Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ Friday the 13th ~ Feb '09' ~ 8:00      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 1
Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ Friday the 13th ~ Feb '09' ~ 8:00pm @ FunkyTownPage 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
It's the Anti-Valentines Day Meet & Greet... Friday the 13th @ FunkyTown

It's time to get funky once again so we are going to head back out to FunkyTown for another great POF meet & greet event! So make plans now to come out and join us and make some new friends, meet some familiar faces and help celebrate the February birthdays. These events are a great way to celebrate your birthday and you know POFer's are always looking for something to celebrate. Anyone and everyone are always welcome to come out and join in on the fun.

FunkyTown is the best mix in town! You can party with old/young, fat/thin, guys/girls, every combo possible. Fun to go alone or bring a group. The zoo is where you go to watch the animals... FunkyTown is where you go to watch the people. This place is the bomb! Especially, if you like the retro type music of the 70's and 80's. They serve appetizer type food, and it's pretty damn good. The drinks are reasonably priced, and they are not skimpy on the alcohol. You get your monies worth. They have a "Stairway to Heaven" area which is balcony area that over looks the dance floor. The dance floor is huge and has two go-go style cages for you dancers to strut your stuff in. Two bars... lots of bartenders and waitresses. Everyone fits in at FunkyTown. It's a really great place to party. Therefore, start making your plans to come out and join us. Anyone and everyone is welcome to come out and join us to have a few drinks, dance their asses off and partake in lots of laughing. So grab your friends and head on out and join us for some fun. Relax, mingle and make some new friends. No pressure, no expectations.

Important... Must Read Event Details Below!

Time & Location Details :
8 pm to close (1 am)!
FunkyTown
8300 E State Route 350
Kansas City, MO 64133
(816) 737-3865

View Larger Map

You'll end up turning onto Blue Pkwy Drive off of E. 63rd St. and then follow it around to the Funky Town entrance. Use Google Maps to map directions!

Seating: We have 100 seats reserved under the Plenty Of Fish name! The reserved seats are only held until 9pm at which time the signs are picked and anyone can grab them. So come early and help save tables/seats. FunkyTown can only hold 600 people maximum so get there early! Bring cameras if you have them and take lots of pictures, so we can post them and show everyone all the fun, they are missing!

Cost: $6.00 cover charge! Tell the cashier you're with POF and receive $1 of your cover charge. FunkyTown cards everyone so don’t forget to bring that ID with you!

Dress Code: No hats except cowboy hats, no jeans with holes in them... you know, the ones with big holes in the knees or on the ass that the women like to wear, you can wear sports shirts/garments as long as there are "no" number's on them, all men's shirts must have sleeves and no gang related attire allowed.

NOTE A: FunkyTown is now a non-smoking club. To accommodate the smokers, FunkyTown has a smoking area. They are opening up the patio doors back by the pool tables to allow the smokers the ability to go outside and smoke as needed.

NOTE B: The doors open at 8pm and the music starts around 9:15pm. The 8pm to 9:15pm time frame is the perfect time for you to meet new people, make new friends and dancing buddies, before it gets wild and crazy.

NOTE C: The ultimate goal here is to meet and make some new friends and to just have fun. Keep an open mind; first impressions are not always correct. Be prepared to approach the group. We are generally very friendly to new people, but we can't always tell who is there to meet/join the group. (Sometimes it is easier to come with a member who has been to an event before, or if you are uncomfortable approaching the group, approach an individual who will help introduce you to the group.) You can always approach the event organizer "Host" and ask them for help. We usually have people that will introduce you around if you want or need that. These events are for the enjoyment of all POF members and their guests. This is not intended to be a hook up meet even though that could happen for some. And again you must remember, these meet and greet events are what "YOU" make them. "YOU" have to take some initiative and say hi and make yourself known to people. So when you come, look for tables marked Plenty of Fish, say hi and grab a seat. Be yourself and have tons of fun, that is all we ask. You don't even have to be a member of POF to join us... ever. So grab a friend or two and come on out.

