Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > I must have pissed God off in a previous life.....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 4
I must have pissed God off in a previous life.....Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Sorry you're feeling down, OP. We all go through this once in a while. God isn't punishing you, you're just having a bad time of it right now. I hope your new year is bright and wonderful.
 swtcarolinej
Msg: 5
view profile
History
I must have pissed God off in a previous life.....
Posted: 12/25/2008 10:17:01 AM
SILKIN Fire ..aahhhhhhhhhhh you brought a tear to me...I spent the same christmas' in the past trying to make it nice for everyone..I did and they do appreciate me now..I am blessed in that respect but I spent my days exhausted to put smiles on ther little faces...I just loved how you expressed yourself in your above post God bless you and it does seem God has turned his back sometimes but we now thats not true and its a lesson...I just broke off a relationship and it hurts to be alone today..Im alone in my thoughts even tho Im with my family...DO Something fun for you op and know you are not alone!!!
 00redheadsaid00
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2008 12:53:33 PM
I was also all alone on the eve.. However it didn't hit me too hard.. I tended to look at things differently.. Rose colored glasses are wonderful for that, I personally think that when I have time alone it is cause simply a gift to be truly selfish something that is really precious in my life quality alone time.. Rarely have that so even if it falls on Christmas Eve when it falls into my lap I take it as a gift.. Do things I dont' normally get to do.. Light my candles, put on my Christmas music, light up the tree snuggle up on the couch with my fuzzy sock and read a good book..

Truly times like that are gifts from God as my life is so devoted to others normally I think he knew I needed time for myself just to sit and rest and relax and really just enjoy what I have and what is given to me allow me to see what it means to have a happy content heart.

Perception is key.. One persons port-ta-potty is another persons Shangri la
 mitchchan
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/25/2008 5:55:09 PM
Go figure I have never hit a girl or cheated on any one, but like you I'm all alone been that way for almost 3 year. I'd love for someone to prove the saying nice guy finish last wrong. Oh and another thing I bet you heard is wait and it will happen......

So you think you're the only one whose been feeling dating and relationships are all in the rut... You're not the only one. Nice girls do finish last... I treated my ex with love and respect but unfortunately, he didn't think I met up to his standards.

Remember this...

'Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about those who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.'

Live well. The best revenge is to live well, and get everything you ever wanted in life. Live well in spite of the people that crap in your Post Toasties. Live well, and be generous with the people that took from you. Let them understand their mistake, and be reminded of it as you live well while totally moving beyond them.
 ImAHotMess
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/25/2008 6:21:10 PM
This is my 6th one alone now. It sucks. But I am still alive. And New years is 6 nights away. And I am sure I will be alone for that too. Do not turn into an "A Hole" ...from what I know of you I do not think you could anyway. :) Stay strong my friend. It is not what women go for. Believe me, I think it is just that some of us end up with them. Maybe nice girls finish last too. I am always behind. :) Hang in there. Me
 Unikshik
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2008 7:28:20 PM
Don't worry Nino...you are not the only one. There are many of us out here. This is my 7th Xmas alone... and to tell you the truth, it is best to be alone than with bad company... Oh yes it is very hard, just keep busy, and tomorrow is another day!...There is always a New Year around the corner after Xmas, something to look forward to and to keep our hopes up for better things to come along...I am still waiting for my dreams to come true...Whatever!!!... Best wishes to you!
 cruza109
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2008 12:54:44 AM
Nino ,man sorry to hear all this my heart goes out to you. I also wear my heart on my sleeve and have noticed the same when I am not really into a girl she falls in love but may not be the wife or future mother of my children I had in mind. But when I fall for she's not into me as much as I am into her. Its a vicious cycle and you need to break free from the wheel and think outside of the box. Things aka sh$! happens and it happens to all of us we can just stay in bed and wish for death or do what humans have done since the begining when God made us and thats adapt, learn, live and continue to love regardless of the odds and most importantly not loose hope. It makes us stonger and we appreciate the loves that come into our lives and the ones that leave us. I know its cliche but when 1 door closes another opens and yes I do beleive blessings do come in disguise. Be thankful for your health and that your alive and not sleeping under a bridge. Also imagine if you had a child of your own with this woman and were tied to a relationship that would bring nothing but pain perhaps God blessed you and allowed you a clean break from her. Only thing I can recommend is try to move on its tough real tough I know I am suffering myself from a break up and loss of the one love I thought I found last december and I am still heart broken. It wasn't meant to be and I also lost her in a single day for no apparent reason like yourself. I guess she got scared and didn't want a serious relationship it was leading up to, perhaps this is what happened to you it moved along to fast and the inevitable next step in your relationship was to scary a proposition and she sabotaged the whole thing in a way to express herself rather than deal with it and approach you and let you know her feelings.

