Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > The Song Dedication Thread      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 1
The Song Dedication ThreadPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I love music - whether I'm driving in my car, working out at the gym, cleaning my house, grocery shopping - whatever - I love to listen to my favorite music while I am going about the business of my life. Sometimes, though, as I'm listening to the lyrics of a song, I find that they're exactly the words that I wish I could send to a certain person at that moment. I guess if I was twelve years old, I would call up that person on the telephone and play the song for them and then hang up! (Did you ever do that?!) But since I'm no longer twelve and this is the information age, I thought sending the song out via this venue might work better. Then they could read the words and hear the beautiful, haunting melody that made me think of them. I hope others will take the opportunity to send a song out to someone in their life who they like, love, hate or are ambivalent about. While you're thinking of yours, here's mine:

Sending this song out to "DW" with the soulful blue eyes, the warm smile and the intoxicating Republican cooties...

http://www.imeem.com/cartels/music/J8WH7oB5/glen_hansard_falling_slowly/

Falling Slowly
by Glen Hansard

I don't know you
But I want you
All the more for that
Words fall through me
And always fool me
And I can't react
And games that never amount
To more than they're meant
Will play themselves out

Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you have a choice
You'll make it now

Falling slowly, eyes that know me
And I can't go back
Moods that take me and erase me
And I'm painted black
You have suffered enough
And warred with yourself
It's time that you won

Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you had a choice
You've made it now
Falling slowly sing your melody
I'll sing along
 ~StL
Msg: 2
The Song Dedication Thread
Posted: 12/27/2008 2:31:55 PM
I can't imagine my life without music... I am very gratful I have been blessed with "some" musical talent. I sing in a Barbershop Choir which is so much fun. However, there was a "Season" in my life that I was so very happy... felt so very loved and doubt if I will ever feel that way again........ this was our song.

{/ I hope others will take the opportunity to send a song out to someone in their life who they like, love, hate or are ambivalent about. While you're thinking of yours, here's mine...../}

Keeper of The Stars
by Tracy Byrd

http://www.imeem.com/ohnomyhalosliped/music/MYiybiB4/tr...

The Keeper Of The Stars
Sung by Tracy Byrd

It was no accident me finding you
Someone had a hand in it
Long before we ever knew
Now I just can't believe you're in my life
Heaven's smilin' down on me
As I look at you tonight

CHORUS:
I tip my hat to the keeper of the stars
He sure knew what he was doin'
When he joined these two hearts
I hold everything
When I hold you in my arms
I've got all I'll ever need
Thanks to the keeper of the stars

Soft moonlight on your face oh how you shine
It takes my breath away
Just to look into your eyes
I know I don't deserve a treasure like you
There really are no words
To show my gratitude

REPEAT CHORUS

It was no accident me finding you
Someone had a hand in it
Long before we ever knew.
 previouslyme
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/27/2008 4:01:10 PM
Wow, these songs are so beautiful.

It is amazing how a song can bring so many feelings to surface, usually the soft and loving side for me, even if it is just bringing back a memory.
 AnglFlynToCloseToGround
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/27/2008 5:16:27 PM
I think I would send the song "Dust IN The Wind " by the group "Kansas" to my ex husband ... with a message "Yes that is all we are" ... It was playing the first time we were together ...

Every time I hear that song it reminds of him ... I wish I it wouldnt but then again it was one of the better times of my life ...

AnglFlyn
 imalitltpot
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/27/2008 7:19:18 PM
Today I dedicate the song HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU to EsotericJudi!!
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/28/2008 8:42:16 AM

It is amazing how a song can bring so many feelings to surface, usually the soft and loving side for me, even if it is just bringing back a memory.

Isn't that the truth? I can't hear the song "Three Times A Lady" without thinking about slow dancing at a party in my friend Angie's backyard to that song when I was about 14 years old. "David B.", my dance partner was an OLDER MAN (16!) who, later that summer, gave me my first kiss. I thought it was disgusting! Tongues!? Yack! LOL! I later found out that poor David B just didn't know how to kiss very well.
 klear 2
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/28/2008 11:34:28 AM
Im your man.....
If I kissed you, you would throw rocks at the other boys!!!
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 8
Throwing Rocks?
Posted: 12/28/2008 12:24:30 PM
Throw rocks at the other boys, no less?! That's pretty big talk from a complete stranger - are your lips prepared to back up this wild claim of yours?
 scoutmom
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/28/2008 10:02:08 PM
I wouldn't really dedicate this song to anyone really but I do have a song that takes me back to a time and a place. Back when I was in high school I was madly in love with a very good friend of mine (never had the guts to tell him so). We used to drive around in his'67 Mustang listening to Alabama and everytime I hear the song Mountain Music it takes me back to Mark and riding around in the Mustang. It's funny how a song can take you back to certain times and places.
 STLTASHA2
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/29/2008 4:29:54 AM
Being on pof since mid-August, I now kiss with my eyes open and a rock in one hand held behind my back............
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/29/2008 6:35:26 AM

Being on pof since mid-August, I now kiss with my eyes open and a rock in one hand held behind my back............

