Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is this normal?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Amon Amarth
Msg: 1
Is this normal?Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Is it normal to leave a bedroom door wide open when having sex if there is an 11yr old child in the next room with their door open also? I was dating this woman on here before that refused to shut the bedroom door at night when we had sex and twice her kid snuck up behind me and walked into the room while we were doing it or lying naked on the bed. This made me very nervous. He was 11 yrs old but very immature for his age and spoiled and she gave the excuse that she doesn't believe in closing the bedroom door? I said its fine to leave it open when just sleeping but when having sex together I thought it should be closed, but she wouldn't go for that either. Once she said that I realized there was something odd about this woman. What does everyone think of that situation?
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 2
Is this normal?
Posted: 12/13/2008 1:44:35 PM
I don't think you should be screwing in the same house with an 11 yr old, so no, the open door is just weird to me.
 Cynderella
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Is this normal?
Posted: 12/13/2008 1:47:49 PM
Not Normal

I have never and will never bring home anyone for sex unless they live with me and even then the door is shut!
 parry10
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Is this normal?
Posted: 12/13/2008 1:50:54 PM
1) The mom is a clueless idiot!.........Run!

2) she's been setting the stage for you to be answering some serious questions to the police should the kid start blabbing at school or to other parents in the neighbourhood...."hey, I'm allowed to see this new guy naked!!....."

....be careful dude and never go back!

3) this is why I always discourage anyone to sleep over at a girlfriend's house when there are kids involved.....in fact, new guys should never have any contact with children for a long, long time.........there's no need.

4) Good you ended this now and don't be a party to emotional child abuse...........and that's what it is.....

5) contact the Children's Aid Society or whatever they call it where you are, tell them what has been going on ..........in advance!....for your sake and most importantly for her kid's sakes. Let them deal with her from there............. I see you are from Canada......you do know that you are obligated by law to report this don't you? Failure to report any suspected child abuse situation can get you in a heap of trouble.....and this is child abuse....don't kid yourself...... Just make a report, keep it concise, don't exagerate and state your concerns. They will talk to the kid at school where mom isn't around.

6) lose her phone number

EDIT:..... I agree with subsequent posters that you also should have stood up and walked out........and you did this twice?.....C'mon dude!........don't give us Canadians a bad name here........THINK STRAIGHT !! You know this was wrong.
 godezzofchaos
Msg: 5
Is this normal?
Posted: 12/13/2008 1:51:34 PM
Well I don't think the woman can't screw in her own house b/c she has kids (unless it's just random people coming through all the time) BUT to leave the door open is not only CREEPY but if someone told child services they may come and remove him! I knew this guy who had his kids removed b/c he went to the bathroom with the bathroom door open.....I'm not saying I think this is right OR wrong..just that it could happen.

Her parenting skills seem to fall short if she is willing to risk her son seeing something inappropriate. That can mess with a kid, ESPECIALLY if it is not his father and he has seen her with mulitple men. Damn, some people shouldn't be allowed to breed.
 daynadaze
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Is this normal?
Posted: 12/13/2008 1:59:38 PM
Who would bring men into her home with children and screw them anyway? Inappropriate behavior most differently but worse sexually damaging to the child, since in our society he will learn that it's not acceptable behavior and who knows how he'll deal with it. People can be stupid but this woman sounds sexually strange where her child is concerned, no matter what her lame excuse is. Just gross. And why would you have ever put up with it? Just because she's a whack job doesn't mean you just get naked and go along with it.
 ShyNQuietNYMiss
Msg: 7
Is this normal?
Posted: 12/13/2008 2:10:45 PM
I'm sorry, but that is totally unacceptable. Children have enough time in life to gain knowledge of sex, without having to watching their Mom perform it. Shame on her...
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 8
Is this normal?
Posted: 12/13/2008 2:16:06 PM
I don't think it is normal to leave your bedrooom door open if there are any other people in the house. An 11 year in the house, and the bedroom open where he could walk by any time and see you and his mom having sex, that is way past odd. I don't usually say this, but if you are still seeing this women, stop, who knows what kind of freaky thing she is trying to drag you into. At best it is just plain unhealthy.
 red_relaxed
Msg: 9
Is this normal?
Posted: 12/13/2008 2:20:49 PM
This reminds me of scene out of Forest Gump. Remember when Forest is sitting on the porch and overhears his mother and the principal going at it upstairs to ensure Forest gets a normal education?
No it's not normal (healthy) in our society for children to be exposed to blatant sexual encounters due to an open door policy. Yikes...
This woman is warped in MHO, and you ought to have put the brakes on and refused to be part of this.
 parry10
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Is this normal?
Posted: 12/13/2008 2:21:25 PM
Imagine if the real father ever caught wind of this?........both the OP and this woman would have been hauled in for some serious questioning by the police or other authorities.......(assuming the poor kid has a caring father out there who is keeping watch.......I hope so and I hope he knows what's going on so he can get custody fast.......yesterday wouldn't be soon enough)