Don't feel bad it could be worse like I said. I thought I would spent my Christmas alone until that is my mother called me to drive them to the hospital as my father wasn't feeling well he almost had a stroke and we took him in just in time. Blessing come in desguise remember that! And God never does bad things its the other guy ... What God does is let you learn and become better from your bad experiences..

Cheer up she's out there but she's not going to fall out of the sky in your lap you have to find each other and the harder the work and the serach the bigger the pay-off this is the way of the world it builds appreciation and the hard work yeilds bigger gains no matter what the subject. Keep pluggin away and perhaps do what I have started to and thats restrain your feeling a bit and let there be more mystery, chase and excitment when your discovering yourselves and enjoy the the courtship kind of like reliving your first date or first love this should also stop the "to good to be true and I am running the other way" attitude your mentioning. You shoudn't turn into an A-hole I have pleanty of friends that are that way even one thats training to going to fight in the UFC trust me those types of relationships are no better and I have seen them for myself seeing what my buddies go through and they always end up either being unhappy with their beatiful other half or being happyly in love and compromise by having a really cool girl thats perhaps isn't a supermodel but beatiful in much more attractive ways like personality and are great fun to be around bringing much more happyness. Not saying to settle for just anything and anyone just that all girls can't be supermodels and thats not always the best choice. We all have are qualities and defects and both these things makes us unique and all beautiful in our own ways. You just need to find a girl thats in the same mindset and level to hit it off with.

Good luck fishing and don't be scared to throw the fish back even though you've waited all day for the catch tomorrow always brings more fish perhaps the once in a lifetime big catch that were all searching for! "Always remember true love shouldn't be painfull"
 kuddlekitty
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2008 4:42:17 AM
Mikesignify30 says...I'd love to say you were wrong about that... but i'd be lying. lol. Ever since i changed my profile to be an a-hole, i've gotten more dates than when i was a nice guy. ALready setting up a date for NYE thanks to the a-hole profile.

Wow! That really is an ***hole profile...and it's workin' for ya, huh? Ask yourself this...who are you attracting? Cause if that's the type you're looking for...
 pattysmom
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2008 4:51:22 PM
Boy can I relate, I have picked 2 of the worst possible men in the last 2 years that have totally desroyed my faith in men. I too feel like I must have pissed God off, I know I am a good person, my friends and family have told me, but I always seem to gdt stuck with azzholes... Not sure if this is God punishing me or testing me not sure... Eveyone who has gone through this or is feeling this way hang in there...
 mitchchan
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/27/2008 8:09:43 PM

Boy can I relate, I have picked 2 of the worst possible men in the last 2 years that have totally desroyed my faith in men. I too feel like I must have pissed God off, I know I am a good person, my friends and family have told me, but I always seem to gdt stuck with azzholes... Not sure if this is God punishing me or testing me not sure... Eveyone who has gone through this or is feeling this way hang in there...

