Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How do YOU hit on a man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ImAHotMess
Msg: 2
How do YOU hit on a man?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I do not go after anyone while intoxicated. I also take my time getting to know someone, and I do not skirt around issues. Drunk does not mean jack shit except asking for trouble. If I am interested in a man, he will know. I am very open about how I feel. No need to play games, especially in bars.
 Change Of Pace
Msg: 4
view profile
History
How do YOU hit on a man?
Posted: 11/22/2008 11:44:45 AM
Since I never seem to get out of my house and to a social setting to meet real men...I just look at their profile 30 of 40 times and figure it's a bit like casually walking by to catch their eye.

In case you're wondering--I am just kidding about the profile hits!!

How do I hit on them? If I could find one I'd hit on him!!
 Change Of Pace
Msg: 6
view profile
History
How do YOU hit on a man?
Posted: 11/22/2008 12:21:22 PM
I can do aching, throbbing and pulsating about a toothache...is that innocent enough?

Just kidding...I can see where those words and the right tone etc would get someone's attention completely. Is it a good sign if his jaw hits the floor?
 UnzippedPassion
Msg: 7
view profile
History
How do YOU hit on a man?
Posted: 11/22/2008 12:33:14 PM
How do YOU hit on a man?

Like this..

OutMind
Msg: 9
How do YOU hit on a man?
Posted: 11/22/2008 1:07:46 PM
First you recognize the male of the species that you want, then you establish eye contact, so he know it's you. Then you disappear from view. Take about 30 steps backwards and run like hell. Make the hit preferably about stomach hight. Two low and you my damage or hurt the reproductive organs. Two high and you may hit his chess and bounce off like a fish on a deck. Remember, the important part is to take him down. Then ravage him. And one more thing. Ignore all the idiots around him, concentrate on your pray.
 *buzz*
Msg: 13
view profile
History
How do YOU hit on a man?
Posted: 11/22/2008 2:06:20 PM
Does a *late bloomer* hit on a man?
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 14
How do YOU hit on a man?
Posted: 11/22/2008 3:09:19 PM
I'd leave my girlfriends and do a solo walk to a destination (bathroom, bar, whatever). If I see a man I think is cute I give him an elevator and a smile, and say something to him depending on where we are. I tell him I think he's adorable, or ask him a question about something related to the atmosphere, and throw some clear interest signals into the conversation. I always back off tho so he can hit the ball back, so most of my comments are either quick, or wrapped in a short conversation, and then I move on to whereever I was going.

I do that because most men will respond positively regardless of level of interest because getting approached is less common for them, so I like to be sure that's not all that's going on.

If he likes me back, he'll find me and continue things, if not - no biggie, I made small talk while on my way somewhere. No downside.
 c_deacon
Msg: 19
view profile
History
How do YOU hit on a man?
Posted: 11/22/2008 4:34:12 PM
DJ......Your way is a great one to use, and it does work wonders for those of us clueless about a woman being interested in us.

Many of us do not want to be one of many to bother a woman that is with friends at some location, so we usually step back and let her decide if interested. The walk to the bathroom, stop to talk, ask a question, make a comment, or to just out and out say that I am interested in you, is an awesome, assertive gesture, that most men would more than welcome.

Once started, make sure that you return the same way that you left, and give that man a chance to reciprocate, and if that happens with a question and/or comment to you, the game is on, and I bet neither leaves without a number to call.....

The whole point here is that so many men think that they are expected, and must hit on a woman, that the whole situation can become a burden for her, as well as the men marching up and taking their turn. I much prefer a subtle way of doing this, and a more assertive way a woman can get my attention to let me know her interest.....

I am happy to give the one I am interested in a look multiple times, and let her decide to make the move, than stepping up and taking my turn bothering her and her friends, when I might not be the one she is interested in at all.

Just my opinion.......
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 22
How do YOU hit on a man?
Posted: 11/22/2008 6:10:14 PM
DJ......Your way is a great one to use, and it does work wonders for those of us clueless about a woman being interested in us.

Works well for me too. And it doesn't really break much of a sweat either.