Tasha! That sounds like good advice! I once had an overly aggressive date who got just a tad too frisky in the parking lot while walking me to my car and I think a ROCK over his head would probably have ended his "romantic" aspirations in a hurry. Instead he had to settle for a polite "Another time, perhaps.." and then the nasty email he got from me when he got home that night.

ScoutMom - I know exactly what you mean. There are a handful of songs that will take me RIGHT back to a time and place in my life and how I was feeling at that time. After school, I went to live in (what is now) West Germany and a friend had given me a tape as a going away gift. I popped the tape into the car's tape player on our way home from the airport and marvelled at the strange and wonderful new country in which I had just landed. The song was Pink Floyd's "Time" and the words seemed particularly appropriate as I started this new "phase" in my life:

Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find ten years have gone behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

That song, to this day, still reminds me of the strange, yet excited feeling I had when I first landed in Europe...ready to embark on my next grand adventure.
 ~StL
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/29/2008 5:59:12 PM
I love James Taylor.

When I just turned 16 years old, my Daddy passed away. It was a terrible time in my life needless to say. I would stop what I was doing and listen to JT's song, You've got a Friend.

To this day, I stop and listen. It is weird but it puts me in this... strange place... a place in the past.

Wowza if I could just go back and change just a few things... but I can't . I do have memories though.

When you're down and troubled
And you need some loving care
And nothing, nothing is going right
Close your eyes and think of me
And soon I will be there
To brighten up even your darkest night

You just call out my name
And you know wherever I am
I'll come running to see you again
Winter, spring, summer or fall
All you have to do is call
And I'll be there
You've got a friend

If the sky above you
Grows dark and full of clouds
And that old north wind begins to blow
Keep your head together
And call my name out loud
Soon you'll hear me knocking at your door

I'll come running to see you
And I'll be there

Ain't it good to know that you've got a friend
When people can be so cold
They'll hurt you, and desert you
And take your soul if you let them
Oh, but don't you let them

I'll come running to see you again
And I'll be there
You've got a friend
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/29/2008 8:01:18 PM
OMG Susie, that is SUCH a good song. James Taylor has such a unique and wonderful voice, too...I love his version of the Buddy Holly song "Everyday"...

http://www.imeem.com/kiki47/music/munWq4ba/james_taylor_james_taylore_everyday/

Everyday its getting closer
Going faster than a roller coaster
A love like yours would surely come my way

Everday seems a little faster
All my friends they say go on up and ask her

Everyday it seems a little stronger
Everyday it lasts a little longer
Come what may do you ever long for
True love from me

Everyday seems a little closer
Going faster than a roller coaster

Everyday
 AnglFlynToCloseToGround
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/29/2008 9:48:26 PM
My mum died of liver cancer 4 years ago and the 1st time I heard this song after she died I cried thinking of her ... John Denver singing Sunshine On My Shoulders ...

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy, sunshine in my eyes can make me cry.
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely, sunshine almost always makes me high.
If I had a day that I could give you, I'd give to you the day just like today.
If I had a song that I could sing for you, I'd sing a song to make you feel this way.
If I had a tale that I could tell you, I'd tell a tale sure to make you smile.
If I had a wish that I could wish for you, I'd make a wish for sunshine for all the while.
Sunshine almost all the time makes me high. Sunshine almost always:

When I hear this line "If I had a tale that I could tell you, I'd tell a tale sure to make you smile."
I cant stop the tears ... I would always make mum laugh with my crazy humor ... She would say " O you are a nut" and laugh ... I would say "But ya luvs ya me doesn't ya mum ?"

Luv ya Mum

AnglFlyn
 ~StL
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/30/2008 6:21:04 PM
when I was a young little whipper snapper, I played the guitar. My mom would sit across the room from me where I was strumming a tune and sing it for me. Those are some GREAT memories.

Mom had a lot of songs, I guess you would call them the nursey rhymes type of songs. I catch myself singing the same ones to my grand daughters. You are my sunshine is my favorite.

Isn't it funny how we so become our Momma's? She was a wonderful woman and I am proud to be like her.

