Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Is there anything more overrated when it comes to sex than Blow jobs?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Wildman46
Msg: 1
Is there anything more overrated when it comes to sex than Blow jobs?[CLOSED For Review]Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Blow Jobs are vastly overrated. I have to laugh out loud when I read these threads from guys saying how great they are. I have gotten so many of them I have lost count long ago, And I have yet to come from having a blow job. What a complete and utter waste of time. I fail to see what the big deal is with blow jobs. If I never get another one I would not be missing a damn thing.

Am I the only one that feels this way?
 MsMicki
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Is there anything more overrated when it comes to sex than Blow jobs?
Posted: 1/13/2009 9:17:15 PM
Boy........do I have a girl for you!!
 4408joseph
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2009 9:17:58 PM

I have gotten so many of them I have lost count long ago

The thing is keeping one long enough that you can collect unemployment benefits for months while you look for another one.

Also if you get a blowjob, it won't effect your social service benefits check, no matter what your buddys tell you.
 Miss W
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/13/2009 9:36:24 PM
When I was very young (23), I dated a guy who was not fond of them. He was 33. At the time, I did not mind and thought that was great because it was all about me.
 beerbag
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/14/2009 12:17:40 AM
Too bad all the chicks that have blown you don't know****
 no_1_bby
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2009 1:40:31 AM

.... I read these threads from guys saying how great they are.... Am I the only one that feels this way?

Wildman... you answered your own question.

Dude, it's quite possible all the women you've been with sucked at head.

Not only possible, probable. There's more to giving great oral to a man than putting his penis into your mouth. A lot more.

I have yet to come from having a blow job

And whose fault is this? I have had more than one guy say this to me.. one was a really tough nut to crack.. almost literally. I knew that I had done *something* that would work for him, only he didn't react in a way that told me what that *something* was... so I asked. Once I knew what felt good to him, he was done in 2 min (after about 40 min of me trying on my own before that). Another.. well.. once I saw how HE handled his penis, I could understand why he hadn't ever come from oral. He liked it rough and hard and honestly.. most women can't sustain that kind of sensation long enough to get you off. How you maturbate does impact on other things you know... It's Pavlovian, really.
 ImAHotMess
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/14/2009 4:13:54 AM
Well, to each his own. Personally, I feel giving a blow job beats the hell out of having sex sometimes, but hey. That may just be me. If you have not had a mind blowing one, I highly suggest you get one. Or, maybe you simply just do not enjoy them. We all have things we like and do not like. I would be bored really really fast if my lover told me he did not want one. Then again, I will say I am good at it and know what I am doing. :) Maybe communicate with your lover and tell her what you want and how to do it, you may enjoy it!!! Communication during sex is pretty important as well!!! One of my favorite owned T Shirts ! "Let Go Of My Ears, I Know What I Am Doing!!! ".
 Mr Bain
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/14/2009 4:22:09 AM
My instinct tells me that blow jobs are the way to go if you're in a hurry and cannot muster the energy you have to put into intercourse.

And seeing that I'm going to have a very busy year, I might have to find a way to get blowjobs, because my schedule is getting tighter and tighter.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/14/2009 5:18:06 AM

I have to laugh out loud when I read these threads from guys saying how great they are.

As I laugh out loud when I read "complete and utter waste of time" and "vastly overrated", am I the only one that feels this way..

Personally,, Oral sex is very important to me,, I wouldn't want to go without it.
From my experience (approx #) if I had to use number to describe.
1) 5% of women, really bad or had no interest
2) 10% of women liked giving BJ, but lacked experiace, or know how
3) 10% of women enjoy BJ. but lack other oral skills.
4) 30% of women are good at BJ, because of communication, the willingness to learn and please her partner, ( see 2 & 3) great improvements
5) 10% of women, have their own wonderful skills, "good" oral, hands, lips, and mouth,
6) 10% of woman, have their own wonderful skills, "great" oral, hands, lips, and mouth, deep throat, love sucking c*ck, swallows,
-------6A) see 2-5, all have the capability of advancing to #6, because of there willingness to learn, It's those women in the 4th & 5th group who advance at a faster rate...
7) 25% of women Mind Blowing BJ.. those women are not just giving a BJ/oral.. they are making love to my c*ck. They desire it, need it, love it, their unselfish intent is to please their partner to the best of her abilities,, How they manage that I have no idea, the old saying is,, "if it ain't broke don't fix it.. " just enjoy,,

Other than 1 & 2, the more time spent with a woman, the better she becomes, because of the relationship, communication, trust, as well as the emotional connection,,

At my age, some women have come from sexually deprived relationships, were the man treated her as an object, and not a woman, where her partner was only concerned about his needs, therefore 10-15 min sex was the "norm"

Break down those barriers, you will find in most cases, You will have a very active partner, willing to learn and experiment, who will soon enjoy sex, and not look at it as a chore or something other.