Many of us do not want to be one of many to bother a woman that is with friends at some location, so we usually step back and let her decide if interested. The walk to the bathroom, stop to talk, ask a question, make a comment, or to just out and out say that I am interested in you, is an awesome, assertive gesture, that most men would more than welcome.

I agree. IME, they seem to be fine with it.

Once started, make sure that you return the same way that you left, and give that man a chance to reciprocate, and if that happens with a question and/or comment to you, the game is on, and I bet neither leaves without a number to call.....

Well in my case I make sure he's either on the way or the way back from another destination. Turning back once I speak to him gives the impression that I walked over just to talk to him...although I want him to know I am interested and he got my attention, I'd rather it be a BTW move, than a mission.

If he and I are in the same room after the exchange long enough, he'll find and approach me again, regardless of where I'm headed.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 25
How do YOU hit on a man?
Posted: 11/22/2008 8:46:50 PM
Oh the usual..

Play with my hair.. lick my lips.. open my mouth and TELL the guy I'm interested. Sometimes all three at once.

El_Mariachi
Msg: 27
How do YOU hit on a man?
Posted: 11/23/2008 7:46:19 AM

I would be fairly amusing to see someone try to lick their lips and talk at the same time, but I don't suppose that's what you meant.

I'm always up for a challenge... but you're right I just meant that I pull these killer moves one right after another on the same guy.

I too am usually oblivious to being hit on... which is why I always just come out with it verbally after strutting a few moves... I like the moves, they're fun, so I still do them. I just don't assume that the guy will pick up on them. I know I probably would not.
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 35
How do YOU hit on a man?
Posted: 11/24/2008 1:28:14 PM
I don't wear beer goggles, nor would I be likely to oggle the produce while drinking with associates from work.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 40
How do YOU hit on a man?
Posted: 11/24/2008 7:34:02 PM
Club him upside the head (but not too hard) and drag him back to my cave... oh wait... that was back when I was a neanderthal.
 clasact
Msg: 41
view profile
History
How do YOU hit on a man?
Posted: 11/25/2008 6:52:49 PM
I stick my foot out and trip him.

Isn't that the way it's done?

Siate
Msg: 42
view profile
History
How do YOU hit on a man?
Posted: 11/25/2008 11:06:07 PM
i have found that a Louisville slugger to the back of the knee works, but you have to make sure to get right inside the joint, then you can offer to take him to the hospital and help him with his physical therapy,
 scorpiomover
Msg: 43
view profile
History
How do YOU hit on a man?
Posted: 11/26/2008 5:57:21 PM
You go over and start a conversation. Then, you casually find something that you both like, like salsa, or a current film. Then you simply state that you are going to that, and you wonder if he'd like to come alone. If he's interested, he'll say yes, if only to be with you. Or he'll say he's busy, in which case you can ask him if he'd like to go another time, and if he says yes, then you know he's interested, and really simply cannot make it. Then you can give him your number, and tell him when you'll be in to get his call.

If he is really interested, then he'll call roughly around the time he promised to call, or he'll ring later, and apologise, and it is up to you to decide if you want to accept his apology or not.

However, what is most important, is that he can call, without you spending all day waiting by the phone, enabling you to enjoy your life with no anxiety, and you end up looking like a strong, but uncomplicated woman, who can live her own life, but makes room for her man as well. Best of both worlds.
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 44
view profile
History
How do YOU hit on a man?
Posted: 11/26/2008 6:31:59 PM
Holy smokes!!! I can't believe all the guys that have 'outed' themselves on this thread!!!

Some, I never would have guessed!

~ds~
 Summerwinds77
Msg: 45
view profile
History
How do YOU hit on a man?
Posted: 11/26/2008 8:08:39 PM
Ummm...is this really all that difficult? How about you simply walk up to him and say "Hi"?
 evrybdy
Msg: 46
view profile
History
How do YOU hit on a man?
Posted: 11/26/2008 11:23:56 PM
How do you use the "don't I know you from somewhere?" if you are new in town? And what really is the best part of the grocery store to pick up men at? Frozen foods or dairy? We need to know these things! LOL

M
 evrybdy
Msg: 48
view profile
History
How do YOU hit on a man?
Posted: 11/27/2008 1:47:06 PM
lol, good ones tee!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > How do YOU hit on a man?