Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > The Annual Fish Float May 22nd - May 25th!      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 alpinebryon
Msg: 1
view profile
History
The Annual Fish Float May 22nd - May 25th!Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Ok Every Body It Is Official The Fish Float Is On It will be at the same place as with all the Fish Floats have been.

Where: Twin Bridge's Canoe and Camp Ground
West Plains Missouri
When: May 22nd. Thru May 25th 2009
Over the Memorial Day Weekend
Host: Alpine Bryon

What: Float Trip On The North Fork River
And Camp Out
Phone: 417-256-7507
( Sorry all no 800 number)
Fax: 417-256-2987
E-mail: mail@twinbridgescanoe.com
Web Page:http://www.twinbridgescanoe.com/index.htm

Usefull links:
:http://waterdata.usgs.gov/mo/nwis/uv?07057500
:http://www.missouricanoe.org/river-maps/northfork-bryant.html
:http://www.missouritrouthunter.com/NorthFork.htm
:http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/Documents/18086.pdf
:http://www.missourigameandfish.com/fishing/trout-fishing/MO_0606_02/index1.html
http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USMO0932.html

You can E-Mail me here if you have any questions

THIS FISH FLOAT IS REALLY NOT YOUNG CHILD FRIENDLY EVENT.THE RIVER IS REALLY A FAST MOVING RIVER WITH SOME VERY GOOD RAPIDS AND I FEEL THAT IT IS NOT GOOD FOR VERY YOUNG ONES AND YOUNG KIDS(UNLESS YOU ARE A VERY GOOD PADDLER). TEENS AND OLDER TEENS ARE QUITE WELCOME FAMILY AND FRIENDS ARE ALL SO WELCOME.

REMEMBER EVERYONE MAKE SURE YOU MAKE YOUR RESEVATIONS UNDER THE NAME OF PLENTY OF FISH!!!!!. SO WE ALL CAN BE ALL TOGETHER.AND MAKE SURE YOU MAKE YOUR RESEVATIONS AS SOON AS POSIBLE SINCE IT IS A HOLIDAY WEEKEND AND EVERY THING HAS A TENDENCY TO FILL UP QUICKLY!!!!!!.

Camping rate's:
$8.00 per night per person
Cabins rate's:CABIN Minimum number persons Sleeps total First 2 guests 6-11 years Additional guests
A-D-E 2 4 $65.00 ($6.00 per kid) $12.00 (added person)
B-C-G 5 10 $85.00 ($8.50 per kid 6-11)$17.00 (added person)
F 7 13 $85.00 ($8.50 per kid 6-11) $17.00 (added person)
LOG HOMES
1, 2 9 16 $145.00 ($14.00per kid 6-11) $28.00 (added person)
3, 4 6 12 $145.00 ($14.00 per kid 6-11)$28.00 ( added person)
FLOATING:
Canoe's : $23.00 per person minimum 2 people max 2 people per canoe( kids under 12 Free)
Kayak's: $35.00 ( sit on tops kayaks no sit in's)
tandem Kayaks:$ 23.00 per person( sit on tops no sit in's)
PRIVAT BOAT SHUDDLE: $20 per boat

The Float trips we will be taking on Saturday is from Twin Bridge's to Blair bridge:
Sights include Bat Cave, Blue Spring (average. daily flow 7,000,000 gal./day) which pours out of the East Bluff one half mile past Hammond Camp and is the most popular swimming spot on the river, Rainbow Springs (spring is on private property), The Falls (2 foot drop stay close to the right bank or go far left), bluffs and gravel bars, and beautiful clear water.

The other Float Trip is Sunday from Halle's Crossing to Twin Bridge's:
This trip also gives you the wilderness flavor. There are nice gravel bars, swimming holes, and good smallmouth bass and goggle-eye fishing on this stretch of river. Shavey hole is a long pool which lends itself to quiet drifting and watching for wildlife. The Blue Heron can often be seen flying along ahead of your canoe.

REMEMBER EVERYONE ALL THE TRIPS START AT 9:00 IF YOU ARE NOT READY YOU WILL BE LEFT BEHIND NO WAITING ON STRAGLERS. ONE MORE THING IT IS EVERYONE'S OWN RESPONSIBILITY TO FIND A PADDLE MATE.EITHER BRING A FRIEND TO PADDLE WITH OR START TO HIT EVERY ONE UP AND ASK TO BE THIER'S OR YOUR PADDLE MATE.REMEMBER .>> ONLY TWO PEOPLE PER CANOE<<<

Driving Directions:

From St.Louis:
Go South on I44 to Rolla South on US 63 to Cabool follow US 63 till it merge's with US 60 Follow US 63/60.Take a right when US 60/63 divide's.Go south on US 63 towards Thayer-Willow Springs-West Plains.When when US 63 go's from a divided highway to a 4 lane road Look for highway 14 it is not far from there.Take a right on highway 14 for about 14 mile's You can not miss Twin Brigde's it will be on the left hand side.

