Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Hi all. I'm new here.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mike324
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Hi all. I'm new here.Page 1 of 1    
I'm new to this site and to the internet dating scene. I would appreciate some input on my profile. What do you think?

Thanks...

-Mike-

.............................................................................................
 yolo08
Msg: 2
Hi all. I'm new here.
Posted: 12/17/2008 7:21:55 PM
I would describe your ideal first date with a little more detail..also a question for you, how were you able to post your imeem playlist? I can t figure it out, I can only get a song.
 augcom
Msg: 3
Hi all. I'm new here.
Posted: 12/17/2008 7:59:39 PM
Hi Mike welcome to PoF

Unfortunately I'd have to agree with a majority of what PlentyofFun said above. The only recommendation I'm willing to throw out there is to add a few more interests to your list. It seems restricted and well...boring. Did you fill out this profile in 2 minutes? No offense or anything, but you live in Colorado man! How about skiing or boarding? Rock climbing? Snow shoeing? You said you're adventurous right? Ever make it over to the Drunken Monkey in Fort Collins? Now there's an adventure...

Oh and what's your cat's name?

Good luck out there bro

-Aug
 You go first
Msg: 4
Hi all. I'm new here.
Posted: 12/17/2008 8:32:40 PM
Ok.. let's have a look....

Your headline says 'looking for a friend'....
Your "looking for" says Hang Out.....
Your profile review message says: new to this site and to the internet dating scene.

Are you really just looking for someone to hang with or do you want to date?

If you are looking for a romantic partner, you will need an overhaul.

Either way, single guy + way too many pix of cats = kinda creepy.

Consider what you are looking for, expand the profile body with some more information on who you are and what you like to do, and what you are looking forward to.

Good luck.
 xvermonter
Msg: 5
Hi all. I'm new here.
Posted: 12/17/2008 8:36:19 PM
Msg #2, you are hijacking and going off topic which is against POF forum rules. Need to ask those questions in another forum or start your own thread
 augcom
Msg: 6
Hi all. I'm new here.
Posted: 12/19/2008 12:57:01 PM
Msg #6, you are hijacking and going off topic which is against forum rules. Please stay on the OP's original topic, and if you don't have any suggestions or otherwise helpful advice for Mike's profile, get lost.

Mike,
Might wanna get a couple better photos up. I've found that if I change pics somewhat frequently, I actually receive more messages.
 ryansmsk
Msg: 7
Hi all. I'm new here.
Posted: 12/19/2008 2:01:21 PM
it needs some work , where to start

- headline of looking for a friend , but it says yourseeking dating ? you need to decide between looking for friends on here or dating

- about me , too much empty space and too short , need to write some more about yourself

- interests are also a little short

- main picture , might want to find another one to use instead
 Mike324
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Hi all. I'm new here.
Posted: 12/19/2008 2:01:39 PM
I made some additions to my profile text. I dont have any new pictures to add yet. Let me know what you think.
 WhiteWaterRogue
Msg: 9
Hi all. I'm new here.
Posted: 12/19/2008 2:07:55 PM
You got to be kidding me. This is the profile with some additional text?

I think you would benifit greatly, Mike, reading some other men's profiles.

Don't count on, or play the "just ask" game with women, your not gonna be terribly successful that way. Spend some time describing her, what is she like, what's her personality like, what sort of traits are important to you. And tie that description back into YOU. To be honest, YOU only consist of activities and interest. I have no idea what you are really like by reading your profile. I know what you like to do, but that's it.

Finally, the sombero pic. needs to go, it puts 5-10 years on you.

Good Luck.
 OldFashndMntMan
Msg: 10
Hi all. I'm new here.
Posted: 12/19/2008 2:30:20 PM
Not even remotely close OP, you need 3 solid paragraphs of SUBSTANCE, not three sentences of fluff.

Profile tips, top of page on this forum, they are very helpful.

Best wishes

OFMM
 Mike324
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Hi all. I'm new here.
Posted: 12/19/2008 2:53:37 PM
My main picture has been changed... added more text. I'm trying. lol. still new at this.
 Mike324
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Hi all. I'm new here.
Posted: 12/20/2008 8:56:46 PM
Anymore constructive criticism would be nice.
 You go first
Msg: 13
Hi all. I'm new here.
Posted: 12/20/2008 9:16:20 PM
Hi, Mike -

... a few thoughts....

Although the Bueller reference cracked me up, I don't think you're really looking for a young guy.... Perhaps redo the headline.... ! (How about "Rocky Mountain Guy") or some other Colorado reference? and yeah, lose the sombrero pictures...

The profile body itself still needs major work. Virtually every sentence starts with "I". That probably was unintentional, but it's annoying to the reader. How about.. "Some of my favourite things to do are ..... " or.. "My favourite movie is----- because....."

Your reader will need to see more information to determine whether or not there is anything in common. There can't be a connection if there are no 'points' to start from.

Please also add a paragraph about the type of lady you're looking for. Do you have a preference for
- tall / short / average height?
- blond / brunette / another redhead?
- athletic build or curvy booty? (don't say "booty" in your profile!)
- outgoing gregarious personality, or a calmer presence? What will balance you best?
- girl-next-door or tattoos and piercings? (the "Ginger or Mary-Ann" question!)

If you have no physical preference, you may want to mention you appreciate women of all types and want to base a relationship on the ability to lose track of time when you're with that special someone. ... or however you want to word it. See what I mean?

Any for gosh sakes make sure there are no typos, use the capital "I" when appropriate and don't abbreviate.

Good luck!
 Girl Next Door 1953
Msg: 14
Hi all. I'm new here.
Posted: 12/20/2008 9:22:03 PM
I have read a few profiles.
Yours seems fine to me. It is best not to have one overly long. Some are full pages and you lose interest reading the me, me, me of someone.

Good luck
 Mike324
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Hi all. I'm new here.
Posted: 12/21/2008 4:02:15 PM
My profile has been updated again. I'm gonna keep tweeking it till I feel that I am ready to start contacting anyone.
 You go first
Msg: 16
Hi all. I'm new here.
Posted: 12/21/2008 4:13:58 PM
Better!

... but why not send out a few introductory emails NOW!?

There is some etiquette involved, though, and some guidelines for a good intro.

Try and personalize the note and be complimentary. A few short sentences is good, not a novel, and certain not just "Hi".

Good luck!
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Hi all. I'm new here.