I get this nagging feeling the kid doesn't have anyone watching out for him though........(sighhhhh)
 OneMoreTimeWithFeeling
Msg: 11
Is this normal?
Posted: 12/13/2008 2:29:21 PM

Is it normal to leave a bedroom door wide open when having sex if there is an 11yr old child in the next room with their door open also?.

He was 11 yrs old but very immature for his age and spoiled and she gave the excuse that she doesn't believe in closing the bedroom door?

Would you prefer he was older? Seriously, you have to ask? I don't even let my pets in my bedroom when there are sexy times happening. This is why some people shouldn't breed that think it's okay to let their kids see them having sex. Depending on the person who Miss Clueless is having sex with, Lil Timmy Voyeur could go and talk about it to his teachers/counselors at school and it will be seen as child abuse. CPS doesn't play when it comes to idiots like this.
 parry10
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Is this normal?
Posted: 12/13/2008 2:41:28 PM
Not in the South.........the OP is from Halifax, Nova Scotia according to his profile....
 godezzofchaos
Msg: 13
Is this normal?
Posted: 12/13/2008 2:56:23 PM
I'm also wondering what "doesn't BELIEVE in closing the bedroom door" means...I mean it's not as if closing the bedroom door is some deep spiritual belief..it's a friken DOOR! What doesn't she BELIEVE about it? And is it JUST the bedroom door? How bout the bathroom door, the car door, the front door? Does she think Mommy's "special little boy" won't be able to find her in the night? That's what friken NIGHTLIGHTS are for! I suppose the sight of a strange man bare-assed bouncing up and down on his nude mother, while she screams is a MUCH gentlier, kinder way for the little tyke to find her then BEHIND A CLOSED DOOR>>GASP!!
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 14
Is this normal?
Posted: 12/13/2008 2:57:47 PM
Uhm, No. This is NOT normal.
Weird, odd, sick, twisted, fukked up, choose a term - they all fit
 Amon Amarth
Msg: 15
Is this normal?
Posted: 12/13/2008 6:15:15 PM
Thank you for all your replies. I thought this woman was very odd also to not want to shut the bedroom door and it made me very nervous when sleeping over. I asked her I would like the bedroom door shut but she said I had no right to tell her to do that because I didn't live there and that her and her son had lived alone together in the apartment for several years and were used to having open bedroom doors and that I didn't have the right to ask her to do this. She was a very strange woman with her ideas on other things also but this was the strangest.
 parry10
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Is this normal?
Posted: 12/13/2008 6:30:49 PM
Ignorance?.......I happen to live exactly 5 minutes drive from the biggest First Nations community in Canada and have spent a good part of the week for the last 15 years in business in that community so don't suggest I don't know what I'm talking about.

In fact, they have a better social services dept. and child protection system than most communities in North America.......

