Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > North Florida Activity Group Meet-n-Greet January 31st      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 1
North Florida Activity Group Meet-n-Greet January 31stPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Hmmm... somehow my first thread got deleted. I would like to see if anyone is interested in meeting on January 31st, at the "Southern Comfort" in Woodville. This place has lots of room and people can eat if they want to.. drink.. dance.. just whatever floats their boat.

I would say meet around 7:00 pm. I'll bring some name tags for people to wear. The reason for this location is it is between Tallahassee and Crawfordville so hopefully we'll get a better turn out. This group will hopefully turn into something where we as active adults can find some fun things to do (camping, kayaking, beach, outdoor get togethers) in the future together.

Feel free to let your single friends know about it so they can join in. If you have any questions just email me. Hopefully this one will not get deleted and we can move forward with it.
Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

BonnieBear78

buzzin302

chotto

Damon8

daypay

dene43

dmacdon141

dnarramore

eperrywinkle

firebird54

gulfroadking

lambykins

loyal-lane

Mesnafugal

MrMudd

rangerwill175

rnjenblu

scarlett493

seeksher

skywalker850

smittens1

tally41

verbena531

whynot370

WRRVPJF333

25 people are attending
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 2
North Florida Activity Group Meet-n-Greet
Posted: 1/7/2009 8:56:15 AM
Hey... lets start some chatting and getting to know each other....
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/7/2009 11:31:10 PM
Ok.. before hand I will make sure to email everyone, if you can email me my regular address and I'll send out a bulk email!!!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/8/2009 10:24:55 AM
So far it seems I'm getting alot of interst!!! I'm getting excited. I've talked to some of my local offline friends too who are interested in coming. It seems there are many locals who enjoy the same outdoor activities so hopefully we'll get some good "outtings" planned. I had a comment from a "single dad" that made me think of having some "family" outings if things work out. I know there are alot of single people with kids and to get together with others who have that would be good for everyone involved. This could be what we've all been looking for. Let's get up as much interest as we can people!!!

Considering I only posted this on the 6th and we have 10+ (I know of others) attending I think this is a great start.

Glad to see you Ms. Scarlett, have you found me a couch yet??
 lambykins
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2009 2:32:15 PM
Ok - I have officially signed up for this. Which is probably a good idea since I am co-hosting this with Debbie.

I am glad that we have gotten some good interest going. I am looking forward to meeting those that I have not already had a chance to meet.

Everyone be thinking of some other idea of things to do and places to meet in the upcoming future. We are already thinking of activities for the summer but everyone does not want to wait til then to get together again.....do they??

Food Drinks and lots of Fun
 buzzin302
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2009 3:06:36 PM
Hey Mesnafugal,..good job, about time someone gets someting going in our neck of the woods,..really kewl, looking forward to it, hope to see many POF friends there.
 Damon8
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/8/2009 6:14:20 PM
I'm bringing my cousin who is a pretty girl about 39 and really sweet. Hopefully we won't hook up with each other! (a little Wakulla Co. joke)
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/8/2009 10:21:46 PM
This is GREAT... except however the "gators winning tonight".....

Ok folks, seems like we're not the only people looking for this to happen, like I said.. spread the word by all means!!! Let's get more and more folks interested in attending and involved in future outings.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/8/2009 11:09:07 PM
ALRIGHT... let me say something right now....

I have been the ONLY person who took the time to get something going in this area. I talked to Lambykins and we both decided on a mutual place that was between TALLAHASSEE and CRAWFORDVILLE. This is only the first meeting, we will do things in Tallahassee too, but it will be nice if some of us who live here in the sticks can ride together etc. I happen to live in Sopchoppy, I'm sorry if some people think "Woodville" is not good enough for them. Do you not consider that some people have to drive over an hour to get to places in Tallahassee???? This is not just a group to go out drinking and partying. I'm starting this so people can meet and plan some activities.. THAT is what this is, for people who want to do things with other like minded people.

