Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Captain Beefheart's Clear Spot      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chishandfips
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Captain Beefheart's Clear SpotPage 1 of 1    
I knew a couple of guys in high school who were serious Mothers of Invention and Captain Beefheart fans. I got turned on to Trout Mask Replica and used to have Mirror Man in my collection....weirdness. I have the song Clear Spot on my MP3 player, more accessible and a pretty good tune.
 MaidenFella
Msg: 3
Captain Beefheart's Clear Spot
Posted: 2/1/2009 7:14:51 AM
Seeing as how I love Zappa I'll have to check the Captain out. Seems like this disc is as good as any to start with.
 good guitar player
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2009 9:07:23 AM
blues today might be better if more guys listened to the magic band then cloned SRV
 spring63
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/12/2009 5:36:56 PM
One of his most accessible albums. I really like this one in particular because it is more approachable than some of his others. You can like this one "off the shelf" without having to put on your serious music hat.
 phishkev
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2009 11:59:28 AM
Fast an' bulbous...also, a tin teardrop...bulbous also tapered! Ha!! Ella Guru! Gimme that old time religion...old fart at play...veteran's day poppy...long live the Cap'n...Frank Z's estate (also known as his kids and wife) have recordings Frank kept hostage from Don-let THEM know they should be released...
 down/colorful/hill
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/28/2009 9:32:41 AM
If you liked Clear Spot try out Safe as Milk! Another great release that's more subdued than his most critically polarizing Trout Mask Replica.
 phishkev
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2009 2:10:28 PM
Get the Legendary A&M sessions cd-it's short, but packs a wallop! For the die hards, the mini box set is the way to go-TONS of rare stuff on it!!
 Principessa957
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/3/2009 7:11:16 PM
I think Spotlight Kid is way more accessible than Clear Spot but I still like Troutmask Replica best.
 MichaelRayHoliday
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/5/2009 10:48:25 PM
Wow, I'm definitely among a rare brunch here, and I luv it. The last two songs, I think it was, on Troutmask Replica, you can sure tell Frankie baby had some input on those, especially the melody on the second to the last song. And then on the last song, I'm still scratchin' my head on wether or not Frank worked some of his special production magic on that or was it straight off tha' grill?????
 2findU
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2011 1:52:04 PM
I like his "Willie The Pimp" on Zappa's Hot Rats album.
 2findU
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2011 3:11:21 PM
I forgot to mention in my previous post. I got see Captain Beefheart live once. I saw Frank Zappa in Dec. '74 at the Capital Theater in Passaic, NJ. Zappa had Captain Beefheart with him at that concert. That was around the time when the "One Size Fits All" album came out.
 Johnnybass
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/9/2011 8:24:17 PM
Trout mask all the way for me mirror man is my all time fave beefheart go and get the biography its well worth the reed most of his albums were recorded in feilds most underated artist of all time
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Captain Beefheart's Clear Spot