Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > If men had the same opportunities as women, how many sexual partners      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nexthyme
Msg: 8
view profile
History
If men had the same opportunities as women, how many sexual partners on average would they have?Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
So what is your complaint, that men can't get laid when ever they want, but women can???

Or some guys can get lucky with 5 women, but other men can't get lucky, because the lucky guy is getting all the women???

Men have a MAJOR problem if a woman is out behaving like a man, and just having sex with random people... I have met WAY TO MANY MEN, that had an attitude about the NUMBER of men a woman had sex with, thus women get smart, and have less partners, but the guy knows he's lucky to be getting sex, so he is ok to be getting it, especially if there are no strings attached.

On the flip side, women CAN, and HAVE to be choosier because of the risk of pregnancy, that is law of producing strong off spring, thus perhaps SOME men are having less sex because they don't make good baby making material... Sorry but this is hard wired in the genetics.

Either way, why is it of issue whether women have more sex partners then men??? This is obviously a new trend, because it used to be women were expected to stay PURE, however men didn't have to...
 catkin2007
Msg: 15
If men had the same opportunities as women, how many sexual partners on average would they have?
Posted: 1/7/2009 9:13:39 AM
Of course I am not a math major, but it seems pretty plain and simple to me.

Woman getting laid... equals a man getting laid... (except for same sex relations)

Seems pretty equal to me...
 deerdog1
Msg: 17
If men had the same opportunities as women, how many sexual partners on average would they have?
Posted: 1/7/2009 11:18:26 AM
if a number of different women have sex with a number of different men then ..a number of different men are getting laid ...what world do you guys live in ...I have never had any problem getting laid ... any guy with personality can get laid any given day ...I have gone to a bar many times and picked up a girl and had sex on the ten o'clock call and been back for another by the two o'clock call ...so to answer the OPs question ..if a guy could get sex as easy as a woman how many sex partners would he have?? well i guess about as many as I had when I was younger ...I have no idea ..I lost count ...something Im not proud of now ...thats why I dont get guys using women who are looking for a relationship for sex ...If a guy cant get laid anytime he wants he is either a dork ,a jerk, or a retard ...no wait I know plenty of dorks and jerks and even some retards that are shagging their little balls off .... no it just comes down to one of two things ...either they have no personality or are trying to score out of their league
 deerdog1
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/7/2009 11:36:53 AM

Or has been as mature all his life, as you profess to be now.

well if he is as mature as i feel I am now then he is not worried about getting laid ..Is he ??/

maturity comes from screwing up your life really good ...wisdom comes from making lots of bad mistakes ...humility comes from running your life in the ground and climbing out of the sewer...compassion comes from knowing you have screwed over every thing and everyone who you cared for or cared for you .... self worth comes from knowing what it is to be worth nothing ..I have been on top of the world ..I have fell and landed in the sewer ... I have wallowed in the sewer till the sewer rats would not associate with me ...I have scratched and clawed my way back to self respect and now I am content to just be Me

peace My Friend ...
 nexthyme
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2009 11:51:38 AM

My issue is women lying about it. Why is it every adult female I know has been with 4-7 men in their lives?

That's your issue... My question is, WHY is it your business... Really I mean what does it really matter if she has been with 4, 7, or 247. As long as she has a clean test, and no crotch cootties from the past... Who cares what the number is...

As I said. men have this MAJOR issue of numbers, but when the question comes back around, I meet a heck of a lot that can only say wellll ummmm uhhhhh around, eerrrrrr over at least 50 to 75... I do know a couple virgins though, which of course hands down feel the worst about their situation...

