Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Does this happen often on this site or other dating sites ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 horses44
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Does this happen often on this site or other dating sites ?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I will warn you know, this may be removed as a self pity thread...

But you seem like an honest and sincere young man

I will point out the obvious - would you want to be involved with someone like that? Of course not!

Why did she do it? Well, because she is mean, it is as simple as that

Keep the faith, I can assure you that MOST people would not do something that hurtful
 OneMoreTimeWithFeeling
Msg: 12
Does this happen often on this site or other dating sites ?
Posted: 12/7/2008 9:27:12 AM
Sorry that happened to you OP. Ack what an asshat that girl is. A real woman wouldn't play games like that. Adults, in general, don't play games like that. Just chalk it up to an experience and consider yourself lucky that you dodged that flaky b!tch!
 VivaciousVixen2010
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/7/2008 12:25:26 PM
OP, i feel so sorry for you that this woman was playing a game at your expense. The positive is you found out that she is a loon upfront and did not waste more of your time. she is just downright mean and rotton. you are lucky to get "mugged" before you got involved any further.
 Trees202
Msg: 34
Posted: 12/7/2008 7:43:50 PM
I don't think that happens that often. Don't let it deter you from meeting other women. That's pretty lame that she'd spend all that time doing that.
 VivaciousVixen2010
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/8/2008 1:48:11 AM
she is just "plain ole mean"!!! try to meet someone nice. Nasty woman!
 misszmsz
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/8/2008 4:58:44 PM
Sweetie,

The girl is quite the AS*hole.

You are too nice.

Next time you decide to meet someone, go to the bar/club/pub, sit and have a drink and if she dosen't show up within half an hour from the agreed time, leave or have another****ail and enjoy yo
 HappyGreySquirrel
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2008 2:39:42 AM

As for the others saying she she be reported ... Guys it takes 2 mins to make a new profile on here ..

And only two minutes to report if you see it (since she's in your area). This is all I'm saying.

Agreed. Do it quick, be concise and accurate. Maybe it does some good, maybe it doesn't. If she's not reported then there's no chance of her being restricted...
 compleat_man
Msg: 56
Posted: 12/9/2008 8:09:48 AM
she sounds insane..taking all that time to play a 'joke' on you..she must not have much of a life.

I think she should look into 'getting a life'

I heard a good site is www. getalife .com

If I were a bigger person I'd feel sorry for her..

well, at least look at the good part..you found out waht she's like/how crazy she is BEFORE you wasted a lot of time dating, etc..
 celts123
Msg: 63
Posted: 12/10/2008 7:34:23 PM
OP,

Your only mistake is that you waited 1.5 hours before you left the restaurant. I would have left by 30 minutes after the meeting time at the latest.
 HappyGreySquirrel
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2009 5:57:34 PM

Said I was the 4th guy she'd done that to in the last week and believe it or not to the same restaurant !

OP, it's just occurred to me; is her issue not with "men" but with the restaurant perhaps? I note she booked the table too. Just a thought...
 tongue-untied
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2009 11:15:01 PM
What a****!!! hope she rots in hell.....
 Lobo_Corazon
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2009 10:29:17 PM
I don't recall ever being stood up per se (had one or two wash out just before meeting, that's common enough.)

If I stumbled across this gal, I'd have enjoyed a nice meal by myself and gone home. Flaky would-be dates are a great reason to keep your search local if you can though!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Does this happen often on this site or other dating sites ?