Please, do not criticize others for trying to do something good. Do not try and take over because YOU don't like the meeting place. Sorry, but I'm tired.. I worked all night and certainly did not expect to get home and read a couple of emails telling me how alot of people from Tallahassee would not even consider coming to Woodville for a meet-n-greet... whatever... This is why it took me so long to even consider it.

I have had alot of very positive responses and input. So far almost everyone who has contacted me (23 emails when I got home) is very excited about the event. They don't care where it is as long as we can just get it started. I'm very sorry if some people do not appreciate the effort others put into things. OK.. enough of my rant.. I'm going to bed now.

lambykins
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2009 2:12:15 AM
I agree with saandmaan (by the way...welcome), do not stress about the ones who like to criticize. This is a planned event. Everyone is welcome but those who unfortunately are not happy with the place and time do not have to attend. We tried to make it centrally located for people around the are.

For everyone who has already signed up.....great!! I am excited to meet you all. Keep the interest going.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/9/2009 5:35:05 AM
Goooooooooooooooood Morning... I realize this happens but it just bothered me last night, ok ok ok.. I was in a pissy mood about the football game, That was an awsome game however. Both teams played their hearts out. Alright lambykins this is going to be a good time, I've also had some people contact me about once we get some of our outdoor "activities" going on they will travel from other cities/towns to come do them with us.

I"m hoping that once we all get to know each other that when there are concerts and good bands in Tallahassee we can car pool with each other. I'm always contacted about certain bands that play places but never want to make the trek on my own therefore end up staying in Sopchoppy with all the critters.

I'm curious to know what some of you enjoy doing. I read most everyone's profile and that is one reason I personally contact some that I notice don't do the forums. Me and Lambykins are both avid campers and fishing gals. There are quite a few folks who are into kayaking/canoing. These are the things that once the weather is nice we can make plans to do. I'm also involved with friends from other places who meet different spots for weekend getaways. We can meet "others" too. Ok.. gotta have java now.
 eperrywinkle
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/9/2009 5:36:32 AM
im going to try to come and bring a few friends. looking forward to meeting everyone!

emily
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/9/2009 6:34:39 AM
HI YA Emily... oh yes by all means.. bring all the friends you can fit into your car (or truck) start a convoy.... they can ride bikes.... just get them here. I've been reading some of the profiles and we have some really FUN people interested in this. For the women who've signed up. You will have to email me on my home email because you have females blocked. I saw one on here who wants to go "fishing" That is not a problem .. I have 3 boats in my yard now and know plenty of GOOD men who like to fish too.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/10/2009 9:14:23 AM
Getting you people to talk about yourselves is like pulling teeth... I do have some more people talking to me about this and are glad something has finally been started up here.

The common interests so far from the profiles are outdoorsy type stuff, which is exactly what I was hoping for. I talked to the lady who owns "Southern Comfort" where we will be meeting and she was very happy to have us. The place is huge and there are 3 different sections AND... they have Karaoke on Saturday nights so I hope there will be some people in this group who enjoy doing that because I sure like watching and hearing "others" do it.. yes I have a voice but I can assure you nobody wants to hear it!!!

I'm curious, how many people here actually camp? Do you have a tent, camper or a vehicle you sleep in?? Most everyone likes to fish, what kind of fishing do you like and how often do you go?
 verbena531
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2009 7:15:06 PM
I'm the senior lady snowbird in Crawfordville with 3 little dogs. I'm down here from MA I have a Sportsmobile Ford Van that pops up to a penthouse and am very comfortable in it. I live in a double wide not far from the geological site in Wakulla. Perhaps we could plan a walk there sometime. I'm not a big camper as far as 'roughing it' goes, but I do enjoy getting away for a couple of days with my yogurt, fruit, nuts and granola bars. Of course, I enjoy a local restaurant as a treat. I'm an avid bicyclist. Although I have a bike here that needs repair so I'd have to have it spruced up. I enjoy singing karaoke and hope I can meet someone to do a duet with....LOL. Really looking forward to this.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/11/2009 12:57:40 AM
Verbena, you sound like alot of fun.. I'm glad you have invited people from other sites that you are on, this will end up being so much fun and you sing too... even better... I'll be there.. drink in hand.. cheering the singers on!!! That's my job, moral support... I'll throw money if I need to. Can I pick some songs?
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 17
North Florida Activity Group Meet-n-Greet January 31st
Posted: 1/11/2009 10:37:50 AM
Paula, do you know how much money people think I spend paying my friends to make such wonderful comments about me??? It's a wonder I have any money at all!!! But thank you so much, now that my head is so big I'll have to sit here at the computer til it deflates some...

