Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > what is everyones opin on tattoos?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tennis85022
Msg: 1
what is everyones opin on tattoos? Page 1 of 128    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
I am guessing they are much more accepted by the under 30 crowd, but what does the over 30 crowd think? I am guessing it is more like mine. I have never liked tats on a woman much and they all seem to be getting these cute little tats these days. To me this makes a woman look cheap, like a cigarette does when I see a gorgeous woman light up.

Any opinions here?
 ErikSFBay
Msg: 2
what is everyones opin on tattoos?
Posted: 6/20/2005 2:28:56 PM
I like tatoo art, but don't care much for tattoos.

I do a lot of drawing. Sometimes I look back at old stuff I did and I'm glad that I didn't put it on my skin.

They don't bother me a lot....but a womans flesh is so sublime as it is.
 RapunzelRapunzel
Msg: 3
Posted: 6/20/2005 2:56:05 PM
Thought about it, but will probably never follow thru. I could never decide just where to get one. I do stage plays sometime and they are very hard to cover up and if I played a Victorian woman or something that would work against me. I don't think they look cheap so long as they aren't huge or garish. Every guy seems to have his thing that spells "slutty." With my cousin it is toe rings. He freaked when my aunt put one on his three year old daughter. I happen to think they are cute, though they drive me crazy to wear. And I don't like to see anyone light up, but had to get over it. Most people smoke. Cough! Cough!

Rap
 robertpaulson
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/20/2005 7:48:30 PM
Mild turn off
 c_deacon
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2005 10:00:22 PM
I enjoy a woman with tat's if placed correctly and done in taste......I love them. I have one that I share with just those I care about, and working on the next one.....but only when wanted to be shown and enjoyed......that is how I feel about a womans tattoo/s also....
 Call Leen
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/21/2005 4:04:02 AM
My own motto is that if you are going to stick a needle in me, there had better be something a whole lot better than ink in it.
Is it fashion or art? I can express my sense of style with clothes and/or jewelry that I can take off when and if I chose. I can appreciate the beauty of some, so called, bodyart but I think the original creation is usually far superior.

At the same time, it's your body - so if inking, impaling, implanting things in it is how you express your 'individuality', that's your business.
Personally, I'd like to get in on the busine$$ of tattoo removal. I predict that will be VERY big in the future.

Oh and I loved what Erik said about women's flesh being sublime. Nice!!!!
 who_the_fox
Msg: 8
Posted: 6/21/2005 8:11:14 AM
I like ink on men....tolerate it on women. I have been thinking about getting a tat myself, but it will be in a "private" spot.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/21/2005 3:30:48 PM
On the right guy...a LOT of ink can be very sexy... and I am talking sleeves and backpieces etc. Maybe I am just more open to body "mod" whether ink or piercing or bodybuilding.
 hfxgenie
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/21/2005 4:18:17 PM
I always wanted one, so I waited until my early 20's to be sure, and then I got one. Small dove on my right shoulder blade. It's been 10 years and I still like it, may get it inked again. I can't see it unless I look backwards in a mirror, and it's also in a spot that is always covered by clothes, even a tank top. I think that because I don't see it on a daily basis I don't tire of it, plus as no one except me and a few others know I even have it, it's like my own little secret. Wildwoman at heart!

I have considered several times getting another on the small of my back, but I hear that's quite painful, and I am not sure how I feel about having one that is more visible.
 hfxgenie
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/21/2005 5:05:57 PM
Hmm..perhaps the thought of that much pain just tilted my desire to get one on the small of my back to the "no" side. Just kidding, I am still thinking on it, I think tattoos look beautiful on the small of the back.
 passionfly
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/21/2005 8:46:08 PM
I don't care how old or how young the woman is but when they get a tatoo on thier lower back thats just around the waist line (thats reasonable in size) its always always sexy. Having a tatoo in that area is so darn attractive. Thats about the only place I can think that makes a girl look sexier.

I saw a girl with a HUGE tatoo in that area where most girls get a small one. It went from hip to hip on her lower back. I didn't have the heart to tell her it looked awful so I told her it was interesting. But ladies if you do get a tatoo in that area, don't make it look like it was a 2 for 1 special on ink at the tatoo shop and get the huge ones!!! lol
 electriccrayon
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/22/2005 3:22:01 AM
call leen said a good future in tattoo removal! i laugh at that , because if you study the art that is taking over the tattoo industry, you will see art that NO ONE in there right mind would want the beautiful art, that is being produced today ,removed, and i specialize in cover-up tattoos, so i hope you open your tattoo removale office near me, because i will cover-up the tattoos that you think your going to get rich on, and for way less than what removal costs!! i have talked numerous ppl into covering the eye soar that is ruining there looks, and lazer surgery leaves minor blemishes, or nasty scars when done improperly. So watch the cheap shots toward our industry, it is not taken lightly.And it isnt "so called "art. People who dispute the fact that a tattoo is not true art, lets get these flower painting hippies to see how they would like to do a form of art that will put your ultimate skill to the test, without NO WAY to erase, or throw out the sketch and start over. Regular every day artists in general cannot handle that sort of ARTISTIC pressure, they dont have the balls for it, thats why we have the (to quote someone again) so called tough guy image. tattoo removal, how about making an islam removal office, do something , NOT so stupid!
 gifty
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/22/2005 7:37:40 AM
well i say go for it if anyone wants to

and someday there will be someone like myslf,working in the medical field having a good laugh and trying to guess WHAT that is that is etched and colored on all that old age "chicken skin".

