Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Arkansas  > Plenty of Fish Cristmas Party, Little Rock, Ar Dec 13, 2008, Legion      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 numlet
Msg: 1
Plenty of Fish Cristmas Party, Little Rock, Ar Dec 13, 2008, Legion ClubPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Date: December 13, 2008
Time: 6:00pm Coctails and Mix and Mingle -- Live Band 8:00 to Midnight
Place: LEGION CLUB
315 Capitol Ave.
Little Rock, Arkansas 72201
Phone: 501-372-2608 or 501-372-8762

Cover Charge. $5.00 ~~~~~~~ Age Limits: You must be 21, the Legion serves Alcoholic Beverages

DINNER WILL BE SERVED: Starting around 6:30pm A Catfish or Chicken Strips dinner will be served. Sides will include baked beans, hush puppies, and your choice of cole slaw or french fries. A dinner plate will be priced at $8.00. Or ALL YOU CAN EAT for $10.50. The meal will be served on paper plates to cut cleanup time. Drink not Included. There will be Plentyof fish. Yum Yum

DECORATIONS: Anyone who would like to help decorate for the Party is urged to email me and let me know. We will gather at 9:30am on the 13th and begin decorating shortly thereafter. This will be fun also. The Legion will serve coffee and sweet rolls.
Let me know and come on out and get in on some early fun. I have lots of fresh Mistletoe to hang in a good clandestine place.

Directions: From Interstate 30, East or West, take the 6th Street Exit. On 6th Street at the Holiday Inn go West on 6th St. Three Blocks , turn Right on Rock St. and then immediately Left into the Legion Parking lot.

About the Venue: The Legion is a Non Smoking Facility, Conveniently Located and has a Free Parking Lot with A Security Agent on Duty. It is clean and well kept and seats 320 at capacity. It has a dining room, pool room, bar and a large ball room for the band and dancing. If you havn't attended an event there before you will love it. Very Friendly Folks and very receptive to Plenty of Fish Members.

Motor Hotel Accomodations:
Comfort Inn & Suites Phone: 501-687-7700 or 800-424-6423
707 Interstate 30, at the 6th Street Exit off Interstate 30
Little Rock, Ar.
Check in time 2:00 pm - Check out 12:oo
$79.00 plus tax per room, additional persons NO Charge .
There is a Free delux buffet breakfast served to all gusts at NO CHARGE.
Be sure and mention that you are with Penty of Fish while making reservations to get the $79.00 rate.

HI: Plenty of Fishers: It's Christmas Time and time to party. We are going to Rock around the Christmas Tree to the music of the Warren Crow Band. This could be the best party yet if you will just get in the Christmas Spirit and Sign Up and Be There on the 13th. Let"s get together with Love and Good Will in our Hearts and have the very best Plenty of Fish Party that has ever been held. Remember all it takes is YOU. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you at the party. Chuck

We will fill in the activities and events as planning progresses. Watch this Page for details. There will be a special place for Santa to sit and pictures will be taken by a photographer or you can snap your own. We will have Decorated Trees, Real Holly and Real Mistletoe so there should be lots of Supprise Kisses, so wax your lips before you come wouldn't want them to get Chapped.

Host::::::::::: Amvetret ---------- Chuck
Co-Host::::: Texbybirth--------- Guadalupe
Co-Host::::: 1 - TrailBlazer ---- Jerry
Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

123456go

amvetret

anth0469

arkirish

britbe

danmck1

doubledeuce222

Happy-lil-Lady

jan12781

Lealea01

Madymae

pingpongak

PPCFlyer

sweetcottoncandy

14 people are attending
 numlet
Msg: 2
Plenty of Fish Cristmas Party, Little Rock, Ar Dec 13, 2008, Legion Club
Posted: 11/20/2008 6:00:37 PM
Are you Ready for a Christmas party? I am. Let's make this the all time best POF party of all times. Sign up so other members know you are coming. Get in a Cheerful mood even though it is hard to do now days. Join us at the Legion on the 13th of December and have a great nite of fun, friendship, laughter and maybe find a special person to share the Holidays With. See you there. Chuck No Grenches Allowed.
 numlet
Msg: 3
Plenty of Fish Christmas Party, Little Rock, Ar Dec 13, 2008, Legion Club
Posted: 11/21/2008 6:13:57 AM
Thanks to everyone that has signed up. We are going to try to make this event extra special. We are having a Christmas tree with all the trimmings and holiday decorations. We might ask some of you to help decorate if you want too, that is the funnest party for me, gets me in a holiday mood. We have lots of planning to do and we will keep you posted throught the thread. Happy Holidays and Good Fishing.
 numlet
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/21/2008 4:20:42 PM
Thank you Bonnie for signing up, you are always welcome and a special addition to our party list of attendees. If I can help you in any way just let me know by regular email. Thanks Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/22/2008 9:18:13 PM
Texbybirth, Guadalupe has accepted my invitation to be one of my co-hosts for the party. Thank you very much Guadalupe, I appreciate you very much for accepting and your enthusiasm and interest in the Plenty of Fish Parties. I am looking forward to working with you. Welcome Aboard Chuck