I don't give out numbers... It isn't anyones business... I have nothing to hide, nor am I ashamed of anything, I am just not out to kiss and tell, and my SO, has never asked me... Makes us work out just fine...
 deerdog1
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/7/2009 11:56:09 AM
If the roles had been reversed and I could have attracted women just by being there, I would have found one I liked and kept with her. One is all I wanted, all I needed. I am defective when it comes to the reproductive imperative to impregnate as many women as possible. I like to settle into a good thing and keep it going. Having more women to choose from would probably have made it more likely for me to find a keeper, and maybe it would have meant more to the woman I was with that I was with her, since I had so many other options and chose her over the rest.

be vary careful what you wish for ... you might just get it and ...very few people can handle it .... you want to impress the lady of your dreams by being desirable to others but when you get that you may loose yor dream and replace it with your new found popularity ... and then the road to destruction...and when there you wish you just had your dream back...I have squashed a thousand chances for happiness and left them in the road to worthlessness ...but once you have been there every thing on the road out of there is wonderful

It's called being raised right.

O i was raised right ... but then i saw something i thought i wanted ..popularity ... I prayed for it ... and I got it ...and i abused it and I forgot the reasons I wanted it ..and I abused it ....and then I lost everything but it .. and then I lost my soul ...but somewhere in the sewer i found my soul and then i scratched a little more and found my self respect ...and then I found the ability to handle popularity ...thats called humility
 grizzelda
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2009 12:09:36 PM
I always find these types of posts kind of silly. It is like asking if apples tasted like oranges would an orange taste like an apple? The main reason why men can and are more predisposed to being promiscuous is because they dont get pregnant, plain and simple. Because if you did, you would not be out dropping your drawers like you can now as the consequences are very great and have very long lasting ramifications. Any responsible woman, even on BC is aware that EVERY time they have sex there is a chance of pregnancy happening. Unless she had been surgically sterilized, there is always a chance however small it may be. And having sex with random strangers carries greater dangers for women from assault, disease and unfortunately still, social stigma that men do not have to deal with.

Ask your self, if everytime you had sex when you had the opportunity, you also had the opportunity to carry a baby for 9 months how often would you be taking that chance?
 nexthyme
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2009 5:34:57 PM
Some where a long the line you seem to think that any woman, can walk down the street, go to a club, where ever, and whisper in to some strangers ear, and say take me I am yours, and off they go.

It doesn't work that way, there actually are men that have morals, wives, or don't want to risk banging some ho that comes along give away putang.

In fact I would be willing to guess that very few women would even want to do that, simply because there are risks involved...

WTH is you fascination/obsession of getting laid by as many different women as possible???

YES I have met men that are such whores that as a married person had so many affairs that he doesn't know the number, yet he claimed to lament that his wife booted his skanky butt out, because she found out about ONE affair he had with a co worker.

Now he has had a GF for over a year and has cheated on her multiple times as well. He's hooked up with women off of THOSE sites that are looking for nothing more than a cheap hook up.

So, what is your quests, complaint, and why in the world do you think women want to behave in the way YOU think men are???

I am sure a pro would be able to top the numbers you describe, but really she gets paid for it, and it isn't for HER pleasure, just a little money usually for another quick fix.

I am sure you can get plenty of action if you are hot stud, and go on ONE OF THOSE SITES. The whore I knew is 49, fat and hairy, at less then 6 ft... So if he is getting extra beaver on the side, it doesn't take a guy with 6 pack abs to compete with women...

Maybe the point you fail to see is that a good portion of women aren't interested in number, but rather quality. If they can get the quality of man they are looking for, then it is all good, and they have no need to see if they can get more, just for ya ya's or a risk to their health...
 spark_au
Msg: 36
Posted: 1/7/2009 7:42:41 PM
What are you talking about "diamondgirl", you are extremely sexy and appealing. Why do you underestimate yourself, or you are making fun of US ?
 nexthyme
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2009 7:34:00 AM

Lol. I'd say this is not that far off from what would be the true average

For the guy who just wants to shag as many women as possible this MAY be the average... However I can't imagine how fulfilled this AVERAGE would feel having mindless sex with 2,100 women over 15 yrs.

