Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AddictedtoGolf
Msg: 1
Why do women?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
when listing their "perfect date" mention taking a walk on the beach, when their location is no where near one? Isn't that an automatic setup for failure, or is the expectation one of the man swooping them away on his private Leer to Kokomo?

Always struck me as odd.....
 HumorMe*
Msg: 2
Why do women?
Posted: 12/29/2008 12:23:23 AM
that's exactly it. they want to want to be jetted away.

it probably should be listed, "things to do, later on .."
 1000casts
Msg: 3
Why do women?
Posted: 12/29/2008 12:38:35 AM
It's simply a shortcut used to express the desire for romance and intimacy.
Then again I live in Phoenix...it's just one great big beach...and a helluva long walk to the ocean. I love that joke.
 Aurora772
Msg: 4
Why do women?
Posted: 12/29/2008 3:57:33 AM
OP, I've always taken that to mean, "Hi, I'm completely unoriginal and I got my ideas of romance from a soap opera."
 oldsoul
Msg: 5
Why do women?
Posted: 12/29/2008 4:25:11 AM
While it is unoriginal and not something I would say, I wonder why so many people assume that anyone who doesn't live by an ocean doesn't have beaches nearby?

I mean seriously...where I live, we're surrounded by a multitude of beautiful lakes (and rivers). We have nice beaches right here in the city, about a 40 minute walk (or 5 minute drive) from where I live.

And given the fact that I have a camping trailer parked on a seasonal site on one of those lakes and that I spend my summers there, it wouldn't be a lie to say that I love walking on the beach, even though I'm thousands of miles from an ocean.

Lakes and rivers (not just oceans) have beaches too.

Just sayin':)

JMO

big22blue
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Why do women?
Posted: 12/29/2008 4:25:24 AM
Lear Jet and beach. welcome to the world of James Bond
 ~SparklingRose~
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Why do women?
Posted: 12/29/2008 4:30:40 AM
Aurora77... lol... I can see where you could see it that way, but seeing that you're in Jacksonville... it's not that unrealistic.

Back when I was living in Fla (Ocala), I loved walking on the beach even though it was an hour away. BUT, it had to be later evening close to sunset when it was cooler, and preferably off-season - sunsets can be truly awesome there. I hated the no see-ums, and sand fleas that were always there during the day, and packed beach fronts during in-season, spring break partiers, nevermind bike week in Daytona. Flagler was more my speed, as well as St. Augustine.

And, the various springs!.... *** sigh*** ... lovely.
 magicshark82
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Why do women?
Posted: 12/29/2008 6:24:11 AM
Here in Central Ohio,

I consider that to mean a walk on "Olentangy Beach" (a local river). This time of year, that means parka's and ice skates, but hey, if that's what she wants....

-Scott
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 9
Why do women?
Posted: 12/29/2008 6:26:49 AM
I'm in Iowa. Land locked.
I have nearly 30+ miles of really nice beach 5 miles from my home, which I LOVE to walk on.

There are beaches everywhere.
Your view of life is limited. You only see the obvious.

That's sad.
 Spoken For
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Why do women?
Posted: 12/29/2008 6:28:11 AM
haha, I saw that on a profile of a guy in Atlanta, under "first date!" I just don't think it's practical to have your first date on a beach, when you are 6 hours from a beach, in any direction!
 carolann0308
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Why do women?
Posted: 12/29/2008 6:41:02 AM
Maybe the last time they walked on a beach they thought it would have been perfect to be holding the hand of a man that cared about them?
 catkin2007
Msg: 12
Why do women?
Posted: 12/29/2008 6:53:51 AM
How about that is something they really love to do? Doesn't mean it has to happen all the time...

And yes, I do love walking or sitting on the beach. I grew up in Hawaii, have always loved the islands... and will always enjoy walking or sitting on the beach...
 AddictedtoGolf
Msg: 13
Why do women?
Posted: 12/29/2008 8:35:10 PM
agreed, who wouldn't want to take a walk on the beach holding the hand of those they love, barefoot.

