Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Holiday Meet & Greet Aftermath Photo Thread      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pizza_chef1
Msg: 1
Holiday Meet & Greet Aftermath Photo ThreadPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
This is the place to discuss and view pictures of the holiday meet and greet that took place in Kirkwood on Wednesday December 10, 2008.

If you have pictures, shoot me an email or mention it here and I'll give you uploading priviledges.

Skip & Randy

Lisa, before the Meet n Greet

Amber

Kat

Rhonda, Frank, & Amber

The Awesome Chef and Host "Skip"

Chaz

Frank and Ambie

Skip,Randy and Kat

"One Min. Puuuhpleazz"

? & Kat

Group of Fishes

More Fishies

Great Time Had By ALL!

Group of "Men" Fishies

suepug1122
Msg: 2
Holiday Meet & Greet Aftermath Photo Thread
Posted: 12/10/2008 7:13:53 PM
Great Party Skip, Amber & Denise!! Food was yummy,wines were great, company was terrific! What a super little get together! I have some photos, so hook me up sweetheart!

Lisa, I love your little winery. Thank you so much for letting Skip host his party at your place. I will definitely be back!

& everyone!
 sctrrdr69
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2008 8:15:57 PM
skip, youand Amber did an excellent job, hats off..
 pizza_chef1
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/10/2008 9:20:07 PM
Rhonda got you added...
Thanks everyone for coming! Thanks to Lisa and her crew for the great place to meet! Thanks to ballwinlady for help in cooking and picking up food, thanks to kat for helping to transport stuff, thanks to amber for helping with set up and the salt, thanks to denise for the fruit trays plates, knapkins, and other needed accessories, thanks to all the people whom came and brought friends! A good time was had by all!!!
 pizza_chef1
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/10/2008 11:58:35 PM
Some of the people asked for the recipe for the Hot Crab Dip...
Since I made it from scratch and did not really follow any certain recipe I will try and put it here... It should come out close to what I made this evening...

Hot Crab Dip
Adapted from All Recipes, this serves 12 people

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened Fat Free
1 1/2 cups milk (Lactaid Fat Free)
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
1 (6 ounce) can crab meat, drained (I used imitation from a bag)
1/8 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM, or to taste
1 (1 pound) loaf French bread
1 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese (I used Parm)

I also added about a Tablespoon Cilantro, Teaspoon of chopped Garlic from a jar, pinch of coarse ground black pepper, and a pinch of Sea Salt

DIRECTIONS
(I mixed it all and refrigerated it overnight and then heated in Crockpot and served with tortilla chips or crackers)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Combine the cream cheese, milk, mayonnaise, horseradish, crab meat and Old Bay Seasoning ™. Mix until creamy. Spread mixture into an 8x12 inch baking dish, and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 35 to 40 minutes.
Cut a circle out of the top of the bread and scoop out the inside. Tear the inside into pieces for dipping.
Remove mixture from oven and spoon into hollowed bread. Cover the top with the shredded cheese and more seasoning. Place the bread bowl on a medium baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven 45 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Serve hot with bread pieces on the side.

Also some inquired about the Buffalo Chicken Dip...

Buffalo Chicken Dip

5 # Bag of Boneless Chicken Breast
8oz pkg of Cream Cheese, Softened (fat free)
Bottle of Blue Cheese Dressing (may substitute Ranch)
Bottle of Sweet Baby Rays Buffalo Sauce
Cup of Blended Mexican Cheeses
(suggestion: You may wish to add extra Blue Cheese Crumbles)
Sea Salt & Coarse Ground Pepper to taste

(if you like it hotter, add Jalapenos or Pepper Flakes)

Boil Chicken in water or chicken broth until falling apart, chop fine. Then add all ingredients and blend well. Place in crock pot and cook until bubbly. Serve with Tortilla Chips, Celery Sticks, Carrot Sticks, or Crusty French Bread.

(If you desire it thicker the Blue Cheese Dressing and Buffalo Sauce start with 2/3 of the Bottle and add to it if you wish it to not be so thick !)

If there is any of the other items you wish to have a recipe for just let me know...

RaiderMom
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/11/2008 8:46:53 AM
It was another great get together! Thanks for the crab dip recipe Skip! It was awesome!!!!!!! I will be making it for a holiday party I have coming up!

I didn't buy any holiday gifts last eve, but I did buy 2 bottles of wine for myself! Merry Christmas to Me !! hehe

I brought a couple girls with me from work who aren't on POF but they had a great time and even mentioned letting me help them post profiles online! Maybe we have added a few new fishes to the POF sea!!!!!

HarleyKat~
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/11/2008 9:55:37 AM
Oh myyyyyy! What a fantastic evening!! :O)

Skip, Denise, Amber, and Terry.....AWESOME Spread! Everything looked and tasted great! And OH MY GOODNESS...the Port...the Merlot...the Port and the CHOCOLATES....**evil grin** Terry!!!

I had a BLAST....and will most definitely attend another should you do one...but will also be going back soon! (Lisa...call me when you get the Port made!!)

And the after the wine festivities were pretty freakin' awesome, too! ;o)
 pizza_chef1
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/11/2008 10:17:38 AM
Hey guys, come to think of it if you see another party with Kat and Terry, a bottle of Port there... By all means come for the side show... it is worth the price of admission! Seriously, it may be dangerous to get these two together very often (Bay beware!!!)

I better run far far away...