It seems that you have the idea that just getting your rocks off is all that men are looking for, and that anything more than that, just doesn't cut it. I hate to burst your bubble of thinking, but yes, this may be true for a few, however there are others who just want one good woman, a family, and somebody that loves them, and wants to be happy with each other.

They don't need to go on a shag fest, nor do they need to see if they can phuck up their marriage chasing some other skirt.

Don't get me wrong, I am NOT naive that there are plenty of men who as yourself looking for the shagfest, but that doesn't mean they are happy with their life, or what is going on in it...

Each person is different, and no matter how good you think you are, unless it is all about getting yours, and forget that there was any pleasure in it for the woman ( I am getting a picture it is ONLY about you) it takes time to get to know what pleases your partner in a way that nobody else can do.

The sign of a real man is that he can make love to one woman in a 1000 different way, not having sex with 1000 women...
 catkin2007
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/8/2009 7:55:09 AM
OMGosh.... I can't believe that this is now reduced to a numbers thing.

Reality is... the numbers are higher for some and lower for some. If someone gives you a number of 4-7, especially women (and I agree not all women) that number is probably right. That would be my number range as I was with the same man for over 25 years. Why is that a bad thing? I think it should be rewarded because I showed I am loving and faithful to a partner.

Yes, I have had a few partners since my divorce but that doesn't mean I have sex with everyone I have dated since then and I'm sure that I won't for the rest of my life. But, if the attraction is there, I'm a mature adult, living a healthy mature life, and I will enjoy SEX if and when I feel like!

F### the OPs obsession with a woman's lower number of partners. My guess is he's upset because that number is higher than his!!!
 textodd11
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/8/2009 9:59:17 AM

I'm really getting tired of saying the same thing over and over.

It's obvious to me that this was meant to be a light-hearted and fun discussion but... dude, just ignore her. Go back and read her past posts, it is always his fault. She turns EVERY sexual discussion, no matter how trivial, into a man-bash. It's not worth it to respond.

For me, I don't know what the numbers would have been but it might have been fun journey. It would definitely be somewhat higher (probably in the 100's) although, like most women, I do have my standards and I don't think I could completely compromise them for the sake of sexual release. A little bit... maybe.
 nexthyme
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2009 4:38:48 PM

I'm guess I'm just having a little fun at men's expense (even though I'm one), because I know we (the vast majority of us anyway) are sluts (or whatever the male equivalent is called) at heart. Also I hate when men denigrate women for having a high number of partners, because if they had the same opportunity theirs would almost certainly be much higher.

I was having a little fun too, after all it was YOU saying that it is at the mens expense.

I believe women these days are a bit more sexually liberated then say when I was in my teens and early 20's... It was a really big deal if a woman was a slut, and dang if she had kids, even if it was with just two people she ever had sex with, she would get labeled a slut...

I am sure there are men that would LOVE to be able to get as much sex as they want from as many different women as possible... Mey, same thing women would probably LOVE to get sex from the hottest guys possible too... Thus they say no to those who don't strike them as the most hot...

Therefore unless you are willing to boink anything that doesn't have a penis, or never has, then YOU TOO can get sex as often as you like... HOWEVER that does seem like a crap shoot, all considering what may be left at the end of the nite...
 nexthyme
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2009 8:14:04 PM

Even though I came up with the 2,100 number, I'm currently in a quasi-celibate stage in my life. What about you?

Well to be honest it is feeling quasi celibate while in a relationship... Between his work, and me being in school, who has the time to think about sex???

Ebb and flow of life... I am not all bothered about it, and since he's the one more tired, I am not going to make a big issue about it... Sometimes the right person is worth sex down time...

BUT on the flip side, if you had the average of 2,100... I could see why you might want sex down time yourself... J/K
 deerdog1
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/10/2009 5:08:25 AM
20% of the men have sex with 80% of the women.

