Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > This reduction on VAT..      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pantsonfire
Msg: 10
view profile
History
This reduction on VAT..Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
^ I second most of that, other than the NI being the area where contributions are lessened... Our health service needs every penny..

If he really wanted to help out he would have frozen council tax for the next 2 years and dropped the vat on fuel prices... ALL fuel, including bloody diesel ..!!!

I'm looking to buy my son a laptop for Christmas but am going to wait til about a week before the day.. I've not noticed much in the way of reductions there as yet..
 ~Hams~
Msg: 21
view profile
History
This reduction on VAT..
Posted: 12/4/2008 3:01:21 AM
I thought the price of hob nobs might come down with this reduction on VAT but sadly
after investigating the biscuits isle in Sainsburys yesterday the prices hadn't changed at all.
 stevencl
Msg: 23
view profile
History
This reduction on VAT..
Posted: 12/6/2008 12:43:29 PM
VAT was reduced by 2.5% on everything Vatable except gas and electricity as the VAT on them is only 5% and EU regulations wont allow VAT to go below 5% nor can it be removed completely. Duty was increased on tobacco, alcohol and petrol/diesel to cover the reduction of VAT on these. I'm ashamed to say that Brown and Darling are Scottish - and no we don't want them back up here, that's why we have a SNP government I think a better way to give people more money would have been to raise taxable allowances by at least £500 but only on the basic rate of tax so most people would notice a difference in their pay packets. Just my opinion
 pantsonfire
Msg: 29
view profile
History
This reduction on VAT..
Posted: 12/8/2008 4:43:03 AM
I went into Dorothy Perkins and bought a few necessary items.. Well it's Christmas I need new clothes... When I looked at my receipt, it states that the VAT is now charged at 15% with a reducton of 2.12% from the original 17.5% VAT made at the point of sale... So hmmm Dotty Pee are keeping .38 of a % on every sale they make... Naughty naughty Dotty Pee... I'm going to tell Gok .!!!
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > This reduction on VAT..