Yes, music is a big part of my life.. has been way back when , it is now and I plan on it being with me forever.

Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/30/2008 6:52:19 PM
I just keep thinking of more. When I was in labor (but not quite THERE) with my son, the nurses made me walk up and down the hallways in the hospital. I'm sure there are more than a few women who also had to do this. I was having LABOR PAINS and trying to keep my mind off of how horrible I felt so my (now ex) husband and I sang the song "Here comes the sun" only we substituted the lyrics "Here's come OUR SON..do do do do.." LOL! I can't hear the song "Here Comes The Sun" to this day without thinking of the day that little tyke was born.
 previouslyme
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/30/2008 7:46:11 PM
That is so sweet! Did you know it was going to be a boy?
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/30/2008 9:10:14 PM
Yes, I knew it was going to be a boy and had even picked out his name already. Every time that song comes on the radio and he's around I'll say "You know, honey, every time I hear that song..." and he'll reply "I KNOW - you and dad walked up and down the halls and sang here comes our son...you've TOLD me this!" LOL!
 previouslyme
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/30/2008 9:22:32 PM
Some day he will repeat the story over and over just like that to his wife and children!

I only had one of my children named before she was born. Destini. A Bad Company song had is sung out so beautiful. I added Renee for a middle name. If she would have been a boy, I don't know what I would have done. The other two, got named within an hour before discharge.

My youngest is so much into music, she knows so much trivia about the music and bands from even before my era. She is always quizing me. She wants a career in the music and film production industry. She already has her own section on utube and other websites.
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/31/2008 6:53:37 AM
If she would have been a boy, I don't know what I would have done.

Well, my parents were expecting a BOY and had a name picked out for me and when I was born a GIRL, they gave me that name anyway! Freaks! (Those who know my real name will understand this post more fully.)

Did you encourage your daughter to love music? I think that's important. I remember when I was in 4th grade, I got a record player and a stack of 45s for Christmas and I think it really served to forge my love of music. Today, I encourage this same love of music in my son, although I can't say that I agree with his taste in music. Sometimes we'll switch out our headphones and plug into the others iPod so that we can each hear a song that the other likes. I usually give him something to listen to like Fleetwood Mac's "HYPNOTIZED" (OMG, I love that song!) and he usualy makes me suffer through something that sounds like a lot of erratic NOISE to me. Oh geeeez, I've become my mother! She must have felt the same way when she heard Led Zeppelin blaring through my bedroom walls!
 previouslyme
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/31/2008 7:29:54 AM
You never know what you are handing down to your children.

Every day to day care or preschool we sang songs in the car, long road trips we sang with what ever was on the radio etc. Same with sports and school. I took single classes while they were little and the youngest always wanted to do homework with me. I didn't have an opportunity to play sports growing up and my X wouldn't allow it while we were married. So as soon as we were apart, I enrolled them all in what ever they wanted to try. My son is an Eagles Scout and my youngest is one of the top soldiers in her Army National gaurd unit. The oldest is a very organized mom, don't know how that happened! But, the music tastes are wide open with all of the kids because I told them that it isn't about the style of music always, it is the art. The symphony is what convinced them of that!
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/31/2008 8:06:08 AM
My mom used to do that, too! Only we would drive around at Christmas time looking at all of the Christmas lights in our town, singing Christmas Carols at the top of our lungs with the windows down! Funny what you remember from your childhood, isn't it? We are all making memories for our children - hopefully more good than bad, lest they end up on some therapists couch in 20 years telling them how we ruined their lives.

I heard this song on my iPod yesterday and thought it quite fitting for this time of year. I hope that everyone can look back on 2008 with a good feeling and a sense of accomplishment. Wishing everyone a joyous, peaceful, safe and prosperous new year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNF1a-ZG1uc

A Long December
by Coutning Crows

A long December and there's reason to believe
Maybe this year will be better than the last
I can't remember the last thing that you said as you were leaving
Oh the days go by so fast

And it's one more day up in the canyons
And it's one more night in Hollywood
If you think that I could be forgiven
I wish you would
(Na na na, etc. yeah)

The smell of hospitals in winter
And the feeling that it's all a lot of oysters, but no pearls
All at once you look across a crowded room
To see the way that light attaches to a girl

And it's one more day up in the canyons
If you think you might come to California
I think you should
(Na na na, etc. yeah)

Drove up to Hillside Manor sometime after 2 a.m.
And talked a little while about the year
I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower
Makes you talk a little lower about the things you could not show her

And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
Maybe this year will be better than the last
I can't remember all the times I tried to tell myself
To hold on to these moments as they pass

