Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > Tattoos.......20 years later......visable      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 littlephishy
Msg: 1
Tattoos.......20 years later......visablePage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
It's my belief that a womans body is a temple, of which grafitti should not be applied .
But I'm not passing judgement, just curious for the reasons why women place tattoos in visable locations? Especially on boobs. It has previously been brought to my attention that one reason has nothing to do what other people might think, they do it for themselves, it's what "they" like/want. Doesn't really answer the question. What do they think they'll look like in 20 years? A permanent reminder of a temporary inspiration perhaps?. Do you think it could possibly hinder someone from finding you attractive? What/where do you guys find tattoos attractive/not attractive?

And to some of you out there, Instead of voting to "Delete" this Thread why not post your opinion instead? If you have no opinion then leave this as entertainment for the rest of us. It's been boring lately....lol.....
 Sherlock101
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Tattoos.......20 years later......visable
Posted: 12/1/2008 1:20:21 PM
I personally think most tattoos are great works of but I wouldn't want something permanent on my body. I recently took down some prints I got bored with that were only up a few years. A women's body is a work of art in itself. Id rather be drinking in the au-natural view without being distracted by a strange colored rose or a blazing skull. I was recently reading some profiles and saw some pictures of a very attractive women. On her lower back in some fancy scroll work was some guys name. Now there's a big no no in my book...
Posted: 12/1/2008 1:37:52 PM
One of my sons told me he dated a woman that had a tattoo of Tweety Bird pushing a lawnmower through her pubic hair. I thought that was funny.
 littlephishy
Msg: 4
Tattoos.......20 years later......Boobs.......visable
Posted: 12/1/2008 2:38:16 PM
Ok, now that we dodged the "delete" bullet........He's what I personally think...(Oh boy).
When I see a visable tattoo on a womans arm or on her boob/chest, I am immediately turned off and do not even bother reading the profile or if in person even looking at her A$$. (Ok, that's a lie, I still look at her A$$..lol)
Sure, like Sherlock said, some are amazing pieces of art, but visable tattoos on a womans body just seems trampy and un-ladylike.
I just wonder about some of those women with the boob tattoos. Do they get them thinking once a man sees the tat he won't notice that her tits hang down to her waist.....LOL......Thinking long term, would you want a mate down the road with strange ink blobs that nobody can even remember what it was suppose to be............
Could it be a reason you're single?....Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....And spare me the crap about "then don't date woman with tats" (Ya get a big fuc*ing "DUH" for that one)..LOL
 SRQleslie
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/1/2008 6:50:47 PM
Here's what good old "Maxine" says:

"I had a frightening thought................20 years from now there will be THOUSANDS of OLD LADIES with tatoos running around.....................AND..................RAP MUSIC will be the GOLDEN OLDIES!!................

NOW - that IS a scary thought!
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/2/2008 12:47:25 PM
Thankfully, in 20 years I'll be too old to give a crap what the tattoos look like on a bunch of 40 and 50 year old women!

Instead, I'll be focusing on new and interesting ways to get the 23 year old nurse to come in and give me a sponge bath... things like spilling my food in my lap or needing my depends changed!

And NOT visable in public

Only in pubic...
 SRQleslie
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/2/2008 5:11:18 PM

I recently took down some prints I got bored with that were only up a few years.

Now there is a COMMON SENSE argument for NOT getting a tattoo!

HOWEVER

My body has enough scars, freckles, moles, hair, cellulite, stretch marks, increasingly annoying age spots and wrinkles, etc. Come to think of it, maybe a tattoo is a good idea.

Now there is a COMMON SENSE argument for GETTING a tattoo! .............and I'm thumbing through the YELLOW PAGES as we speak!

SRQleslie
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/2/2008 5:57:13 PM

My tattoos are the jewelry to never be misplaced.

I HOPE you will forgive me 'River', I took the liberty of reading your profile and discovered the above statement!

The whole POINT of forums (at least in MY opinion) is to SHARE ideas, philosophies, etc., whether they are all in 'harmony' or NOT! Variety IS the spice of LIFE and I always enjoy a SMORGASBORD!!!

IT was good to hear from someone who HAS tattoos, and I for one, found it to be a VERY INTERESTING perspective!

Thanks "river"!
Posted: 12/2/2008 6:04:30 PM

When I see a visable tattoo on a womans arm or on her boob/chest, I am immediately turned off and do not even bother reading the profile

Littlephishy: Why not view MY profile...no tatts on THIS BODY...

My body is beautiful without any adornment...well..er...maybe a diamond necklace, and nothing else...LOL

~~Beth~~
 littlephishy
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/2/2008 7:17:00 PM
Beth, I only have one thing to say.......Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....Ya baaaaaby
 Green Eyes In Florida
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/2/2008 10:44:08 PM

I think women look fantastic with a diamond necklace no matter what age

LOL girly....you got THAT RIGHT..but somehow, I think you meant it "another way"...but NOT SURE...LOL..were you talkin' pearls??? LOL in any case, you are adorable..so one little tiny one (and didn't I see it? not sure..was it your shoulder? ankle?)...I ALWAYS thought about it growing up, but was talked out of it by Mom so never bothered when I was older. She was always threatening me that I wouldn't be able to be buried in a Jewish cemetary due to tattoos; so, to each his/her own.

and Littlephishy.....I'll take THAT comment as a compliment!!!

