Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why are so many guys on ask a girl posting whining threads?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OneMoreTimeWithFeeling
Msg: 3
Why are so many guys on ask a girl posting whining threads?Page 1 of 1    
Well, let's be honest, women do that too. It's just they are "why didn't he call me?" "does he really like me?" "etc. etc

I think most of the time it is someone that is new and doesn't do a search. Or they assume that their "problem" is unique or they just want attention. There's a lot of guys wanting a profile review to find out what is wrong with them and why nobody returns their emails too.
 Miss W
Msg: 4
Why are so many guys on ask a girl posting whining threads?
Posted: 11/25/2008 11:38:55 AM

Well, let's be honest, women do that too.

Whining threads are equal opportunity and do not discriminate between the genders.
 celts123
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/25/2008 11:56:59 AM
This works both ways. Yes there are some men who claim all women are shallow, only care about looks or money, are too picky, here for an ego boost etc. But there are some women who assume that men ( who don't get responses ) don't read the profile, only contact the super hot women, send out poor emails etc. These generalizations aren't always accurate.
 celts123
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/25/2008 12:06:51 PM
The men have a lot more questions and are more redundant. "Why am I not getting replies?" Why don't women reply even if they are not interested?" Why don't women make the first move?" And the ever famous, "Why do women go for the bad bays and ignore the nice guys?"

Women ask plenty of redundant questions as well. Such as "why aren't men into BBWs?" or "why are men jerks / players?".
 celts123
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/25/2008 12:28:35 PM
I don't assume anything.
I have received emails from men that clearly were not looking for things I stated on my profile and those looking for things that I clearly stated were turn offs in my profile. Just got one a couple days ago from a guy that has "must not be looking for Talk/email” as one of his filters. Guess what I have in my “looking for section”. Duh???
I have also had men send me profile links of women and ask me why I thought they didn't respond, the majority of them had fake photos some even had spam in the about me section to websites stating “view my sexy pictures” which somehow they overlooked. One time it was a profile using a photo of Nicole Ritchie. So I have seen this stuff in action.

I NEVER stated that NO men do these things. But there are some women who think all or most men who don't get many responses must be doing the things similiar to what you are describing. That is what I don't agree with. I don't think anyone should generalize an entire group of people ( in this case, the men who don't get many responses ) because of some experiences. I'm not blaming the women either. Sometimes it's not anyone's fault. Maybe there is just simply of a lot of competition for the women that these men are emailing.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why are so many guys on ask a girl posting whining threads?