Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > when does a woman know a man loves her....but there is no ring presen      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 changingchallenge
Msg: 1
when does a woman know a man loves her....but there is no ring presented?Page 1 of 1    
How does a woman know if a man loves her? Or might love her? How is love developed differently for a man than a woman? How does a man feel love for and loved by a woman?,,,,,,,,,,,what if you give him the attention he seems to need, but he doesn give you any? what if you listen to him like a therapist, but he never asks you any questions about yoursef?.......yet still he carries on contact and a relationhip with you. Why would a man not want to meet a womans family if ther is more complications than diiferent-races-cultures and political following............ how does a woman learn to trust in what a man says to her, if he lies often, but you can never tell when he is lyeing........ give me your opinions on this.............. why does a man walk away or ignore you if you argue or disagree with him or try to correct him, and he just ignores you and does what he wants anyway............
 AppleGeek
Msg: 2
view profile
History
when does a woman know a man loves her....but there is no ring presented?
Posted: 12/27/2008 7:08:22 PM

he lies often

I stopped trying to come up with a response to your post when I saw this. I don't think you should be worrying about how he feels about you and more about how soon you can get rid of him.

And this is not a "he did something wrong, just dump him" reaction.
 h0ldfast
Msg: 3
view profile
History
when does a woman know a man loves her...
Posted: 12/27/2008 7:09:52 PM
Love is a pretty personal thing, and it has more to do with the heart than the mind. If the relationship gives you what you need, then don't get too concerned about minor details. If the relationship doesn't give you what you need, then don't try to find excuses to stay with it.

Some puzzles, of course, are easily solved:

what if you give him the attention he seems to need, but he doesn give you any?

He is selfish.

what if you listen to him like a therapist, but he never asks you any questions about yoursef?

He sees you as a therapist, not a relationship partner. A patient isn't supposed to ask questions of the therapist.

how does a woman learn to trust in what a man says to her, if he lies often, but you can never tell when he is lyeing

If he lies often, don't believe anything he says.

why does a man walk away or ignore you if you argue or disagree with him or try to correct him, and he just ignores you and does what he wants anyway

If he ignores you and does what he wants, it's a sign that he doesn't agree with your recommendation. Walking away is sensible if argument won't resolve anything.
 NJBubble
Msg: 4
when does a woman know a man loves her...
Posted: 12/27/2008 7:38:37 PM
This guy has alot of issues. I would date around in my opinion.
 justagirl99
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/27/2008 7:56:07 PM
There are a few things that struck me in this post;

Do you honestly believe that a ring would make everything better? A ring is just a ring, it's how you are treated and/or treat the other that would seem more important.

If he lies often, why would you continue to trust?

And if arguments, disagreements and corrections are needed, is it really such a blissful union? As one poster stated, a woman would do the same, and I agree it's probable. No one really wants to feel inferior, do they?
 changingchallenge
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/27/2008 8:06:38 PM
i meant arguements and disagreemenst abouut being neglected and spending too much money on alcohol and drugs a nd other crap that needs to be fixed, arguments about not ordering another drink when someone has hd too many already, and arguments about people lying about their wherabouts, and talking to other friends of the opposite gender on the insant messanger or on the phone while you are in the presence of your partner, arguments about why someone is so cheap, but will blow their money on booze and drugs, before they will buy someone a christmas or birthday present. Argumnets about where they agree to eat together and what they want to eat because they have different palattes.
I dont htink anyone who is being corrected for the better is going to resist their mistakes being pointed out to them, if they are resisting it from you, and get violent about it,,,,,, what is thier problem what does this mean?
 Passionateman777
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/27/2008 8:12:21 PM
Excellent reply.

There is no definitive answer to this question. The best indication of love is in action and sacrifice. I think love should be only classified as a verb.

Still, even though you should know and never have to ask, there is the possibility there is a security issue with you not acknowledging it. So there are many complication keeping there from being an answer.

Good luck getting an answer to this.
 Passionateman777
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/27/2008 8:39:44 PM
I meant "Excellent Reply" to Applegeek.

Also, to him, GO MAC!
 Randy3512
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/27/2008 9:21:40 PM
You are totally clueless, aren't you OP? Well, there are lots of books out there. Going by your questions I would start with 'men are from mars, women are from venus'.
It uncovers a lot of what your post is asking... To some degree anyway.
 Irespire
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/27/2008 9:23:26 PM
Love is a mutual sharing of understanding, perspective, empathy, and respect between two highly intelligent people. There's really no more to it, whether that be material possessions, words, etc.

This disqualifies almost everyone from it though, and nobody wants to admit it, because they're all idiots.
 OhioLady59
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2008 9:23:37 PM
Let's see if I have this right: this guy neglects you, spends a lot of money on alcohol and drugs, lies a lot, doesn't want to meet your family, and apparently can't do anything right in your eyes, since you feel you need to constantly correct his mistakes, which causes him to get violent.

You want to know how you can tell if he loves you. I think a much better question would be why do you want him to?
 WhiteWaterRogue
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/27/2008 9:25:35 PM
This is the stuff of many threads.
 changingchallenge
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/27/2008 9:30:44 PM
what am i clueless about? explain, the person in question, wnated someone to mother-tame-control-dominate him, but then wanted to continue to 'test' and disrespect her counel or suggestion, becuase he still asserted that he 'didn t want anyone to change him', so explain to me what im cluelss about, the more passive, accepting, and easy-going-persmissiv ei was nt he realtionship the longer and closer the realtion ship became. When i was objectful to anything we would separate for weeks or months only to reunite again, and continue the cycle, so what am i clueless about? please clarify.........
 Randy3512
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/27/2008 10:31:51 PM
There are nine questions that I can count in your OP. All of which were written by a woman that seems to have no idea about the way men behave and has no clue what to make of it..So I suggested a book for you to read.

what am i clueless about? explain, the person in question, wnated someone to mother-tame-control-dominate him, but then wanted to continue to 'test' and disrespect her counel or suggestion, becuase he still asserted that he 'didn t want anyone to change him',

You only saw what you wanted to see...You didn't see the whole picture.
(Don't you think that nine questions is a lot to put in one post there, clueless in Miami?)

When i was objectful to anything we would separate for weeks or months only to reunite again, and continue the cycle,

I rest my case.
 girldiver
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2008 10:35:55 PM
You're clueless about being in a relationship with a total loser and we're clueless as to why you would want to???
 silentsteel
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/27/2008 11:26:11 PM
What a train wreck of a post.
 changingchallenge
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/27/2008 11:35:23 PM
really, whi si a train wreck? i think its is very peritant adn al the replies enlightening and frsh, what about it dint you like that you would even follow through to read to the end.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > when does a woman know a man loves her....but there is no ring presented?