(Wait they both know where I live now)

On a more serious note, thanks Kat with helping with transportation of the food items to and from the Winery... YOU ROCK!
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/11/2008 11:31:37 AM
You are more than welcome! :O)

And hey....that's an idea...we can have a Port and Chocolate fundraiser, to raise $$ for a Pig Roast! LOL
 Bayotle
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/11/2008 12:23:16 PM
Hey Skippy, forgot all about this lil event, looks like you guys got a great turn out though!

And on that note, they finally, yes i said FINALLY started working on the store so my times going to be hit/miss until I get finished with my work in it!

If'n anyone needs to get in touch with me, send me an email since i dont make it to the 4ums that often anymore!

Congrates again Skippy / Amber!!
 TheKidof72
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/11/2008 12:52:11 PM
Sorry I missed this event, looks like everyone was having a goodtime from the pictures. Hopefully things don't turn ugly on me again as they did yesterday afternoon and I can make the next one.

Kat, I am with you on that fundraiser for the pig roast...........beats what we were thinking about before and doing the auction.
 sporty_ambie09
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/11/2008 3:32:34 PM
I'd like to extend a thank you to those that came out last night to our event. I had a wonderful time mingling and meeting new people and seeing old friends. I do have pictures and will get them up as quickly as possible. Skip, thank you for allowing me to co-host this with you and all the food was great. I can't wait for the next one, we need to get lisa to come out and party with us some more, she's a great hostess!! Can't wait for the next time to host one.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/11/2008 3:38:14 PM
LOL Theresa...believe me...you might think the date auction sounds blissful compared to what "Port & Chocolate" was really about!

I agree, Amber...Lisa and Vicky definitely need to come out more, and pllaaaayyyy!!! Although watch out for them with shots! ;) LOL

Terry, too!! She is a freaking riot!!! Love that snort, girl!!!
 theonetosmile
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/11/2008 4:59:40 PM
These pics look more like my style. More relaxed. Easy to meet and converse.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/11/2008 5:15:29 PM
^^Oh noooo....don't let it fool you! It too, was a prelude to an orgy!!
 theonetosmile
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/11/2008 5:17:31 PM
Leader of the pack?
 Ms_Lookn4fun
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/11/2008 5:50:38 PM
to the newbies, thanks for making it out to this small meet and greet; what a great way to become known in this POF Family of good times and great friends! I had fun, the night flew by (as always)..thanks to Skip for the idea and Amber for helping me greet folks as they came in the door..I will have to say as nametags were mentioned last night..yes, it helps me to remember folks better with the tags or I could just say "blame it on the wine if I can't remember your name!" LOL
 SwtButterfly74
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/11/2008 6:00:34 PM
The pics are amazing! I sooo wish I could have been there. But, I did have a newbie

friend that was there and took some pics for me. So, Skip if you could please give me

photo priviledges and I will post them as soon as he sends them to me. I soo hope I get

feeling better.. because I hate missing all the exciting fun.
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/11/2008 6:28:24 PM
Randy baby....it was NOT just in my mouth...it went from my eyeballs to my toes...just ask Terry, she knows! (Hey...Imma rhyming fool!)
 pizza_chef1
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/11/2008 8:41:48 PM
OKay, sounds like I missed the real after party after Amber and I left Graham's Grill... BTW Kat, have your people call my people about a hog roast, I have done about 6 of them and love smoking meats... I have some ideas!?!?! We can make this happen! Now who is ready to head to D'vine soon?
 Bayotle
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/11/2008 9:16:12 PM
Pizza Dude, that may be a good ideal out at the lake next year!
 pizza_chef1
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/11/2008 9:23:13 PM
Bay, maybe with some assistance we can make it happen... I have the plans to build a Smoker big enough to do two whole hogs, had a tank a while back but had to give it up as I could not find an old used john boat trailer to make it portable... I'd love to build a smoker and smoke hogs, turkeys, ribs, brats, and with the plans I have drawn up I would even be bale to make bakd beans and corn bread in it... Last time I smoked a whole hog, we fed 350 people, also had hot dogs & burgers, Slaw, chips, and soda... was all donated...
It only takes a few bags of Charcoal, Hickory wood, a couple cases of beer, a bottle of rum & jack, and four guys all night to drink the beer while they watch the smoker... then they cut it all up and put it in roasters, add some BBQ sauce...
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/12/2008 6:57:19 AM
Well, D'Vines started it all....but since Lisa and Vicky worked so hard, they made up for it at D'Vines! Where IS Lisa? Is she MIA?? LOL She needs to use the pic on here, on her profile...Lisa, you got a very sexy appeal to you...show it, girl, show it! That pic of you...oozes hawt factor!!!

Skip....I am ALL FOR IT. If we start working on it NOW, then maybe we CAN do it all by the first warm month of Spring? I really doubt we can get everything donated, but if every participant of a large Strat Party (400 to 600 in attendance) donated just a buck or two....we could MAKE IT HAPPEN. :O)

Great pics, by the way...LMAO! The one..."just one minute"....was trying to REMOVE MY GLASSES! My awesome friend Shellie taught me that much! And Terry is the ? in the one with me....Tony is the ? in the one with Rhonda. :O)
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/12/2008 7:26:30 AM
**pouts** Where is MY invite??

She is a thief and a tease! LOL
 Sunniedays
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/12/2008 8:11:09 AM
Looks like a great turnout and fun time had by all.

Hopefully I could make the next one. The pig roast sounds like a good idea also.
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Holiday Meet & Greet Aftermath Photo Thread