This is just my opinion and has no reflection on any other woman here,

A note, Having great BJ is not just about the woman,, a man as well must know how and want to please her as well,, if she feel good and wonderful,, so will you,,,
 TooShadows
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2009 5:39:22 AM
Most of it depends on the person giving the blow job. I've had terrible oral sex and then I've been given blow jobs that made my toes curl. There was a time as well when I couldn't come via oral sex,but as others have pointed out,it was in the way I masturbated.
 gtomustang
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/14/2009 5:42:45 AM
Wildman, I'm with ya on that one...my mind wanders during the whole thing. and I've been w/ talented lovers. Its no offense to them, I guess I'm just hands on.

For me, its much better to give oral sex, than to recieve. Play hummingbird amongst her flower petals? I could do that 'til her legs are jelly--hell, I have. So I can understand some women's desire to give oral...to run your freed hands across a lover's body, to listen to their breathing change, feel their body slowly arch like a bow ready to release its arrow as the warm energy spreads thru their body, knowing they are feeling this pleasure b/c of you...yeah, OK, that's rush in itself. And no one gets pregnant from it

But for whatever reason, no one can do it for me. Oh well, no biggie. But there is one thing more overrated than blowjobs, and that's blowjobs with Poprocks or Altoids
 Wildman46
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/14/2009 6:02:30 AM
If she's interested in pleasing you, she'll have no problems learning what you like and doing it accordingly

Great then she will learn real fast that I don't like blow jobs and to stop trying to change my mind.

There is nothing worst for me during sex that having to fake liking something I hate. "Ohhhh ahhhhh yea baby that's it, suck that**** ahhhhh girl you are gotta make me come" When what I'm really thinking is "Has enough time gone by yet, can I tap her on the shoulders now and get her the hell out of there before I fall asleep from boredom". Everytime I get one I have to start acting like I love it, but eventually I get so damn bored I have to give her the dreaded tap on the shoulders. Blow jobs to me is right next to root canals, it's just not something I look forward to.

I have tried giving instruction, but it's really is hard to give instruction on something you hate every aspect of. Do this because it's just slightly less boring that what you're doing know?. The best instruction I can ever give a woman about blow jobs and me, is to not waste her time giving me one.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/14/2009 6:03:14 AM
vince^^^^^ this man will not complain your right,, I will though help with suggestions to help improve her oral skills, I think that is better than just laying back, because she may be looking for some good helpful hits and suggestions,,

edit;
wildman

Great then she will learn real fast that I don't like blow jobs and to stop trying to change my mind.

LMFAO,,, that was just to funny,,,
 Wildman46
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/14/2009 6:24:13 AM
Ummm not the way I do it

Yea I know, trust me, I have lost track of the number of women that claim to be experts. And I wind up wishing I was someplace else watching parking meters expire, while pretending to be Jack Nicholson acting my ass off.
 MsMicki
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2009 7:30:03 AM
and what if the women really likes giving them?
is she to be denied something that truly turns her on?
 Wildman46
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/14/2009 7:41:30 AM
But I blame it on men not telling women what they like

If a woman hates anal sex, is it because she is not giving the guys the proper instructions? Should the guy then say "just let me get started honey, then tell me what you like" . Not every sex act is for everybody, If Isay I don't like "water sports" that's perfectly Ok, But if I say I don't like blow jobs, then there must be something wrong with me, I'm not doing it right, I need to give instructions. While the simple answer might just be I DON'T LIKE BLOW JOBS.
 Wildman46
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/14/2009 8:27:36 AM

and what if the woman really likes giving them?
is she to be denied something that truly turns her on?

I know many guys that just love anal sex but their S/O refuses to do it. Just because something turns you on in the bedroom, does not make the person you're having sex with obligated to do it. If it works for BOTH parties then it's all good. But one getting turn on while the other is being turned off, really doe not work now does it?. Sex should always be about MUTUAL satisfaction.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/14/2009 9:15:26 AM

Blow Jobs are vastly overrated. I have to laugh out loud when I read these threads from guys saying how great they are. I have gotten so many of them I have lost count long ago, And I have yet to come from having a blow job. What a complete and utter waste of time. I fail to see what the big deal is with blow jobs. If I never get another one I would not be missing a damn thing.

