClub would like to thank and welcome all new members who have recently joined.
New December events are now available to book on our EventsClub website.
We also have some details of upcoming events in Jan & Feb 2009 including a
SKI TRIP TO ST ANTON.

DECEMBER

Saturday 20th of December
Christmas Drinks - Samsara, Dawson Street, Dublin 2 - €25.00
Soak up the city centre festive atmosphere for drinks and nibbles. 24 persons

Tuesday 23rd December
Carol Singing - The National Concert Hall, Dublin 2 - €55.00
Three Sublime Performances; a concert of glorious seasonal and traditional music perfectly captures the true spirit of Christmas. 10 persons (Confirmation for this event required by Wed 26th November)

Wednesday 31st December
New Year's Eve Ball - Dunraven Arms Hotel, Adare, Co Limerick - €85.00
EventsClub have booked a table for the New Year's Eve Ball at The Dunraven Arms Hotel, Adare, County Limerick. 24 persons

JANUARY

Saturday 17th January
2 hr Lake Walk - Vartry Lakes, Roundwood, Co Wicklow - Price tbc
Booking details will be posted in the New Year.

FEBRUARY

Saturday 14th February
Italian Cooking Evening, Rathgar, Dublin 6 - Price tbc
Booking details will be posted in the New Year.

Saturday 28th February for 1 week
ST ANTON, AUSTRIA SKI TRIP - €125o.00
EventsClub have booked 3 twin rooms in The Kertass 4* Hotel which is a ten minute walk from the main village of St Anton. Price is €1250.00 per person sharing and includes flights and half board. Additional places can be arranged. We are initially looking for intermediate skiers. (Confirmation for this event is required very soon)
 somel
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2008 10:15:41 AM
Well i would go for anything.... i like the idea .... I say let's go tomorrow

If I had to choose i would go for number 2, as i never been there it's hard to see things outside dublin if you don't own a car.

But the majority wins, and i will try to attend...
 djrbmw
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/17/2008 6:44:48 PM
its seems like a good idea you will prob meet a lot of people but they will usually be from your area,

i do agree with the 1st post i am sick of the pub club thing wud like to talk to a few nice girls sober and go to do something instead of the whole 2am effort

just my toughts i agree with the original poster anyhow
 the summer gurl
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2008 5:45:22 PM
yup...I'm bored!
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Bored with your Social / Dating Scene?