It's a statistic, so take from it what you will. It is still something to think about.

well if this is true and it probably is...and as has been said all men are sluts...or men want to have sex with almost every woman they meet .....then there has to be a reason why 20% of the guys are so successful

we all go through many stages in our life ... when I was very young even after I had became sexually active ... I thought sex was hard to get .. I thought you had to really work it up ...yess I had pu55y on a pedestal...thus I struck out way more than I scored

then I thought I was in love with a girl way out of my league socially ...I prayed to become popular so I would stand a chance with her ..I tried to get close to her in every way I could....and like the bvtch she was ...she publicly humiliated me ..and after I licked my wounds ..I got pissed and started treating women with a dont care arrogant attitude ....I forgot about wanting to be liked ...and guess what I became popular ...I had the same girls that previously I had prayed to talk to ..now coming to me ...well I had forgot what I had wanted so I used them and my popularity and started racking up the numbers ..sex and playing is all that I was concerned with ..I even ended up shaging the girl that had earlier had the crush on and prayed for ...and i dumped her ...cause now I was Mr studling

but I eventually fooled around and fell in love ...and was ready to give up all the playing and be a husband ...all went well for a few years and then I found out that my wife was playing her games ...thus divorce ...and back to my wild ways ..but it just wasnt the same ..i still had the ability to score women and get sex easily

but it wasnt what I wanted ..yes I still like sex ...but I want something more along with it ...it dont have to be love or forever but I have no desire to pick up a woman and shag her and dump her ..numbers mean nothing to me anymore ..if anything I wish my numbers whatever they are were much smaller .. I sometimes lament on the women in my past many of which i dont even remember ...not because they were a notch on my gun belt but I wonder what might have been ..if our souls had touched rather than just our sex organs ...even the ones who were considered sluts ...they all had things in their lives that led them down the paths they were taking at the time ...and like Me what they were doing then does not define what they turn out to be...every day is a new day and every morning we all wake up and decide which path to walk that day

I am no longer the dork who could not get laid like my friend could ...I am no longer the player stud who used and bragged about my many conquest ...now I know how to find women just for sex but choose not to .... I still like to touch women but with my soul before my penis
 nexthyme
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2009 4:30:51 PM
Median takes a LARGER populous, and in different geographic areas.

Your mate stated there are more women then there are men... My questions is this, how can women get laid more often then a man, when their are less to be laid???

Take this into many different countries, add religious expectations and aspects, as well as geography, IE mean not selecting San Fran as a place to select male sexual partners , and who knows what ever differences, and you have more of a worldly average.

By the way according to Shit, can't remember the study, world conscenses there are 52% more women then there are men in the world... How can women be getting more sex, if their is a 4% deficeit? Mens some guys get extremely luck, and others get shot down..

Does that men we then go to the evolutionary scale that women have a certain look that they want to bring into the world off spring with better genes????

POINT, there is a lot to calculate into this theory, age, geography, religious belief, and the average number of men being at 48% verse the 52% of women...
 Blondecharmthe3rd
Msg: 61
Posted: 1/10/2009 4:37:15 PM
First, from all the overweight women out there... we don't have as many problems as you think. I can pick and choose OP, and do just that!

I have had many partners, because I can, and because I truly enjoy sex and variety in that arena.

Men would most likely have more if more opportunity presented itself. But the fact remains for hetero people, women control the sexual contact in general terms.
 4408joseph
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2009 10:19:59 PM

But what if men had the same opportunities for sex as women?

What do you mean if

It's all about being open, straight foward, and frank.

I never had a problem getting sex from late teens to I got married. But then I am no where near shy.

It's all how you present the product, and the sales pitch you give.

For example, if a woman wanted to have sex, she could go to almost any busy bar/club and be pretty much guaranteed someone would go home with her if she really wanted to (at least provided she wasn't overly overweight).

Same with a guy...

Hit a known club, make sure you've met with friendly eye contact, and throw the pitch.

Mine always worked.. somewhere between number 1 and the dozenth.

