Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Men who dont ask women any questions, but still like their company?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AppleGeek
Msg: 2
Men who dont ask women any questions, but still like their company?Page 1 of 1    

i havent met a man who wasnt like this in my presence in my life

I suspect its a condition systemic to the fatal disease known as masculinity.
 WhiteWaterRogue
Msg: 3
Men who dont ask women any questions, but still like their company?
Posted: 12/27/2008 9:03:16 PM
If he talks about himself, and you don't talk, and he asks you no questions: He is self absorded and or doesn't give two shits about you.

If he does not talk about himself, and you don't talk,and he asks you no questions: Your both idjits.

If you have to do all the talking, and ask him questions: he might be introverted and or shy; he might be dull too.

If he skirts alot of issues, you should not pursue it.

If think all men are like this, then you are in need of more experience.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2008 10:59:58 PM

With some guys, if you're attractive enough and you're not boring him, that's all they need from a woman. You must be attracting the introverted types.

but doesnt share very much, and skirts alot of issues, or says he doesnt want to discuss them

If you find a guy that captures your fancy, just be patient. It will all come out eventually. Some guys have a 'don't ask, don't tell' policy, especially on the first few dates. Sometimes, too much information is no good. Maybe he doesn't want you to know he's been with 500 women....

On the other hand, if your speaking style is anything like your writing style, maybe he just can't get a word in edgewise......

SingleGuy4912
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2008 12:08:37 AM
so for which kind of man is personality more important than passivity?

That would be personal preference. Perhaps you should start another 'Ask A Guy' thread and ask this question - on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being most introverted, 10 being most extraverted, where are you and what kind of woman are you attracted to and why? I would rate myself as a 4 and I prefer women within +-2 points of myself.
 butch62
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2008 12:41:13 AM
OP; Most men who dont talk, have either been hurt before and struggle to open up, then we lose someone and then wonder WTF, why didnt i tell her about me...
or they have something to hide!

I think your man sounds like he is not being honest with you.. if he is skirting around issues he has something to hide..

Good luck
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Men who dont ask women any questions, but still like their company?