Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > 2 New Messages?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lyingcheat
Msg: 2
 Ticketoride
Msg: 3
2 New Messages?
Posted: 1/6/2009 12:50:22 AM
I cannot get rid of this "2 new messages" message at the top of the navigation.

• Delete your Cookies and Temporary Internet Files

• Update your Firefox Browser.

• Related Links:Mail Settings: E-Mail Notifications
     Ticketoride
    Msg: 5
    2 New Messages?
    Posted: 1/13/2009 5:11:59 PM
    My profile is hidden so it is very strange for me to be receiving any messages at all.

You can still be e-mailed by Users who have 'bookmarked' your Profile Page with a hidden Profile.

Related Links:Profiles: Being Invisible/Hidden
     Ticketoride
    Msg: 7
    2 New Messages?
    Posted: 1/14/2009 10:51:22 AM
    I just read in the other thread that someone had an "unread" in their Sent box, and they deleted it and that fixed the problem!

Having to delete E-Mails in order to remove Forum Page Notifications is not a bona-fide Solution, but something the Admin has been/will be
    looking into. Furthermore, Change of Password and Application of the Steps in the E-Mail Notifications have resolved the Bulk of these Issues so far, with only but a Handful suceeding by deleting their Sent Msg/Outbox Messages.
    Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > 2 New Messages?