Yup, been there, done that... Action speak louder than words. and talk is cheap.
 horses44
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2008 12:46:47 PM
If possible, I would give the advice of both Aloha and Torquoise - say some prayers and grow up. I too spent Christmas alone, was suppose to fly out of state to be with family but old man winter had other plans for me! Now I am not gonna lie, I did shed some tears on Christmas, I wasn't with my family, I don't have a sweetie (haven't had one in a long time), why did I make the career choices I made, I went through a laundry list of "poor me". Guess what happened on December 26th? I was able to get out of bed without the aid of a wheelchair or a cane, while money is tight for me, I am able to provide for myself, this economy is slamming most of us. Christmas day wasn't what I had anticipated, it opened my eyes to what I do have, and that I am blessed

A pet peeve of mine are "catch phrases" of single men and women- heart on sleeve, last of the good guys or gals, I am honest and sincere, etc. etc. etc. I think most (not all) have these qualities - meeting someone and opening up to them is a very tricky business, either it is gonna work or fail, either dreams fulfilled or dashed.

Maybe you won't have a "committed relationship" - don't let that dictate your life - it certainly sounds as though you are letting it do just that - and it is making you miserable. Your "unhappiness" (aka self pity) are evident in your post, and if you are bringing that to the table when you meet someone for the first time, believe me they are gonna run
 mitchchan
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/28/2008 1:31:25 PM

You just have to realize that being a nice guy in the realm of 21st century dating is like asking the gov't not to take taxes out of your paycheck. you'll get nowhere fast. You need to learn to follow the Nice Guy Limitation Doctrine:

1. Thou shalt not be a yes man
2. Thou shalt not put princess on too high a pedastal
3. Thou shalt call princess on her bull shit
4. Thou shalt spank princess from time to time.....because they like that.

Whatever you do, don't even try and rationalize the nice guy finishing last dilemma. Women today don't go after guys that are nice. And they damn sure don't go after guys that are too nice.....i.e. worship the ground they walk on.

good one. good nice guys are becoming extinct. i sympathize with them.
 SweetP67
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/28/2008 5:06:57 PM
I asked a friend of mine this question a few weeks back - "Why do good people always finish last and those that treat people like crap - get everything they want." His great advice - was "just wait - you'll get yours!"

I was married last Christmas and New Year's - but believe me I felt alone. This year - I really was alone and well . . . . there is a big difference. I'm sorry you are alone - it's a bad time of year to be alone. I may have been in a bad marriage last year, but I had my family. This year - they were with their dad. Christmas Eve was the longest night of the whole year and I'm sure NYE will be the same.

But there are good woman out there who have realized how to tell the difference between a good man and a bad boy. I've had my share of bad boys and it's time to find a good man - that's why I'm alone this year. I found a lot of bad boys over the summer but you good men are hard to find. Take this time to do something for yourself and realize that you will find that person who is ready to be treated right. I know I will and I'll take the lonely nights knowing that when I find that person - it will be worth it.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2008 5:27:31 PM

Its 3 hrs before midnight, christmas day and im alone for these holidays...just like I was for thanxgiving...No family, no girl, just me. I dont understand it. Im never mean to anyone and where my heart on my sleave yet im always the one left standing in the cold. Maybe I should become an a-hole cause that seems to be what women go for in the end. Im not saying all but most of the women out there are willing to sacrafice a guy with a good heart for an ahole who is hot. Thats just idiotic too. Nice guys dont finis last is what a lot of you women say on here....Ok, live one day in our shoes and then tell us that......

I'd love for someone to prove the saying nice guy finish last wrong. Oh and another thing I bet you heard is wait and it will happen...... I've waitied 3 years and it hasent happened.

Or you can sit at home and whine about it. Finding a mate should be proactive.

I like nice guys. I like them with a hint of bad boy to them tho. I waited 5 yrs for my ex... but I was out dating and having fun and living my life. When he showed up I pushed him away because I didn't want to be with anyone. He hung in there and won me over.