BUT THE BOX SAYS: FIRST DATE!
 english lass
Msg: 14
Why do women?
Posted: 12/29/2008 8:50:26 PM
because it says "perfect date" and perfection only lives in fantasy, so why wouldn't our "perfect date" be a fantasy one?

see, it makes 'perfectly' convoluted sense

:)
 Integra1
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Why do women?
Posted: 12/29/2008 9:06:55 PM
Clearly this expression of what constitutes a "perfect date" is intended to separate the "have private lear jet" from the "have not private lear jet" population. It's a brilliant strategy. I take it that you are in the "have not private lear jet" group.
 The rock man
Msg: 16
Why do women?
Posted: 12/29/2008 9:27:48 PM

when listing their "perfect date" mention taking a walk on the beach,

So maybe that's what they are thinking when they fill it out! "perfect date"

BUT THE BOX SAYS: FIRST DATE!

Stop yelling! You asked the question referring to it as their "perfect date".

Always struck me as odd.....

No odd is people that have such a problem with others doing what ever they please in their own profiles and start threads asking why " people do things that bother others sooo much!
 Mizz Demeanor
Msg: 17
Why do women?
Posted: 12/29/2008 9:44:11 PM
The last POF date that I went for a walk on the beach with was all
jittery because there was sand getting in his shoes....

That should have been my first clue....

Maybe the ladies/gents that have that in their profiles are hoping to
connect with a like-minded partner, and they can dream of doing it together.

"Oh that a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what are the heavens for?"

~mizz
 Helen1967
Msg: 18
Why do women?
Posted: 12/29/2008 11:00:38 PM
A lot of men list this, too. I think it's a romantic image we have from movies more than anything. Myself, I do love the beach, but anytime I've gotten a date to take a walk on the one near where I live (and I do mean near - it's about a fifteen-minute walk or a two-minute drive away), well, reviews have been mixed, at best. I think there was one, out of three or four, who really liked it. All had indicated previously that they did like "walking on the beach" with a date.

So my guess is, it's just an iconic piece of imagery that we've all absorbed, often regardless of actual preference, never mind possibility. You know, sort of like cowboy boots. No one thinks of John Wayne getting bunions, but he probably did...
 Minau
Msg: 19
Why do women?
Posted: 12/29/2008 11:47:53 PM
Hmmm...where there's a will there's a way...which will impress her even more if you can pull it off...when I was visiting my infatuation of 15+ years...he knew I like the water...his town wasn't exactly surrounded by it...which I was sort of complaining about...lol...but he found a dock to take me to...go figure...I was really impressed :)
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 20
Why do women?
Posted: 12/30/2008 12:03:43 AM
...*quickly checks profile to make sure there is no mention of beaches in profile*

...But seriously, I love walking along the beach.... While I was visiting Alabama last year I was invited for a walk around the lake....we sat on the pier and watched the sun set...listened to the sound of the water lapping against the shore....it was very romantic.

....maeflowers
 ~SparklingRose~
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Why do women?
Posted: 12/30/2008 12:47:00 AM
Mikesignify30:

It's a generic profile (by choice).. which is a sign of laziness and also a sign of things to come when you conversate with someone who has such a profile.. you will then see how limited the conversation really is.

Such as this example of 'type' of profile:

I just want sex. thats it. friendship is a 'maybe' but not guarenteed and it would depend on the personality ..and would happen 'after' the sex. I'd have to know you first before friendship of course. lol

Avoid people with those " 'maybe' a friend 'after' the sex " profiles... unless you are limited like them.

Duly noted...

ImJ9
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Why do women?
Posted: 12/30/2008 2:39:20 AM
Men in my area list it as a first date too. We're 2 hours from the beach here.
 Helen1967
Msg: 23
Why do women?
Posted: 12/30/2008 3:00:09 AM

Men in my area list it as a first date too. We're 2 hours from the beach here.

You are very pretty. Maybe they just want to take you away.
 goodglosguy
Msg: 24
Why do women?
Posted: 12/30/2008 9:20:59 AM
OP, try signing up on this site as a blonde woman and a special wizard will pop up to help you with your profile!

It looks a bit this:

X Are you bubberley?
X Are you shy at first until you get to know someone?
X Do you like nights in with a bottle of red and a DVD?

Interests section:

X Lots
X Just ask
X the usual
X Walks on beaches

Bitterness section:

X No playas
X No liers

All the boxes are ticked by default

blonde chickie
Msg: 25
Why do women?
Posted: 12/30/2008 11:46:41 AM
I 4hrs away from the beach. I only get to the beach in the summer and not for holding hands soap opera stuff
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why do women?