~~Beth~~
 littlephishy
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/3/2008 1:01:02 AM
She was always threatening me that I wouldn't be able to be buried in a Jewish cemetary due to tattoos;

When my oldest child came home with the two masks drama sign tattoos on her hip at 19 yrs old and when my aunt (matriarch of the family) found out she had a hissy fit that reached the moon, and then several years later my youngest had the hebrew letter for her name tattoo'd on the swell of her back (tramp stamp...lol..) I could only give up as a concerned parent...lol... Needless to say, my Aunt doesn't know about that one......lol.....(For all you gentiles, jews don't get tattoos because our brethren were all tattoo'd with a "number" in the concentration camps in WWII)

And to think the first time I posted this thread it was voted to be deleted by the self rightous forum morons....I think instead of just listing the 4/5- 6/7 voted to delete this thread they should have a list, "screen name" voted to delete this thread so all can see who voted for the deletion. I'd create another thread on this topic but it would probably be deleted....lol...
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/3/2008 3:51:06 AM
Actually, in Christianity, tattoos are taboo as well.

If you read Leviticus, chapter 19 which is where God is telling Moses what the people should and shouldnt do, when you get all the way down to verse 28 you will find the following:

Leviticus 19:28 ~ Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

As a Catholic I know some priest that will speak out when they see a congregant with a tattoo and I know many others that let it pass. While in some protestant faiths a tattoo is a condemed to hell kinda sin.
 littlephishy
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/3/2008 4:02:25 AM

Leviticus 19:28 ~ Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.

You're all going to hell......You tattoo'd heathens..........
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/3/2008 9:22:13 AM

You're all going to hell......You tattoo'd heathens..........

I figured Phishy would have fun with that!
 littlephishy
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/4/2008 1:21:36 PM
Steve, my apologies. We didn't mean to leave you out of the loop, we were just busy doing psychotherapy in another thread.....LOL
 Green Eyes In Florida
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2008 6:16:49 PM
BigSteveH: No tatts on THIS bod and ahem.....au natural too...
I can't speak for anyone else though.

Born lucky, I guess...lol; hence why I didn't comment before about "the tatts on the boob vs boob job" comment.

~~Beth~~
 littlephishy
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/4/2008 8:16:51 PM
Boobs, well, the only money I spend on them is for mammograms

Hallie, if you need any help there I may become available for a Phishy mammogram
 littlephishy
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/4/2008 8:26:55 PM
Oh if you only knew......Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
 wolfie34761
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/4/2008 10:13:20 PM
i have an idea for a tattoo in my head............ and at some point, i will get it............ just can't decide WHERE i want it.......... it's a personal motto........ and something i strongly believe and i want it on my body as a permanent reminder ............ but till i can decide where, it remains in my head........... i like tattoos that are artistic and attractive ( YES< they CAN be attractive!!) but i don't like the gangster crap, chain gang crap, the neo-nazi crap, ( or any other racist crap) and i think women who have tattoos on their biceps look manly (unless it's a VERY delicate design, and i rarely see that) and anyone that has a tattoo on their NECK looks like a "thug". and NEVER, EVER get a "property patch" ( lover/boyfriend/girlfriend/etc name) think JOHNNY DEPP, who now instead of "winona"
( as in ryder, his one time lover ) has "wino forever" tattooed on his arm !!

i admit, i have one that i wish i never got................. i was young and stupid and never thought about what it would look like in 20 years....... of course, neither do a lot of the kids getting them now.......... i do wonder how cool that "sleeved out" look will be when they turn 50+. as for the one i have................. it's in a place no one can see it UNLESS i am in a "intimate relationship" with them............ AND only as i am WALKING AWAY. when i win the lotto, i'll either have it covered or removed........

happy fishing y'all !! Wolfie
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/5/2008 4:05:39 AM
Like I said earlier, 20 years later that cute little dolphin tat now looks like a bruise... or with most Americans more like Moby****

Tattoos do not fit my lifestyle and visible tattoos on a woman are a deal breaker... but then so are toe rings, capris, bad teeth, bad posture or any combination thereof!

And before someone points out the oft quoted "and he wonders why he's still single" I will restate my position "you gotta get my the physical attraction part before a man even cares to know whats inside"
 SRQleslie
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/5/2008 7:13:26 AM

capris?????

I repeat.........capris??? What, pray tell, do you have against 'capris'??? Sorry for going off-topic, but I am REALLY curious!

Ladies, the prince might have JUST solved part of the mystery surrounding the 'challenges of FLORIDA' fish women..: ...........We ALL need to throw out all our capris!!!!!
 SRQleslie
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/5/2008 7:21:38 AM
"TOUCHE'"...............Cajun!!!
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/5/2008 9:56:02 AM

I had a Capris once. Ran it till the engine and tires fell apart.

Yeah, all 10,941 miles!

What, pray tell, do you have against 'capris'???

I have seen exactly two women who could wear capris and make them look good, for everyone else its a fashion disaster... and bell bottom capris is absolute evidence that Madison Ave. can sell ANYTHING to women and make them like it!

Somewhere there is a whole boardroom full of ad execs just laughing their as*ses off at how much money they get paid to make American women look silly!

Now back to the topic:
Some things (not just capris) just indicate ones education, career path, social status, common sense and self respect... and some things indicate a complete lack thereof.
 flcntrygirl80
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2008 12:16:31 PM
I have 2 small tattoos that are on my shoulder blades. I can keep them covered when I need/want to or show them off in a tank top or my bathing suit. They both have some meaning behind them or mark somethign special. I want to add on to one of them eventually, but that is a luxury that will have to wait in these tough economic times.
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > Tattoos.......20 years later......visable