Also I would like to thank Bonnie, Theresa, and Guadalupe for accepting my offer to help decorate the Legion. We will be looking for more members to help, We want everyone that wants to to get involved after all it is your party. Where are you Fun Guy, we need your stature for hanging the things from the Celing. Matymae, we need your help also. Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/24/2008 4:31:33 PM
Hi Gang: We now have a crew and I am loking for another lady in the 40 to 50 range to be a co host. If you think you would like to give a try email me at my private email and I will explain you Chores. We now have 3 dedicated POFers, Chuck, Guadalupe, and Jerry to assist you with your questions and such. Give us an email or post it on the thread if you have something to add to the party or a question and we will be glad to assist you. We are ready to Party, We now have a Crew. Needs one more to make it balance. Chuck and Gang. Happy Holidays

Sweetcheeks, I can almost assure you that the Comfort Inn will accomodate us with the same deal we have always had. I will get thier confirmation sometime this week and post it. Thanks for asking, that is on my to do list along with other arranements.

We would also like to thank all the early signees for posting thier intentions of attending the Party. If any of you would like to help decorate the Legion on a date to be posted later Let us know on the thread or by email. I have a feeling this is going to be a extra special party. Tell all your friends and and let us know you are coming signing up. We are looking forward to seeing you at the Party. Happy Holidays to All
 numlet
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/26/2008 7:30:30 AM
Hi Sky: Found you this morning. Welcome to Plenty of Fish and Welcome to the Christmas Party. We will probably be putting the finishing touches to the Decorations on the Morning of the 13th. I will let everyone that is interested as to the time to gather for the funnest part of Christmas for me, Decorating and Decorations. Thanks for offering. This it going to be a great party. We are going to have a fun filled night with Santa and all the trimmings. Happy Holidays to everyone. Chuck and Gang
 britbe
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2008 5:17:47 PM
I think I am off this weekend. If so I will do my best to attend the party to meet some of the people I see on here everyday
 numlet
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/28/2008 7:56:16 AM
Thanksgiving is over and now we can look toward Christmas with great antisipation of a full stocking left by Santa on Christmas Morning. Well guess what. On the 13th you have a chance to meet Santa and maybe one of his elfs that will see that there will be a little extra present in that stocking, from him or her. Let' get ready to Party at the Legion on the 13th. Things are progressing right along on making this a wonderful party. I have located the mistletoe and holly, they are still on the tree at this time. I will gather them fresh before the party. There has been some planning and looks like we will decorate on the morning of Saturday the 13 th before the party that night. We will need anyones help that would like too. You can let us know a few days before the party if you can do this. Let's all ask out friends to attend and make this the best Christmas Paty in Town. Happy Holidays, Chuck and Gang

We would also like to welcome all of you that have signed up and also those that have indicated they are coming either by a post on the thread or by email. You are not obligated to sign up but we wish you would. Chuck and Gang
 Madymae
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2008 9:39:08 PM
So is Santa Claus single now too...hummmm. Madymae:
 numlet
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/1/2008 5:35:44 PM
Hey Lynn thanks for signing up. I see your buddy Jd has signed up and it just wouldn't be a party without him. This is shaping up to be the very best party of the year and with Santa Clause also. By the way Madymae, No, Santa still has a Mrs. Clause, but Santa being Santa still caters to all the GOOD BOYS AND GIRLS. Have you been Naughty or Nice? I know one of Santas Elves, Personally, and If you have been naughty I can get him to take your name off the list for $10.oo. Let Me Know.
There will be lots or real mistletoe at this party. It is still on the tree at this time but I will harvest it and have it fresh on party night. Get ready for a great Christmas Party.