Yes, this is one of my very BEST friends and I have met her through POF events which I have hosted. Some of these wonderful friends actually come up for holidays... get togethers... long weekends and any chance they can get to come up here and have me cook for them!! LOL.. just joshing... they have an open invitation anytime they want to come up here even if I'm not here, and they know it. But please.. NO TEQUILA!!!

Paula/Leah is with the group I've actually planned this new group around. They do things constantly, ride horses, kayak, camp, costume parties and other stuff. It's refreshing to hear some of the events they participate in. So for those of you who are a little skiddish of getting out by yourself and meeting new people.. I can tell you some wonderful friends I have because they did it!!!
 lambykins
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2009 10:48:33 AM
Hi Everyone!

So far we have 30 plus people attending. It looks like we awe going to have a great evening. I am really excited about the participation and hope that my activities will follow. If you have any ideas of things that you would like to do please let us know. Everyone could be discussing the suggestions.

As always you can email both Debbie or myself with any questions or suggestions.

I look forward to meeting all of you and everyone making some very good friends (maybe something more) :-)

Later
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/11/2009 1:19:06 PM
Not a problem, we all have enough camping gear you will probably only need your sleeping bag. alot of time people have big enough tents they have room for others or alot of my friends even have EXTRA tents they'll bring for people to use.

Ok.. I won't sing if you don't sing. You can call Southern Comfort at 421-0100 if you have any questions for them. I guess they are also spreading the world we'll be there!! Some people on here are sending emails to other groups they are members of and getting some response. Seems like more and more are thinking this is not such a bad idea.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/11/2009 6:49:56 PM
Hello Arlene, I'm so glad you are joining us.. maybe we can find some folks up your way to carpool with you. Do you do the beekeeping??? I'm so interested in doing my own bee hives, heck... I already have my own BEAR that comes through the property!!! I think I tried to email you but you only accept mail from men folks, if you change that we can discuss the bees too.

Thank you so much for coming on and introducing yourself. Do you camp?
 scarlett493
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/11/2009 6:51:37 PM
No dear, haven't found you a couch yet, but I'm still looking! After all, tomorrow is another day!

Scarlett
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/11/2009 10:41:35 PM
Well.. .I found one at the Childrens Lighthouse, across from the main post office, it's yellow floral.. nice couch but I would want to reupholster it... hint hint...
 tallyman31
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/12/2009 4:12:22 PM
Darn well i would like to go but i have other plans to keep me from going but i would say iam going to miss a good greet well maybe i can do something in the future i think a good camping and fishing tripp would be nice i also have a boat kinda old but it floats he he and i have camping gear. I think this is a good thing we need this up here . Just keep me inform and i hope yall will have pleanty of fun on the 31st.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/14/2009 5:06:04 AM
I'll be doing a mass mail out to all the participants before the event with directions, time and any "specials" they might have for us. We're still getting alot of feed back but need some of you guys to cut and paste the email I sent out to other women, sense I'm unable to send mail to them because of the mail restrictions.
 Loyal-lane
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/14/2009 5:09:26 PM
I would like to attend this get-togather.Looking foward to it
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > North Florida Activity Group Meet-n-Greet January 31st