Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Holiday etiquette question      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Beaugrand®™©
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Holiday etiquette questionPage 1 of 1    

I did throw potatoes at him because of a rude comment he made during dinner
Sounds like the bunch of you need adult supervision.

Both of you go to your rooms and stay there until you grow up. Your playmates have to go home.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 8
Holiday etiquette question
Posted: 11/28/2008 1:57:06 AM
dont host a party if your not willing to do all the work...as for the late oven items, you could placed them on the counter and went on with your day.

you learned some valueble lessons this year...For next year.

with plenty of time, let everyone know what your part will be...and ask what part everyone else is playing. if you dont get any response, thats your answer.

And learn to go with the flow...or your never going to enjoy that day...or eat out
 cookie22222
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2008 7:28:43 AM
I can't believe anyone would show up with melted frozen pies for you to cook...that's just crazy!!! As for offering to help - I offer, if I'm told no - well, that's fine. If they accept - that's fine too. I had dinner yesterday, up at 6 cooking and 6 PM just finishing up the cleanup. It's a lot of work! But I do enjoy it. My mother dropped off a dish the day before so I could get it in the "cooking rotation" - at least I knew, and had planned for that!
 ForaktarU
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/28/2008 3:57:07 PM
Good question op,

Regarding the dinner guests i do have a few suggestions.

People usually want to be or appear helpfull.

I always say i have the meal covered though i need a bag of sugar or stick of butter.
At times i will up the anti and suggest that i need a 3/4 gauge 50 foot extention cord
or a crock pot that holds a 25 pound turkey.

Believe me people will stop offering anything after those above requests.

PS...i eat alone mostly now.
 The Artful Codger
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/30/2008 7:59:51 PM

maybe you can look at it another way and be grateful you were all together.

Excellent suggestion.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Holiday etiquette question