Your remarks were uncalled for......and for your information, nobody lives in a "tipi"

Here ya go..........educate yourself:

http://www.sixnations.ca/SocServDept.htm
 Amon Amarth
Msg: 17
Is this normal?
Posted: 12/13/2008 6:31:54 PM
I broke up with this weirdo back on Oct 26. Most of the time when we had sex he wasn't home, but when I did stay over and he was supposedly was asleep and she wanted to have sex she would not let me close the door. Everytime I closed it she would open it so ended up not wanting to have sex because it made me nervous and very uncomfortable. She is a divorcee and hasn't been able to keep any relationship going. Now I see why!
 parry10
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Is this normal?
Posted: 12/13/2008 6:43:01 PM
We're discussing a woman having sex in front of her 11 year old child......what has this got to do with anything you are trying to insinuate?........or are you trying to present yourself as an expert on cave man practices from ancient history.......and suggesting this is ok to do?

We don't care.........knowingly having sex in front of an 11 year old in 2008 is a crime.........in the native and non-native communities.........and both communities will have you arrested for it.
 parry10
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Is this normal?
Posted: 12/13/2008 6:52:22 PM
"gottalight"';

People go camping also and live in tents on vacation........your argument or rather, insinuation, doesn't hold water......

Responsible adults of native and non-native communities don't have sex in full, clear view of children........

If you are suggesting that First Nations people do this as part of their culture, you'd better get some education on the matter rather quickly........

The First Nations community I used as an example even have their own police force who are sworn officers of the Province of Ontario and apply the same laws as every other community in Canada under the Criminal Code of Canada.....including child abuse......

read some more:

http://www.snpolice.ca/
 parry10
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Is this normal?
Posted: 12/13/2008 7:13:51 PM
Oh I see.......your debate tactics changed when you ran across someone who actually knows what they speak of?.......

Smallsville?...........We are right smack dab in the middle of the biggest population centre of Canada.........and within a few hours drive of some major American cities......

Barney Fife deputies?.........I'll have you know the Six Nations Police are trained at the same police college as all the other Ontario police officers are........including Toronto Police.

Keep coming though dude........I can go all night toe-to-toe with you and your ridiculous theories........
 tbuddha
Msg: 21
Is this normal?
Posted: 12/13/2008 7:19:43 PM
Sounds like her kid might have some issues to deal with because of your girl's horrible parenting. I say "Run!"
 parry10
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Is this normal?
Posted: 12/13/2008 7:24:46 PM
No I typically start my debates by calling people racists and talking out the side of my neck like you did.

Wrong dude.........you got caught saying she must be "First Nations"..........and you got called out on it after you whined that nobody responded........

Them's the facts Jack!

Be careful what you try to insinuate is all I'm saying to you. Some of us people out there notice.

EDIT:.. thanks for the tip "SS".........I'm noticing that now.
 parry10
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Is this normal?
Posted: 12/13/2008 7:34:39 PM
He's pointing out that there are different cultural practices among different cultures.

And I'm pointing out that he is wrong........where can he show us that having sex, and totally naked, in full view of a child who is 11 years old is a First Nations practice?......well? ......show me!

And where did he even come up with this insinuation from a story someone from Halifax, Nova Scotia told us?

He's not being racist
Spreading untruths/insinuations in a public forum about an entire race of people is indeed racist behaviour...and in fact can fall under existing hate crimes legislation.........in Canada anyhow.

Is he actually a racist per se?........that's not for me to determine.........definately mis-informed though in my opinion.
 parry10
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Is this normal?
Posted: 12/13/2008 7:50:53 PM
So?....your point?......

How in God's name did you come up with the theory that any woman in Halifax that gets fully naked in full view of an 11 year old child as a habit and has sex with men is probably a First Nations person??..........all because, wait for it here..........3.4 % of people in Halifax are First Nations.........huh?

Show me where you get the idea that First Nations people do this as a habit?...or a culture thingy......puuuuuuuuuuhlease!!

Good Lord!.........somebody give me a Tylenol because this guy is killing me here........sighhhhhhhhhh
 parry10
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Is this normal?
Posted: 12/13/2008 7:56:41 PM

Agian you misquote me in word and intent. I only meant to show cultural differences which MIGHT HAVE excused her behavior.

What cultural differences are you speaking of when the topic is about a woman allowing her 11 year old to have visual access to her having sex with a man......both naked on the bed...........humour us. I'd really love to know where you get this stuff from
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is this normal?