Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Why the blatant sexual threads?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 blueski_
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Why the blatant sexual threads?Page 1 of 1    
I was really happy to find a free dating site such as this with so many members, but was put off by the "sexual forum" here. I find it really "brings down" this website and degrades it.

I have a lot of women friends and, I know, most womenagree that the biggest turnoff is to hear blatant sexual talk from males that are complete strangers. Don't the men here realize that about 75-80% of the women who read their threads will probably never respond to them?

I just don't think that Plentyoffish has to have these threads on their website. It isn't necessary, and again, brings the quality of the site down.
 red_relaxed
Msg: 2
Why the blatant sexual threads?
Posted: 11/23/2008 12:55:57 PM
I pick and choose the forum sites I visit.
You are not obligated to read all the forums.
The POF forums for the most part (unless the moderators decide otherwise) is a free speech friendly zone.
Simple solution to me is not to read them if you find them offensive.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/23/2008 1:15:24 PM
Ditto to red's entire post.

The topic of sex and sexuality is an important one to many adult singles, whether it is to you or not.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/23/2008 2:40:48 PM
I was really happy to find a free dating site such as this with so many members, but was put off by the "sexual forum" here.

Although I don't much care for this Category, its nevertheless something people want to discuss, and it also, in view of what may be a bit on the degrading Side, it also serves as an Information Archive that is quite useful to the Many.
 Ferruginous
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/23/2008 4:31:26 PM

was put off by the "sexual forum" here
Who held a gun to your head and forced you to read it?
 Wilf Huckitt
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2008 9:16:08 PM
OP

""""I have a lot of women friends and, I know, most womenagree that the biggest turnoff is to hear blatant sexual talk from males that are complete strangers. Don't the men here realize that about 75-80% of the women who read their threads will probably never respond to them? """"

Thus OP this is a perfect way of weeding them out!!

If I have posted something that offends a perspective mate, then I guess it wasnt ment to be!

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Why the blatant sexual threads?