Don't become something you aren't. Open yourself up to the possibilities... otherwise it will never happen.
 luvdedove
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2008 9:18:29 AM
Don't want to offend the forum by turning this into a chatroom, but saw your post and was very moved so I'll give you some advice. I am a guy and I'm not gay so if I say your pic looks ok enough to pickup nice girls it doesn't mean anything else but that. Ok I won't waste time about how our society is changing by certain trends. Girls with tongue and belly rings and lord knows where else they're sticking it.

Yes the nice girls I knew growing up, aren't on this site. They were the ones that liked a good sob story like yours, about been alone blah blah blah and would loosen up and give you a chance. These girls 90% of the time don't mean what they say. They are
more goal oriented. They want you to post what you have, like your assets. That could be your body, money or both. You figure it out. Another tip is look at how many favorites they have attached. If it's 60 or more forget it. Those are all the potential choice picked guys that are probably already in there pockets.

By time you send a message these ****es are laughing that look how many men they already have that have a nice body or money and this sob story is trying to get me. You know what they say, if you can't beat em join em, and I know they're lying. Especially when they say, they're honest and fair, because when I nice guy like me says hello they don't even have the respect to say hello back or I'm not interested.

Is it so hard to type or are they all fat and lazy and are posting the wrong pictures. I know all of my pics are recent. I have more luck going to bars and clubs or referral from friends than this place. These ****es here should atleast talk back.
 luvdedove
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2008 10:56:37 AM
Really thought your story about the truck drivers whizzing past you was really cool, because according to you they got there just deserts in the end. The one about the murder was a little off the charts though. That's probably why Nino was talking about forum junkies the little that he knows. Anyways I've got a few of my own. I help people all the time here in Canada or wherever I might be. I even give the beggars my loose change even when I'm sometimes hurting for cash. I remember once I was driving through a very opulent (rich) neighborhood with there 2-3million dollar homes. I saw a pretty lady that had smashed her very expensive sports car in the guard-rail. By instincts I would've stopped for anyone. I can do this because I have an extra sensory perception that most people do not possess or utilize. I'll get into that later if I can. I pulled my old car off to the shoulder and crossed over to assist. She immediately told me I was the only one that stopped. I was a little troubled because, I'm a black guy and her own kind didn't even see someone in distress. I mean this lady was very pretty and well dressed. Anyways one of the huge tire on her sport car was damaged so I found the jack and begun doing what I should. Eventually this white guy stopped. But as soon as our eyes met my perception told me he didn't really stop to help, he just stopped to see if I was up to something. He came out and after he checked me out and saw what I was doing then offered to help, but he didn't know I was checking him out also. After I sensed he wasn't a threat I let him have the jack and told the lady I had to go and offered to call a tow truck. Now this was a time when cell phones weren't that popular yet, and most people didn't have one, but I did. Just a week ago there was some bad weather conditions and while scraping off my car, out of my peripheral vision I saw an old lady trying her best to walk with her walking stick. By the time I drove off she had just gotten to the top of the street. I opened my door because the window was still frozen. I offered her a ride. She asked me where I was going. I asked her where she was going, because I knew it wasn't anywhere near where I had to go. I had to go over my brother's house more than 30miles away to help with some renovations. Then goto a business meeting so time was pressing. She got in and even asked me to buckle her in because she couldn't reach it. I drove her over to the Mall and got out to help her up and said by. This could've been anybody's mom. I was brought up to respect anybody from any race. But no one cares about that anymore. The girls on this site just look at the picture and pass judgment. Why do I still care, because it's my nature. About my perception, people have told me there is a light that shines from my eyes, especially the left. At first I laughed, then one day while combing my hair the sunlight hit the mirror at an angle and sure enough a strong light came from the left side. In Vegas it comes from the right side. I haven't been to Australia yet, but something compels me to go there. Now others might have this but mine is impossible not to see. It doesn't make me special, but it's something.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > I must have pissed God off in a previous life.....