From Columbia /Jeff City:

Take US 63 South to Rolla Continue south on US 63 and Follow the Directions from St.Louis From there.

From Springfield:

Take Highway US 60 East to Mountain Grove take Highway 95 south to County Road W south to Highway 14(if you miss County Road W it is OK continue South to Highway 14.Take Highway 14 east to Twin brigde's and it will be on the Right hand side.(But if you are Coming at night and you do not want to mess with all of the Missouri Hillbilly Highways Continue east on US 60 to Highway 181 or if you still do not want to mess with the Missouri HillBilly Highways at night.Continue East on US 6oThru Cabool till it merge's with US 63 .Take US 60/63 South till US 60/63 Divide's.Take US 63 South to Thayer-Willow Springs-West Plains.When US 63 Go's from a Divided Highway to a 4 lane road LOOK for Highway 14(its not far from where it go's from a Divided to a 4 lane road).Take a right on Highway 14 for about 14 mile's or so Twin Bridge's will be on your left hand side of the road.

From Kansas City:

Take Hwy 7 east to Clinton. Take Hwy 13 south to Springfield. Then follow Springfield directions above.
From Joplin:

Take I-44 East to Springfield and then follow Springfields directions

ONE THING THERE IS A FIRE PIT WITH A GRILL TOP.BUT THERE ARE NO BBQ GRILLS SO YOU MIGHT WANT TO BRING ONE FOR YOUR SELF.THE ONE ON THE FIRE PIT IS LIKE 2X2 IN SIZE.

THE POT LUCK DINNER SIGH UP LIST.
EVERYONE BRING YOUR OUN MEAT TO GRILL.
JUST MAKE A SALAD FOR THE POT LUCK.
Bryon(aka alpinebryon)Multi Bean Salad.
GiGi.>>>>>>>>>>>>.Pasta Salad
Gina<<<<<<<<<<<< sweet treats
Sam >>>>>>>>>>>> water mellon
Jim >>>>>>>>>>>> potato salad

Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

alpinebryon

billydjr

Denarama1970

fkwstl

gigi046

goldieloxx

singledadofmyangel

smhrgs3000

TryingToForget

9 people are attending
 GiGi046
Msg: 2
view profile
History
The Annual Fish Float
Posted: 1/12/2009 12:23:10 PM
Okay so far as I know I'm bringing the teenager......maybe even bring a friend for her to hang with.......I'm so excited and am really ready for spring.......
 alpinebryon
Msg: 3
view profile
History
The Annual Fish Float
Posted: 1/14/2009 1:52:59 PM
Same here GiGi I am so tired of working out in the cold all day ha ha by all means bring a friend for you grand daughter.
 singledadofmyangel
Msg: 4
The Annual Fish Float May 22nd - May 25th!
Posted: 1/14/2009 7:51:27 PM
Haven't been on a float in years. I'll use this as a good excuse to get back into it. I'll see if I can't get a few guys to join in. What kind of turnout do you usually get?
 alpinebryon
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2009 1:12:30 AM
Hey dad we adv. about 20 per float some are bigger and some are smaller.It is not a big meeting of the Fish normaly it is a small group not that many want to drive the 3 hours from St.lou or more.Most of the St.lou fish much rather float The 25 Mile sections of the Meramec Highway with bumber to bumber boats than float a real river that is clean crisp and cool.That has a lot of fun parts and a lot of laid back parts and that is all so well knowed for it's Rainbow and brown trophy trout if you are into fishing.
SYOTR Bryon
 GiGi046
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2009 6:32:29 AM
That may be true but some of us from KC don't mind the drive down and back.....or the float, so we'll be down and I'm working on getting more KC people to come down. We are really getting excited about it up here......Thanks again Bryon for organizing this for us
 alpinebryon
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2009 10:10:49 AM
in Missouri.
A popular local saying has it that the third time you visit the Ozarks, you bring your furniture. So a word of caution – don’t visit Twin Bridges in the Heart of the Ozarks, unless you’re looking for scenery beautiful enough to charm your heart, and a river so breathtaking it will make it hard to leave.
The water on the North Fork is lively and crystal-clear. Beginners float easily in the quietwater, while experienced canoeists enjoy other sections of quickwater and play in the “falls”.
In spring and summer the river flows like children’s laughter. There’s a feeling of perfect solitude on the water, where one can peacefully reflect on the rich beauty of life.
From the bow of a canoe or kayak, the charm of the Northfork quietly reveals itself on its own terms. In the rising slopes of the Ozarks, enormous ridges and rising bluffs come gradually into view through the trees lining the riverbank. We float past lonesome country lanes, quiet meadows, deep woods and high mountainsides bathed in the sun. This is a small world apart made especially for canoeing. It is intimacy without equal.
Our river is considered a Class I and II. Class I is smooth flat water with little or no current or rapids. Class II may have a faster moving current with small rapids. There are several types of water on the river. There is some dead water, places where there isn't any current and you will have to paddle through these pools. The river often narrows down and picks up speed and you will have alot of current in these places. Occasionally the river runs over rocks producing small riffles, but no true white water.
 singledadofmyangel
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/16/2009 9:46:53 PM
Oh I've floated the meremec once, and the north fork 5 times. for good reason. For the life of me I don't understand why so many people float the meremec.
 alpinebryon
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2009 2:07:00 AM
The only time I float the Meramec is in the spring and it is around Meramec Springs Area not even around the Steelville aera it is way way too crouded for me.To the life of me I just do not understand wht so many go float it.When with in 200 miles there around 5 other rivers that are way better the North fork is one of them.dad it is good that you know the North fork That is one of my favorite's this year I thought about the having the Float at 11 Point this year
SYOTR Bryon
 alpinebryon
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2009 1:45:04 PM
Ok everyone we are in I just got off of the Phone with Twin Bridge's and our resevation is in So everyone can start making thier resevations any time now.Just try to make them by May 25th.So I have a good idea on who's come and whos not
SYOTR Bryon
 GiGi046
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2009 2:25:24 PM
Bryon. won't May 25th be abit late since that is the holiday? by then you'd have missed the canoe........ might want to make those reservations a little sooner than that...
 alpinebryon
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2009 11:35:00 PM
OPPS GiGi you are right Ha ha Everyone should make them by April 25th.Blonde moment LOL
 sudie1054
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/23/2009 6:04:17 PM
This sounds like so much fun! I've been wanting to do this for years.
Hope more people sign up!