NOTE D: EVENT SIGN-UP IS NOT MANDATORY, HENCE POF MEMBERS AND/OR ALL THEIR GUESTS ARE WELCOME TO JOIN US. IF YOU WANT TO COME OUT BUT DON'T WANT TO SIGN UP THEN DO IT. EVERYONE AND ANYONE IS WELCOME, SIGNED UP OR NOT, MEMBER OR NOT! The sign up thing is just to help us get an approximate number of how many might come and how many seats to reserve or try to save.

People are welcome to discuss this event and post any relevant comments/suggestions and or ideas they may have. Constructive comments are welcome. Bashing, insulting, or slamming the event or other posters will not be tolerated and those posts will be deleted ASAP. Thank you.

Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

19dru64

amis008

AnglFlynToCloseToGround

ashes00

bigoleteddybear4you

cdcooper

d_a_m

dancenightly

dawny116

eightballfroggy

ERTHANGELUSANO1

etcbl

gigi046

GREYWOLF50

havefunpa

Highlander565

hodgky

Huddly

i2mb4u2

independencecraig

IowaState02

jem1952

justg2u

kat_in_kc

KC_Gal

kcoutlaw62

kimberjack1

kumarismithyahoo

Link2mystar

LQQKn4THEONE

marriohkgs

mmgood65

mmm2008

Mr Gummischuh

mufon

oldcars1

pizazzy

ppowell1

reg711

Searching and Searching

showme59

smhrgs3000

t_h_o_r

thingamabawb

vickyminks

wildcatch

Yunique1

47 people are attending
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 2
Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ Friday the 13th ~ Feb '09' ~ 8:00pm @ FunkyTown
Posted: 1/11/2009 8:00:35 PM
Valentine's Day just happens to fall on a Saturday this year, so I thought doing an Anti-Valentine's Day meet and greet on the Friday before, would make for the perfect event. Nothing against Valentine's Day but unless you have a significant other, this holiday does kind of blow .
 AnglFlynToCloseToGround
Msg: 3
Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ Friday the 13th ~ Feb '09' ~ 8:00pm @ FunkyTown
Posted: 1/11/2009 8:22:34 PM
It is a great idea Gummi ...

AnglFlyn
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/12/2009 1:30:18 PM
Let's start spreading the word and getting the word out about this get together . The more the merrier .
 AnglFlynToCloseToGround
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/13/2009 1:55:30 PM
( ) .... Shall I go over the whole life thing AGAIN for ya angel ... ... ... O I am onry but the way I see it is I dont wanna be the only one who is listenting to the sounds of the ole bones crackling and no one else feels old too ... ...

O and if you talk about plucking my feathers again ... well I am getting up there in the years and so now I see it has they will fall out on their own any ways ... just do it with avluvin feelin or fake it good ... ...

AnglFlyn
 AnglFlynToCloseToGround
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/13/2009 8:23:56 PM
(rubs hands together) ... I see some POF ppl may need to have me remind them om the stages of growing old ... Ya all should not talk about turning the biggin while I am on here ... ...

(talking like the witch in Oz) ... I will get you my lil pretties ... and lil friends too ... teheteehehehe

AnglFlyn
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/14/2009 10:42:32 AM
That is the Ozone event in Omaha. I don't know what happened to the header. I think it wasn't posted correctly and an event moderator changed it. Click on it and find out .
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/15/2009 1:17:52 PM
Is that pay dues or cover .
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/16/2009 3:31:54 PM
Jazzmin has switched to the other team.... doesn't like the poles anymore . Hummmmmmm
 d_a_m
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2009 6:28:36 PM
damn Nate, I don't have feathers, poles... what's up, what does it take to dance with you!
 kdbugg
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2009 7:49:52 PM
I think I did shake my grove thang one time. I am not real sure. Remind me again what that is.

