Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Childhood songs that comfort you now?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 INWITHTHENEW
Msg: 1
Childhood songs that comfort you now?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
When I was a kid, I was hypnotized by the song "Better Days" by Dianne Reeves. I just was entranced by the words/emotion of the song at a young age. Now, I feel the need to YOUTUBE it because it helps me when I think about my mom who has passed. It just reminds me of well, better days.

Is there a song you revert to now that you are older that calms your soul??
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Childhood songs that comfort you now?
Posted: 3/11/2012 10:31:30 PM
A sweet old Forum,ChildHood Songs
hmm well one is from Land BeFore Time,a few from All Dogs Go To Heaven,one from Secret of N.I.M.H, Some from SailorMoon lol & a few from Bambi,one from Dumbo, actually any music of WaltDisneys OKay..hmm etc to be cont.Forgot names oh they are on the tip of my mind..whether instrumental or lyrics or both..music can be a comfort too.
its a lovely art.Diff.these days..use to sing along to shows like muppets, Barney..now present time however does anyone want their own kids now to really want to remember'kids music'like from the jellabies later on?Nooo lol
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2012 11:27:57 PM
Use to & Loved humming tunes from Balto,Last Unicorn,Care Bears, Babar,Keroppi the Frog & Others,oh yes & Teddy Roxbin..roxbury..forgot the name again..never could really get into wizard oz song though it always seemed to be embarassing for me some reason...hmm..love still
Beatles from Yellow SubMarine, Fiddler On the Roof-MatchMaker Matchmaker Match me a Match find me my find catch me a catch...yea family times of laughs.& also enjoyed
One Way Ticket..ah oldies.Thinks...
 asianpeachqTea
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 12:02:57 PM
I remember that tune too..& was in the show with the elephant!Yah so cool!How about the tunes from: friendly giant,mr.rogers neighbourhood,mr.dressup,polkadotdoor,night mannequins,lambchops, something about a treehouse(forgot name..umbrella maybe..gahh)..yep just tryin to recall by humming fills me with fun lol.Awesome Post.
 windchymes
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2012 4:52:13 PM
Peppermint petunias, you're leaving us hanging here.....was the dog all right??? :)

I had a couple of albums (dating myself) by Shari Lewis doing all the voices of Lambchop and Charley Horse, singing songs and telling stories. There is a song on one of them called "It Doesn't Matter Why You Smile" that I love. I sang it to my kids and now to my grandkids :)

Also, Would You Like To Swing On A Star and Whoops There Goes Another Rubber Tree Plant are old comforty favorites.
 Worbug
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2012 1:26:37 AM
Winkin' and Blinkin' and Nod

Hard rock Coco and Joe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKGonDIq8gw

This song is a Chicago land thing (LOL) Always brings pleasant memories of the Garfield Goose show here in Chicago. When ever I here this song on the radio around Christmas time, I almost have to stop my vehicle and sing along. I just watched the old video and I do have to say, that is the creepiest Santa I have ever seen.

The Unicorn Song by the Irish Lovers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4bc9UwZsYs

I always remember this song from the Ray Rayner show in the morning when I was real little. He would play the song when ever they were visiting the Lincoln Park Zoo. I remember I was so excited when I finaly got to go in the first grade field trip and it looked just like it did on TV

And of course all of they Holiday songs from the Christmas cartoons from when I was a child.
 Worbug
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2012 1:07:15 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The BeeGees are great and I am quite sure that Barry Manilow puts on an awesome show. Would to see either, unfortunately, the BeeGees will never be again.

Just letting you know you are not alone. LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Childhood songs that comfort you now?