trust me that 'art" ain't so pretty on older skin
 RDtoo
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2005 10:34:00 PM
Every once in a while I will see a girl with a tatoo that I think is kind of sexy. Most times though I am with the Old School crowd that thinks they make a woman look cheap. Guys too. I saw this guy at the grocery store the other day with a shaved head and tatoos all over it. Where do these people work at and how do they get hired?

I saw a young woman maybe 21 or 22 the other day in the smoothie store. She was wearing very little clothing and showed no visible tatoos, only beautiful silky, slightly tanned skin. I almost approached her to tell her how great it was to see a woman of her age without all the art on her body but I decided against it as she probably would have thought that I was a perv.
 Call Leen
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/23/2005 4:33:56 AM
ElectricCrayon how is my opinion on getting tattooed a cheap shot at your industry?

I know people with tattoos and people who tattoo. I am not saying outlaw tattoo parlors nor am I using hate messages against an entire group (an industry or a religion).
I did say that I can appreciate some of the work I've seen.
If I see one I don't like, I don't feel compelled to launch an attack on the individual who selected it and thinks it enhances their appearance.
I am also aware that not everyone is happy with what they got and I think that you made the same point when you said that you have convinced a lot of people to come have you correct a tattoo as opposed to having it removed.

i have talked numerous ppl into covering the eye soar that is ruining there looks, and lazer surgery leaves minor blemishes, or nasty scars when done improperly. So watch the cheap shots toward our industry, it is not taken lightly.

I said I thought there was a bu$ine$$ opportunity here. I do not think you are offering to do your cover-up work for free.

Your closing statement reminds me of how permanent markings have been used to identify the members of, and to encourage and/or teach hate toward entire groups of people.
But that is your suggestion, it was never mine.

My opinion remains that the body, in it's natural state, is a work of art. As the saying goes "I may not know art, but I know what I like".
 Truck51
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/23/2005 12:59:26 PM
PERSONNALY I WOULD LOVE TO GET ONE, BUT,
I LIKE TO SEE WOMAN WITH TATS I THINK IT IS VERY SEXY, MOST ARE WELL HIDDEN AND SOME ARE NOT, THE QUESTION I HAVE FOR YOU IS I FREQUENT STRIP CLUBS AND IT SEEMS LIKE ALL STRIPPERS LIVE ON THE IDEA OF TATS.
 dw817
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/23/2005 9:30:10 PM

Tatoos ?

* My G/F has 9, one of which is a picture of a rip with an eye poking out.
Yeah she's into all that Hellraiser, Subspecies, and Dracula stuff.

She did, however also get a nice angel.
As for me, I just have one, a small one. Just a Rose by the woman of the same name.

David
 passionfly
Msg: 19
Posted: 6/23/2005 9:37:19 PM

Between 2 persons which one do you prefer to keep in touch?...1.a woman with tattoo 2.a murderer.

What if its a cute female Marine who happened to murder Osama Bin Laden? OH! the dilema lol
 huggieangel
Msg: 20
Posted: 6/24/2005 1:51:19 AM
They are nice as long as they are not overdone. I have wanted a small butterfly on my inner ankle. Still say I am going to do it. Maybe for my 50th.
 Call Leen
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/24/2005 8:10:41 AM
Uh oh ... now I am interested in giving people tattooes ... the old fashioned way. LOL thanks geelong, you really got those creative juices flowing for me.
 hfxgenie
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/24/2005 4:00:12 PM
t, d, and h: I have a girlfriend who recently had her family crest tatooed on her arm, it is fairly large, and she is planning to add more tats around it. I have to say that it is one of the most beautifully done tattoos I have ever seen, the colours are amazing.
 HAHANOW
Msg: 23
Posted: 6/24/2005 6:44:28 PM
To the OP! Well your opinion sucks!
I have 11 tattoos & no man has ever said i look cheap! Now would someone give me a ciggy?
OH yea those glasses make you look gay !
 snowbird1111
Msg: 24
Posted: 6/24/2005 7:34:05 PM
I agree, I don't like them either, and I wonder how good theTAT will look when they are grandmothers LOL
 HAHANOW
Msg: 25
Posted: 6/24/2005 7:48:10 PM
No worries here! I will never be a grandmother.... & at 44 they all still look great!
Who cares what they will look like at 60.... I keep in shape!
 HAHANOW
Msg: 26
Posted: 6/24/2005 8:23:07 PM
You know It is all up to the person getting them. I could give hoot less what people think of my tattoos. I love them & I know what kind of a person I am.....
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > what is everyones opin on tattoos?