Sudie
 sudie1054
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/23/2009 6:07:14 PM
Do most people pitch a tent or rent a cabin?

alpinebryon
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2009 10:59:02 PM
Most people pitch a tent but there have been some in the past that came with campers and they stayed in the RV sites and came down for the fire and to sit around and hang out with the rest of us.This place do have cabins to rent.There will be more people signing up.The float is still 5 months away from now I adv about 20 people per event I host and I only host Fish Floats So come on down sudie and bring some friends
ISYOTR Bryon
 alpinebryon
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2009 11:19:28 PM
Well Ms girl come on up you will like this river it has a bit of every thing for paddlers.It has the slow laid back sections for floating and play with friends.To some very good class 2 ripple's for splashing around and wave surffing and if the river is high enough some mild class 3.But it is a safe class 3 So come on and sign up and ISYOTR Bryon
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/2/2009 8:02:58 AM
Hey Bryon! Thought I would bump this thread up and get it on my forums list! :O)

For me...it's not so much the DRIVE...hella, I don't think I have ever camped/floated less than 2 or 3 hours away, anyway! LOL For me..it's that it is a holiday weekend...and a kid-friendly event...I prefer to keep online stuff and kids seperate...ick factor...sorry.

Also, with having a $60K device (cochlear implant) that cannot get wet...I am leerie about floating with folks who I do not know personally. I can NOT be dumped, splashed, sprayed, water gunned, etc.