Just like when I do door-to-door sales in MY business when need be. Some will shut the door. others will want more details before deciding, and some will say sure

scorpiomover
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2010 4:09:54 PM

Men, on the other hand, have to work hard to get new sexual partners, except perhaps if they're famous. So generally they have much fewer opportunities for increasing their numbers of sexual partners.
You've answered your own question. You only have to look at famous men. So you're talking thousands.
 brandie211
Msg: 74
Posted: 1/2/2010 4:07:44 PM
i think that theywould allow theevo do that if theydnt really wat to BUT
 Taztiger72
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2010 9:29:33 PM
I read somewhere women had sex with somewhere between 30-40 men before they settle down these days and this was from a woman who admitted it.

On the other hand the average man doesn't get that much maybe 3-7 if they are lucky.

The problem is this a lot of women have sex with a small pool of men and are shared and used in the process - because they are attracted to men who have either Money, Charisma or They are very Tall.

Look at it this way - Ian Flemming came up with James Bond in the 1920's - the character as we all know is a broodish womanizer - sleeping with every single woman he gets his hands on - friend or foe - and even though I love the stories and movies - the average man is not James Bond - but women even being sheltered until the 60's and with Feminism and AntiFeminism - still are compelled to men who are Players who use them for sex. Women don't see it that way - but they are being used in most part by men who aren't looking for something serious - just NSA sex - "Wham bam, Thank you mam" as David Bowie put it.
The problem is Parents don't tell their children the truth about sex and love and relationships anymore. They get to see the way it is in movies and now porn rampant - once again I am not against movies or porn - that is getting lost in the shuffle of the Sex only world we are living in.

Parents should tell the children the truth:

The Males should be told - expect a lot, and I mean a lot of rejection - get used to it - don't let it get you down - live and learn.

The Females should be told - watch out for Players and users they are just there to use you and try to look at the character of a person not their looks - because looks are deceiving.

Well that's my 2 cents.
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2010 7:10:27 AM
Hmm. If men got hit on by women as often as women get hit on by men, and men retained their usual sex drive for purposes of this fantasy, then they'd probably have a new sexual partner almost every time they got hit on. That would depend on how often they went out in public to locations where it's usual to be hit on, though that would probably be more frequent if they were assured of success. So, I think it could be daily for some, to as low as weekly for most.

However, reality is far harsher, and it's mainly the players and the most attractive men who get hit on or have the skills to generate their own opportunities (ala David DeAngelo). I'm not in that league, nor would I want to be a player.
 sflcs
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2010 7:40:57 AM
responding to OP:

If the sexual equation were reversed, I wonder if men wouldn't be more selective.

However, if all things remained the same except that guys could pretty much have sex on demand, I'd say they would have a lot more partners on average. The male sex drive being what it is, an abundance of willing, even eager partners would certainly be taken advantage of well into young adulthood.
 Beminetonight
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2010 11:11:36 AM
Maybe the question shouldn't be " If men had the same opportunities as women, how many sexual partners on average would they have?" but "If straight men had the same opportunities as gay men..."

There are some gay guys who just want the opportunity to settle down with their sweetie and that's how same-sex marriage comes to be a political issue, but for a lot of them, they're out getting a lot of opportunities.

So yeah, I claim plenty of guys would be totally promiscuous if they could. But then, a lot wouldn't.
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2010 3:41:40 PM
It's not the quantity but the quality that counts. I get no jollies out of adding notches to my bedpost, but I do have a strong sex drive combined with a real appreciation for the kind of love making where we both get so much pleasure out of each other's pleasure that it's almost like we share the same nerve endings.

That's not to say I don't enjoy FWB sex when I'm between relationships, and I'm sure I'd have had more of those if the opportunities were always there.

But if all of a sudden virtually any woman wanted to be with me, the number of partners I'd have would be the number it took to find that one right one for me who I was just right for. Come to think of it, that's how I've led my life anyway, but not being quite that irresistible it's taking a bit longer....

Dave
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > If men had the same opportunities as women, how many sexual partners on average would they have?