Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Does Love have a sell by date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MalaSam
Msg: 1
Does Love have a sell by date?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Im wondering if, as we get older do we loose the ability to fall in love? Im not talking about being in love when your of an older age, I'm asking bout falling in love? Do you think that the feeling of falling for someone decreases the older we get?
 caramelspice
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Does Love have a sell by date?
Posted: 1/6/2009 2:13:32 AM
Malsam
the ability to fall in love is a choice we personally make ,people choose to live with or without that spark an resign to a loveless life ,love is suppose to mature with age and grow stronger ,i was on holiday in portugal last year and i saw this old couple on the tiles and they were having a blast i spoke to them wanting to know their secret for all that energy ,love an more love is what they told me these guys were in their 60's and behaving like 20's
It all stems back to personal choice you can sit an do nothing or revive the spark an have a blast
 Write Time
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2009 2:24:10 AM
I don't think we lose the ability; we just gain more filters.

I'm hoping that means when it finally happens, it's all the more special. But this is just a working theory right now -- I've not proven it!
 MalaSam
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/6/2009 2:37:48 AM

love is suppose to mature with age and grow stronger

CaramelSpice, Im not questioning an existing love, Im questioning falling in love.

The spark is excatly what Im talking about.......... is that spark harder to find the older we get?
 caramelspice
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2009 2:46:07 AM
i guess the comfort level and willingness of both parties to light that flame would be the question ,if they are bam we have fire ,alot of people think that with age a certain behaviour is required a certain decorum so the attitude of falling in love gets watered down
and with that in mind there is no flame .
So the solution in my opinion is to forget the norm and remember age is nothing but a number so stop acting your age and get the sparks rolling
 MalaSam
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/6/2009 3:05:30 AM
You say that like getiing a spark with someone is like just deciding to have one.
 caramelspice
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2009 3:21:14 AM
u either feel a connection or choose to let one develop
 MalaSam
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/6/2009 3:35:38 AM

u either feel a connection or choose to let one develop

I dont agree, you either feel a connection or you dont.

Deciding to let one develop means your willing to settle, not that there is anything wrong with settling, most people do. Alot of 'relationships' work because each partner seeks things like, companionship or security, if their is no inital spark but you decide to give it a go..............it will only work if the prospect partner ticks off enough boxes in your mental list.

I think the older we get the more important it is to meet needs as opposed to feeling that spark.
 caramelspice
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2009 3:59:40 AM
true letting things develop does mean you are willing to settle but sometimes the initial environment isn't conducive to a spark but after a few dates you can pretty much gauge whether things are working or not ,meeting the needs can lead to causing a spark and then it boils down to your point of ticking the boxes similar values and goals at a certain stage of life will group certain individuals together .
so do we settle for comfort or continue the endless search for the proverbial perfect match ?
 MalaSam
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/6/2009 4:53:44 AM

so do we settle for comfort or continue the endless search for the proverbial perfect match

Personally I would rather continue searching, than settle.

Anyway back to my original question, can you be too old to fall in love? Do our human bodies get to a point that it cannot fall in love anymore? Like a sort of love menopause?
 caramelspice
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2009 6:08:30 AM
i dont think so bodies mite fail but the the biggest sex organ still functions perfectly (the brain)
 MalaSam
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/6/2009 6:17:34 AM
Well thats a really good point.
 MalaSam
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/6/2009 9:27:49 AM
Well thats a very interesting and thought out answer, thank you very much
 Total nut job
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/10/2009 3:24:19 PM
I think the animal instinct in us doesn't change our human traits and natural desires. It's just human nature, we'll always be able to fall in love not matter what age we are. There's human need and desire to be with someone and to be in that "perfect" world. Just like the natural world, all species have male and female and they always get it together.
 MalaSam
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/13/2009 3:22:39 AM

Whats the age when people stop looking out for that 'perfect' person to waltz into their life and start looking out for the best 'suited' of the avialable remaining people?

When all their friends start to geet married and they start to panic
 ShinyFallingStarr
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/14/2009 5:13:46 AM
I think as people get older they get more cynical cos of their experiences in love and this sort of 'switches off' their ability to love more freely... but the right person can come along and 'flick the switch' and turn the ability to learn to fall in love again...

Lol Malasam maybe everyone settling down makes them search for love but it doesnt nessecarily let them FEEL falling in love... ooops different question there lol
 Box_Turtle
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/14/2009 7:11:57 PM
That's like does God have a sell by date? Like God Love is timeless. I endures time, space, life, death. It never ends. It might change as our bodies get older but it never dies. If you can find the person that you can love forever and not settle for sex or the other trapings of life then you will be blessed with a true enduring love. I think people that can endure the challenges of life and still be committed to one another and have a happy life together are the true definition of love. You might end up kissing a lot of frogs before the toad hops by. Maybe it is your prince/princess.
 bam j
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/14/2009 7:17:02 PM
foresure love has a sell by date ... and sam you smelin really cheezzzzee !!!

your due a recall !!! ha ha !!
 MalaSam
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/15/2009 1:30:33 AM
I dont know how to take that?
 MalaSam
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/15/2009 3:18:04 AM
I shall get that tatooed on my bottom
 Box_Turtle
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/15/2009 9:39:42 PM
as long as it doesn't say Caution! Wide Load! Or does my ass make these pants look small? Or Exit Only! Or Beware Of log jams.
 MalaSam
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/16/2009 1:26:08 AM
Less of the ass talk chaps!
 Box_Turtle
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/16/2009 10:05:08 AM
I was talking about a tattoo. Or is that tattoo's not to get. Enjoy your body it's the only one your going to get . You don't really need tattoos. I have enough scars to remind me of things that happend. Also my brain is tattooed with memories. Besides i havn't seen your bum to know its shape. And i thought you were a comic. extend that comic veiw to your fingers. We still love you just the way you are .
 MalaSam
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/16/2009 11:02:02 AM
Perform for me little funny ginger girl perform

Eh..............................nope
 Box_Turtle
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/16/2009 11:42:04 PM
Maybe someday. But not likely.
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Does Love have a sell by date?