Chuck and Gang
 numlet
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/1/2008 8:03:29 PM
Hey Jd that would only cover you and nine of your dance partners, what about the rest? If you spring for enough I can probably get you a group discount. The elf I know is a greedy little guy.
This is going to be a great party if we can loosen the Holiday Spirit that everyone has deep inside. We just need to look at the positive and downgrade the negative, and there has been a lot of that lately. We all have something to be thankful for. We are still on this side of the dirt. Let"s all gather at the Legon with open hearts and open minds and just make this the greatest Christmas we have had in a long long time.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Years, may the Holiday Spirit follow you throughout the whole New Year. Chuck and Gang
 numlet
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/3/2008 2:44:49 PM
Hey all you that are going to need overnight accomodations. The Comfort Inn has extended to us the same rates as before. Room $ 79.00 plus tax and extra guests in the same room are no additional charge. Be sure and mention that you are with Plenty of Fish. Reservations: Call 800-424-6423. Thanks Chuck
 numlet
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/5/2008 11:55:03 AM
Hey Jerry that list if private information and is not for public publication nor is it free. I will let you take a look at mine and you can take notes.
O.K. I have had some distractions and have been out of town since Tuesday, Got back late last night. Now it is time to concentrate on the party. I spoke with Jan and Warren on Tuesday for quite some times about the goings ons. We will decorate for the Party on Saturday Morning the 13th. I need anyone that is willing to help let me know by email. I alreay have some of you comitted, but let me know again if you can still help. Saturday Morning will be a fun time if you like to decorate and visit with friends. It will get me in a festive mood and ready to Party on Saturday Night. I certainly need that, maybe you do also.
We are asking that anyone that wants to exchange gifts bring something Jender Spacific that cost around $10.00. The ones that bring gifts will exchange with someone of the same gender, that way everyone that brings a gift will get a gift.
This should be fun and I borrowed it from Sexy Nana - Bonnie. Thanks Bonnie.
Ok Fo;ks, Let's Turn on our Party Mode and get ready to have a fun event. What could be more funner than to have a large crowd, which we will. Ask you friends to sign up and come and if not sigh up just be there for a great Chirstmas Party. It would be nice to know your are coming by you posting though.
Thanks, Chuck and Gang
 numlet
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/7/2008 1:38:29 PM
Hey Gang; Thank all of you who are going to help decorate. Jan will have coffee and sweetroles. The time to gather will be around 9;30 on the 13th and decorating will begin at 10:00. Anyone that would like to help is welcome. We will call it a pre party. It will be fun also. If anyone has access to a Santa Suit let me or the legion know.
I have been out gathering Mistletoe and have some that is quite nice and covered with berries. That is supposed to be the bestest kind. It has been known to work from as far away as 20 feet but is a cinch to work within 10 feet, of course the other party has to be cooperative. I am still looking for some good looking holly, I mean like on the tree, not a girl named Holly but that would work for me also. Jd and Jerry I have a copy of the Naughty List for you. I caught the elf in a Christmas Mood.
If you want to help decorate, email me, We already have 5 comitted.
Lets get ready to Christmas Party at the Legion on the 13th. :
 hogjaw4
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/7/2008 4:43:10 PM
just wanted to register--will not be able to attend until after Christmas--thanks , jim
 numlet
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/8/2008 9:28:59 PM
Thanks Helen, I will talk with you at the party about hosting New Years and I will hold that position open for you. Again I am sorry because I just couldn't remember your stage name.