(a pole jazzmin? Really?)
 kdbugg
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2009 12:50:13 PM
Think I will blame my mother. Yes, you should see that old gal!
 storasian64
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/22/2009 3:16:46 PM
What's wrong with this picture? the funnies quit since the 19th. hmmmmm. wonders and waits?
 storasian64
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/23/2009 12:02:29 PM
This made my day. After all this thing is not dead and I don't have to dust off my CPR training to bring it back to life. NVM, I didn't have any CPR training except some unlicensed practice on some women only
Thank you mshenny and tpot.
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/24/2009 10:24:05 AM
Today for us Capricorn's:

December 22 - January 19
There's an excellent day on the horizon, dear Capricorn. If you feel somewhat hemmed in by fears or uncertainties in your love life, the day ahead will give you the courage to discuss these matters with your mate. Even if more time will be necessary to settle things completely, you should make good use of the crystal-clear communication channels. You won't be disappointed (and neither will your mate!)...
 smhrgs3000
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/24/2009 1:47:39 PM
This will be my first ever outing to Funky Town, and I won't know a soul there. So, if any of you see me wandering around looking hopelessly lost, lol, show some pity and please introduce yourselves, k?
Looking forward to meeting you'all, and hope to squeeze in some fun dancing too.
See you there.
Sam
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/24/2009 1:52:06 PM
Smhrgs3000... push this thing in your area and bring some of those Topekan women with you, and I'll track you down for sure .
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/24/2009 2:31:41 PM
Big O or little O all O's are good O's... right? Is there anyone here that would turn down a good O ? Furthermore, maybe Omaha would be so boring if we did some Ozone events there or is everyone in Omaha dating dead?
 smhrgs3000
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/25/2009 11:35:16 AM
Mr Gummischuh, looking forward to the hello's, and hopefully an intro or two so I can get an early start on forgetting names, lol. Oh ya, I am the worlds worst at forgetting peoples names, and that's the gospel truth or my name's not,.......umm,.........dang, I forgot it again. Maybe if I tattood it somewhere? Naw, I'd just forget who's name it was, and where I'd tatood it, lmao. Plus I'd always be stripping in bars trying to find my name, ooops. Bad idea. Duh.
As for bringin those Topeka ladies, sorry there guy. But after my schooling( 4 years in 6th grade), all my years of traveing, years living in Houston, Na'Leans, Calgary n L. A., I've just found that I'm waaaaay to liberal and edicated for most of these EXTREMELY conservative, Republican, Topeka Gals. Besides, I could never afford to feed em, yikes! Have you seen the damage that just one of these Republican Topeka ladies can do to a buffet line, OMG.
And psws_13, I sure hope you can find me, and straighten my lost & confused butt out before I make a idiot of myself again. Like last weekend when I had such a good time at the Side Pockets P.O.F. event, and eventualy found out I'd been sitting there all evening with the wrong singles group, ooops,....... hey little girl, want some candy?
. OMG, just can't take me anywhere.
Looking forward to meeting all of you there, and thanks for the welcome. Much appreciated.
Sam
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/25/2009 2:03:52 PM
I was at the POF deal at Side Pockets and that other singles group you were with was the geriatric group, they discriminate against the young... anyone under 45 . Therefore, if you had said want a candy cane to suck on grandma, you might have gotten lucky .

Newbie lesson number 1: When atteding first event, locate the host (poster) and figure out where the group is.
 smhrgs3000
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/25/2009 10:25:29 PM
Geriatric group huh, lmao. Well, since my last three ladyfriends were grandmas, and since I am over 45, ............ by quite a bit, ARGH, all I can say is: Hey, I resemble that!
And grandma's like candy too, hehehe. Beside, if the music is good, then I will be out dancing most of the night anyway, old partner or young. It's the "just sitting there alone" that drives me crazy.
Besides, having a walker with an attached stereo, beer holder, cell phone holder, and GPS can come in really handy
See you all there.
Sam
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/29/2009 6:34:24 PM
Heard from FunkyTown this afternoon. Our reserved seats and the $1 discount for anyone informing the cashier they are with the POF group have been confirmed. So get spreading the word and inviting everyone you chat with to come on out and join us .
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/31/2009 12:01:23 PM
OK... do to some people posting some off topic/event posts, we were starting to get some confusion as to what day this get togehter was on. I have had to go through and delete some posts to get things back on track. This get together is in February on Friday the 13th. The day before Valentines Day. Let's try and stay focused and on topic please .
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/31/2009 3:41:04 PM
However, it says Friday the 13th first and then Feb '09'. Come on now... it's really not that difficult to figure out .
 Mr Gummischuh
Msg: 25
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > Kansas City and surrounding areas ~ Friday the 13th ~ Feb '09' ~ 8:00pm @ FunkyTown