Hey OP!!! No my friend, you aren't the only one that feels this way. I had a long term relationship with a man who had NO interest in the whole oral thing and since I have NO interest in receiving, we were actually a very good fit. We found a zillion other things much more interesting to do than the routine oral-boredom stuff. I don't think it's strange at all that it doesn't interest you and I don't think it's strange I would rather watch MSNBC rather than receive. (And I'm certain we'll both hear the "you just haven't been with someone who was good at it." PFFFFFFT ~ I don't waste my time with unskilled lovers. Talent or experience has nothing to do with what we personally enjoy/crave/fantasize about or otherwise feel compelled to avoid!!!)

I know many guys that just love anal sex but their S/O refuses to do it. Just because something turns you on in the bedroom, does not make the person you're having sex with obligated to do it. If it works for BOTH parties then it's all good. But one getting turn on while the other is being turned off, really doe not work now does it?. Sex should always be about MUTUAL satisfaction.

Boy isn't that the truth? What I find perplexing ?? When a person (be they male or female) HATE something they've never even tried. HUH? I'm not a fan of sushi that still has eyes attached, but I love seared salmon. Had I viewed ALL sushi with distaste, I would have never discovered that I'm a seared salmon junkie. Much like anal sex, or bondage or even certain clothing fetishes. How on earth can you dislike something you've never even tried? Makes absolutely NO sense to me. Then again, I tend to think sampling a little of everything in life is what makes life 'living' rather than just 'existing.' It's another: to each their own. (I don't think anyone should be having any type of sex that makes them uncomfortable, but you don't know if it's comfy til you try it.) JMO
 compleat_man
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/14/2009 9:50:12 AM
OP:

no, I agree..in fact if any woman wants to do it, I push her away .

I've never gotten anything pleasurable from that..in fact, more often than not, it has hurt..caused pain..sucked too hard, teeth biting, etc.)

not sure, maybe I have just never met anyone with the right 'technique'?

OMTWF:

<
In my travels, I've heard from many male friends that the majority of women don't know what they are doing BUT think they do. But I blame men for not telling the women what they like. IMO, I feel if you are going to give or receive then you might as well enjoy it and speak up about what you like or don't like. If you never talk about it, how is the other person supposed to know. What works for one person might not work for others.

but..I think that the reason many w0men are NOT good at it, is because REALLY, truly deeply, they do not 'like' doing it.. they do it 'as a chore' to please their guy, because they 'assume' that every man 'loves it' (as we can see, not necessarily true)..

I can't get into someone doing something they dislike merely because they 'think' it pleases me..and IMO no-one will be truly 'great' at something unless they enjoy it..e.g. I like giving oral..it does almost as much for me as it does for her..therefore, IMO (and confirmed) I'm quite good at it.

LMFAO at all the people who have decreed that the OP is "wrong"..and by extension, so am *I*, I suppose..

never heard of 'diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks" ??

please people..can't we all just get along? BJ fans and non-BJ fans, alike? :)

and, this might blow your mind..but not every single woman likes receiving oral either, for whatever reason.(maybe not comfortable with themselves? who knows) though the majority do, IME..
 compleat_man
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/14/2009 10:23:58 AM
^^

no. he has never enjoyed any of them..
 compleat_man
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/14/2009 11:04:35 AM
^^

funny, though, that's what they "all" say.. (women)

her: "yes I knew guys who didn't like them, but once they experienced *MY* super=special awesome technique, they absolutely LOVED them"..

so, reluctantly you agree to let them try...

then once again, they SUCK at sucking..sorry for the 'pun' ;)
 semi_sweetness
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2009 11:25:29 AM
Yeah I would have to say I am a #7 that is one of my major foreplay gates mmm mmm good...who wouldn't get off from blowing a guys mind...pleasing a guy sexually is ALMOST sexually satisfying in itself...fyi: I LOVE SEX TOO...but I am a giver more than a taker
 semi_sweetness
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2009 11:26:27 AM
That's a sexy idea...thanks
 compleat_man
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/14/2009 11:32:27 AM
^^

'm sure there are some men who don't like them. But I think the vast of majority of men enjoy getting their c0ck sucked. Among my previous sexual partners, only 1 man disliked BJs.

more data needed ..not conclusive info

are we talking 1 out of 10?

or 1 out of 100?

or..?

the problem may be that based on a "majority" ..women extrapolate that to conclude that "all" men love it

(that's what it says in the "Guide to Men" handbooks, right?

so it MUST be "right"..
 rdcnorm
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/14/2009 12:30:43 PM

Yeah I would have to say I am a #7 that is one of my major foreplay gates mmm mmm good...who wouldn't get off from blowing a guys mind...pleasing a guy sexually is ALMOST sexually satisfying in itself...fyi: I LOVE SEX TOO...but I am a giver more than a taker

I knew there was a heaven ,,,,
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Is there anything more overrated when it comes to sex than Blow jobs?[CLOSED For Review]