Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Whats the #1 reason that you bother dating at all?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sensitive P. Ness
Msg: 2
Whats the #1 reason that you bother dating at all?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Because there is more to life than just sex!

Sex can be paid for, but it's just not the same.

Sorry, I can't take the easy way out!
Whats the #1 reason that you bother dating at all?
Posted: 12/29/2008 9:32:52 AM
Its not just about the sexual component, as important as that might be. For me, its more about simple companionship, having someone to share conversation with over a meal, or to tell them about something funny that happened to me that day. Yes, I guess that more describes a relationship, and in that regard, the dating is just a means to an end. Like the lady above said, its about finding that last first date!
 saggy ass and saggy tits
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/29/2008 9:39:35 AM
i dont bother dating
 cfb62
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2008 10:58:50 AM
SEX
 OutMind
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/29/2008 11:04:14 AM

SEX

Finally, a woman willing to speak the truth. Hehehehe.
 4408joseph
Msg: 32
view profile
History
 Vannili
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2009 11:23:39 AM
The #1 reason I am dating is to find a person who I can grow old with love bonding and "till death do us part". Talking about sexual compatibility ? I think most people are more intelligent than the animals that can satisfy their self thru mating.. You can answer it your self if dumping her is normal because you are not compatible sexually. I don't think most people would want to be involve with someone that are not physically fit that infared their sexual libido.... But if you are only looking for sex on relationship, you are *shallow* not mentally stimulating and physically tiring.
 Vannili
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2009 2:09:06 PM
dreamcatcher39----your answer is the best !!!!!
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/13/2009 4:16:19 PM
The number one reason for me is to find my best friend and lover, I can't have one without the other.

If we are not sexually compatible it's a deal-breaker for me, just as much as if the sex was great, but there was no intellectual or emotional connection.

For me, it all starts with friendship mixed with desire, those are the building blocks.
 Miss W
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/14/2009 12:36:14 PM
every so often, I stick my toe back in because I still have hope in mankind (literally).
 luv2lol
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2009 1:51:32 PM

Cuz sometimes the batteries go dead lol

ROFLMAO...ain't that the truth
 aSydneyMale
Msg: 51
Posted: 1/14/2009 2:26:11 PM

It always amazes me when people say sex isn't that big a deal in the relationship - that all the rest of it is so much MORE important. That's BS to me. If we aren't compatible in other areas, well, we end it, right? Why then are we supposed to suck it up and settle for a yawnfest in the bedroom? That makes no sense to me.

"Hey our sex life sucks, but my god, can we discuss politics like it's nobody's business! And we both love antiques - fortunately we have a horrible sex life so our gorgeous antique bed never squeaks. It's wonderful we're so compatible in all other areas!"

That's just too absurd to me. Sex is just as important as anything else in a relationship!

Totally agree with this thought.

All the other things in a relationship DO NOT make up for a crappy sex life. Sex is supposed to be the the expression of the love, desire and affection a couple feel for each other, and when that's missing the relationship becomes something to be endured rather than enjoyed.
 Rockabillyguy
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/14/2009 7:27:22 PM
Call me old fashioned, but the only reason I date is in hopes of not having to any more. It's pretty simple.
 stephaniezowie
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2009 11:18:47 PM
Nobody can stay alone all the time. I date and hope for the best. If no sparks at least a new friend.
Sex is not the main thing. You can find a happy medium if you really care. Then again I believe good sex keeps you happier.
 Wombat59
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2009 7:18:40 AM
companionship ....... hugs ............. more hugs lol
 Rosemary24
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2009 10:03:17 AM
Gets me closer to my end goal, which is getting into a satisfying long term relationship with a man that I love and respect.

Must admit honestly, dating has not been very fulfilling for for me.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Whats the #1 reason that you bother dating at all?