But I did include this link in another party thread for someone who asked about hosting a float....so Terry should be over here to this thread, soon!
 alpinebryon
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2009 10:43:36 AM
Hey Kat thats cool that you posted it in another party thread.Its all right that you do not want to get your implant wet I truly understand on that and there is a very good chance that you would get wet too some how.But the only kids that i know that are coning are all teens(15-16-17 -18) and not tweenes.This is a kid freely weekend but the camp ground We are using seperates the familys and the adults and the partyers.They all have seperate site's for everyone.Well will be staying in the adult section far away from the kiddys Ha ha and VERY FAR away from the party animals Ha ha.
ISYOTR Bryon
 HarleyKat~
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/2/2009 10:46:30 AM
Hmmm....I think I might consider such if I can be in the party animals section!
 smhrgs3000
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/3/2009 7:29:13 AM
Byron, I'll be calling the campground soon, but before I do, do the sites in the section we'll be in have electric & water?
Also, just I know what nights to reserve for, who all is planning on floating Sunday, as well as Sat?
I love the little 2' waterfall at the end, ummmm. Easy enough for beginners, but so much fun to tease em about before they get there, lol .
Now I just need to decide wheather to haul down my oen boat, or rent. What to do, what to do?
Sam
 alpinebryon
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2009 11:58:40 AM
hey Sam cool that you are coming all the way from Topeka it all depend on what you want to do with your boat it is cheaper to bring yours than rent one for the weekendit is a 20$ shuddle fee for your boat compared to 30 to rent one .They have plastic boats like your yellow canoe is.The site that i reserved for us is a non power sites about 25 feet away from out site are the power site's.Yea I know what you mean about the River of life falls when I tell people about it they freak out untill they see that its only two foot drop Ha ha.but last june when I took the fish for a float the river was up pretty good and it was closer to 3 1/2 but everyone went over with flying collors we even had a couple that nevered paddle a canoe in thier life and they went over it side ways but never went for a swim ha ha.So since you know about the falls you must have been to the north fork before ????.And as far as I know everyone are doing both floats i am doing 4 floats.On friday I am going to run from the camp ground down to Blair brigde so I can scope out the river before hand and then On Monday i am going to run it agian just because I can ha ha.
ISYOTR Bryon
 smhrgs3000
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/4/2009 11:34:40 AM
OK, I just got off the phone with the campground, and I'll post here a couple of things that I've learned, and hope it'll answer a few questions for the rest of you.

When you reserve a site, you can request a specific site, but they will not quarantee that you get it. They prefer to fill each site, and take your per/person deposite that way. The sites do include free firewood,,,YIPPY!
Once you reserve your site using a credit card, their cancellation policy is two weeks prior notice, and they still keep a $20.00 fee for processing the reservation.
None of the sites have electrical hookups, except the hard gravel RV sites higher up the hill, which are $2.00 more, plus the same per person charge. It's apparrent that they like to pack em in to each site(much more profitable for them that way). We would have the option of renting an RV site, and running long extension cords, but hardly seems smart.
Personally, I'm a little nervous of a repeat of the Elk float last year, where the all nighters in our group all failed to bring any rain canopies, and instead chose to sit uder the fly to my tent, all night and the next morning, making all kinds of raquet, keeping me up for my 3rd straight night, and leaving all of their trash for me to clean up.
Hmm, without being able to reserve an ajacent site, or at least one just distant enough no "escape to" when I want to sleep, lol, I'm just a bit leery of putting down a deposite I wouldn't get back, and then ending up a mile from the bathrooms, in a spot to small to sleep on, ARGH.
Decisions decidions, lol.
More to come,
Byron, this is one campground I've not stayed at on this river, have you? What's your experience here?
Oh, BTW, that yellow canoe was a rental on the Niangua, I just have two solo kayaks, a tandem kayak, and solo Wenonah canoe, no tandem canoes I'm afraid. ARGH!
Thanks
 alpinebryon
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2009 11:57:51 AM
Hey Sam I would bring one of your solo yak and maybe your tandem yak you may get lucky and find a good paddle partner Ha ha .I have camped here many time's they have all ways treated me well and the groups I have brought to stay with them.Yea I know all about rain and no one bring any rain shelters thats why I have a 10x10 tarp i streach over the side of my van so i would have some shelter plus I bring extra poles plus a 12x12 tarp to make a extra shelter with if needed and once more I all so have in my van a 12x10 screened room that can be set up as a rain shelter Ha ha.beeing a camping bug i have all that under my bed in the van.and I am ready to go paddlen at any givin time throu out the summer.In fact my boat never leave's my van from about end of March till the end of october Ha ha.
 smhrgs3000
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/5/2009 6:39:34 AM
That's good to know Byron, lol. When the evening rains start I'll be sending all the dripping newbies up your way guy, ooops,..... except the pretty ones of course .
I'm also curious about shuttling. If I bring my own boats, the access points for this river are all public I believe, so would there be any interest in doing a private shuttle, and meeting up with the group at the put in point to launch? My car can handle 2 boats, how about yours Byron? Wanna save the shuttle fees?
Sam
 alpinebryon
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2009 11:36:18 AM
I know what youmean by wanting to save some money on shuddle fee's,yes there are several public acess on the river You could slip your boat in on the sly at the camp ground.And where we would be getting out is Blair bridge and that place is public access.it is posable to get some one to follow you down to where we will be getting out it is only a 15 min.shuddle and you could ride back to the camp ground to where you can slip your boat in and wait for us to come around the corner Ha ha.my self i do not mind paying the shuddle fee
SYOTR Bryon
Show ALL Forums  > Missouri  > The Annual Fish Float May 22nd - May 25th!