Hey Hondalynn thanks for wanting to help us. We will have fun and I have fresh mistletoe and I am gathering the Holly tomorrow if it isn't pouring down rain. Are there any more that wants to get in on a decorating party? You are all invited at around 9:30 Saturday am, We will have coffee and donuts. Happy Holidays. Chuck and Gang
 danmck1
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2008 11:15:31 AM
Hi Madymae, I dont believe Chuck told you that Santa AND his twin Santa jr are going to be there Jr is single single single, He wont have on his Santa suit so you will have to find him. Great Luck, I hope you drss to kill.
 danmck1
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2008 11:23:15 AM
Hi. Chuck looks like you are getting a great party together, I will help docorate, and do whatever you think is neccessary, I wouldlike to take this time to thank you for all the time and effort you put into the POF functions, and I look forwarkd to meeting with you, I have one question for you I dont understand are the gift going to be man give to man, not mix it up and man to woman???? Also are we allowed to play any games, Xmas games that is, How about a contest, best dressed man and best dressed woman, best dressed couple, it would sure make the woman happy, You know how the like to primp, anyway these are just some suggestions, I am very sure you have already thought about these things, again thank you for the effort, I will help decorate. Daniel
 numlet
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/9/2008 1:07:42 PM
Thanks Danial: We can certainly have a contest. I like the suggestion of the best dressed and I bet we can work that out. I guess I will have to buy a new shirt. I would wager that I could get Jan to give us some free passes to the New Years Event for the winners. I will run it by her. Have you noticed the mix of women to men ratio in the people that have signed up, We have some good looking women. I am excited. I have gathered te mistletoe and the holly, Jan asked me to get some cedar also. All we need now is some chestnuts roasting on an open fire. I love it when a plan comes together. By the way We are going to have Catfish or Chicken Strips dinner with sides, before the dance. You can have a dinner of your choice for $8.00 or all you can eat for $10.50. Warren said He wanted to have Plenty of Fish. Anyone wanting to before the Party, either email me or post on the thread, which ever. We would like to get some kind of head count.
The way I had planned for the gift exchange to work was for all the women tobring a gift for a woman and the Men for a Man. The Women would make a circle on the dance floor with thier gift in hand. They would hand thier gift off to the lady next to them either to the right or left as instructed by the MC. The men would be next and do like wise. Everyone that brings a gift will get a gift. Please keep the cost around $10.00.
Dan I, we, most assuredly thank you for you wanting to help and we certainly could use it. The Decorating will be fun allso, and anyone that can and would like to help is invited to join in. Gather at 9:30, have coffee and donuts, do a little planning and start decorating at 10:00 of course that is A. M. on Saturday the 13th. Be there!!!!!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Chuck
 danmck1
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2008 9:43:04 PM
Looks like everything is in good hands, I will see you sat.If you need anything holler, Thanks again Daniel
 numlet
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/11/2008 2:34:58 PM
Hey Gang; I am in NLR at my sons House and plan on going to the Legion around 7;00 this evening to discuss party plans and deliver the mistle toe and holly. If anyone wants to get in on this they are welcome. We would love to have your input. After all it is your party.
Welcome to the new ones that have signed up, We are glad to have you and are trying to assure that this will be the very best Christmas Party ever, and yes, Santa will be there for sure. Let's Get Ready to Party at the Legion on Saturday Night and don't forget the dinner, Warren and Jan said there will be plentyoffish.
Everyone is welcome and whether you are ab le to attend or not. We would like to wish YOU a Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year. Chuck and Gang
 pingpongak
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/13/2008 4:24:55 AM
hello everyone if i dont have to work i may take a little road trip over there
 numlet
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/13/2008 6:56:11 AM
Good morning. Party day finally arrived and we are gathering at 9:00am to Deck the Halls with boughs of holly and mistletoe. Santa called and said he would be there tonight and quite frankly "He is somewhat desturbed by how naughty we had been, but if we would be really nice he would take us off the naughty list. He also said, knowing that tonight was so special, He wouldn,t hold it against us, He is only going to hold us responsible from tomorrow until the 25th. Ain't Santa Great, don't forget to tell him so tonight.
Thanks to all the new attendees and we will be ready to greet you at 6:00 pm. Have a great day and A real Happy Holiday Season. Put a smile on your face and LOVE in your Heart and come on out to the Leagon and help us make this the Best Christmas Party Ever. Remember the Plenty of Fish Catfish Dinner and bring a gift if you want too. Men bring a gift for a man, Woman for a woman and all that bring a gift will get a gift. Around $10.00 Please. Chuck and Gang
 numlet
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/13/2008 12:50:15 PM
Tis The night of the Party and all thru the Legion Hall, decorations are hanging all over the walls. Tis a time of excitement, good wishes and good cheer, because it is for certain StNick will be here. The Trees are all decorated with lights, bulbs and bows, and who you will meet there no one really knows. One thing you can count on and this I believe from my heart, you will have wonderful friendship until time we must part.
OK. This is my last plea, I have stretched my creative talent to the limits to have a party with you in mind, so now you stretch yourself and come on down to the Legion and enjoy a great meal and a wonderful Christmas Party. Hope to see you there at 6:30 pm Tonight~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Chuck

Thanks for helping decorate, You did a great job. Hondalynn,texbybirth,deshagirl,danmack1 and Beverly

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years, Chuck and Gang
Show ALL Forums  > Arkansas  > Plenty of Fish Cristmas Party, Little Rock, Ar Dec 13, 2008, Legion Club