And it's one more day up in the canyon
It's been so long since I've seen the ocean
I guess I should
(Na na na, etc. yeah)
 Lisalsb
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2009 7:35:41 AM
The first time I ever seen my Bf's pic was, of all places, on this site and I thought he was just the most handsomest man!! We started chatting online via another site (Not a dating website) and finally decided to meet ... And now we're always spending time together, texting or on the phone. I put a song on my profile on that other site and it was one I've always liked but now it expressed the way I felt. One day he told me he changed the song on his profile ... to the same exact one I put up. LoL ... So now I'm sharing the lyrics with y'all ... If you don't know it, there's lots of music sites that will have it. It's a pretty song.
===========================================================

All My Life lyrics - K-ci & JoJ0
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I will never find another lover sweeter than you,
Sweeter than you
And I will never find another lover more precious than you
More precious than you
Girl you are close to me you're like my mother,
Close to me you're like my father,
Close to me you're like my sister,
Close to me you're like my brother
You are the only one my everything and for you this song I sing

And all my life I've prayed for someone like you
And I thank God that I, that I finally found you
All my life I've prayed for someone like you
And I hope that you feel the same way too
Yes, I pray that you do love me too

I said you're all that I'm thinking of.....baby

Said, I promise to never fall in love with a stranger,
You're all I'm thinking of, I praise the Lord above,
For sending me your love, I cherish every hug,
I really love you

And all my life, baby, baby, I've prayed for someone like you,
And I thank God that I, that I finally found you, baby
And I hope that you feel the same way too
Yes, I pray that you do, love me

You're all that I ever known, when you smile, on my face, all I see is a glow.
You turned my life around, you picked me up when I was down,
You're all that I ever known, when you smile on your face all I see is a glow,
You picked me up when I was down
You're all that I ever known, when you smile on your face all I see is a glow,
You picked me up when I was down and I hope that you feel the same way too,
Yes I pray that you do love me too

All my life, I've prayed for someone like you,
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/4/2009 9:13:42 PM
Trisha Yearwood also does a version ^^ :O)

Hmmm...I have a lot of songs with memories...but I guess if I had to send out a dedication one, it would be "Far Away" to someone special who knows who he is. :O)

"Far Away"

This time, This place
Misused, Mistakes
Too long, Too late
Who was I to make you wait
Just one chance
Just one breath
Just in case there's just one left
'Cause you know,
you know, you know

[CHORUS]
That I love you
I have loved you all along
And I miss you
Been far away for far too long
I keep dreaming you'll be with me
and you'll never go
Stop breathing if
I don't see you anymore

On my knees, I'll ask
Last chance for one last dance
'Cause with you, I'd withstand
All of hell to hold your hand
I'd give it all
I'd give for us
Give anything but I won't give up
'Cause you know,
you know, you know

[CHORUS]

So far away
So far away
But you know, you know, you know

I wanted
I wanted you to stay
'Cause I needed
I need to hear you say
That I love you
I have loved you all along
And I forgive you
For being away for far too long
So keep breathing
'Cause I'm not leaving you anymore
Believe it
Hold on to me and, never let me go
Keep breathing
'Cause I'm not leaving you anymore
Believe it
Keep breathing
Keep breathing
 Sue-De-Nym
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/5/2009 5:11:58 PM
I've got another one (is anyone really surprised? LOL!) Sending this song out to "TTB" wherever he may be...

You've Got A Friend
Lyrics by Carole King

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_L4epGowZU

When you're down and troubled
And you need a helping hand
And nothing, whoa nothing is going right.
Close your eyes and think of me
And soon I will be there
To brighten up even your darkest nights.

You just call out my name,
And you know whereever I am
I'll come running, oh yeah baby
To see you again.
Winter, spring, summer, or fall,
And I'll be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.
You've got a friend.

If the sky above you
Should turn dark and full of clouds
And that old north wind should begin to blow
Keep your head together and call my name out loud
And soon I will be knocking upon your door.
You just call out my name and you know where ever I am
I'll come running to see you again.
All you got to do is call
And I'll be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.

Hey, ain't it good to know that you've got a friend?
People can be so cold.
They'll hurt you and desert you.
Well they'll take your soul if you let them.
Oh yeah, but don't you let them.

You just call out my name and you know wherever I am
I'll come running to see you again.
Oh babe, don't you know that,
Winter spring summer or fall,
Hey now, all you've got to do is call.
Lord, Ill be there, yes I will.
You've got a friend.
You've got a friend.
Ain't it good to know you've got a friend.
Ain't it good to know you've got a friend.
You've got a friend.
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > The Song Dedication Thread