Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Creative/Writing  > Letters to God      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 flakflak
Msg: 1
Letters to GodPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Do you have somthing you would like to say to God?
Would you like to send a letter to God?
This is an idea I got from a project I'm doing at school..
It can be about anything or anyone. Whats ever in your head.
Write some letters to God! Common you've gotta have somthing to say to him! :)
Thought it might be fun for everyone.

(The reason I didnt start it off is because I'm not sure what to say to God.[just yet])
 Marmite baby
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Letters to God
Posted: 1/24/2009 5:28:15 PM
I've been looking for prayers/ poems for a thanksgiving service for a new baby tonight. Really wanted something to reflect the awe, joy,love, hopes and dreams of new parents or siblings. Religious and non religious to cater for the 3 levels of Christian Church service plus aetheists (For work) Got this, which I quite like,and a beautiful, non religious poem from a book, Me One an African poem, but am surprised that there is so little!
Lord Jesus Christ, creator of all that is good,
holding a new baby fills us with wonder and awe.
Such perfection, this precious new life from God.
Lord, stay close to all new mums and dads,
let them feel your presence and strength in the weariness of a long night.
Hold them in your arms if tears of joy become tears of tiredness.
As mum gains her strength and baby sleeps through
help both parents adapt to family life and a home full of baby things.
In the weeks to follow as mum and dad enjoy time together
may they be ever mindful of their loving Heavenly Father.
Joan Blake
There are songs. Sweet Child of Mine comes to mind, although it's more about parents and inappropriate.Anyone care to name that tune?
 majikman
Msg: 3
Letters to God
Posted: 1/25/2009 9:16:44 PM
God come down if You're really there.
Well You're the one who claims to care.
 Butterflygal2
Msg: 4
Letters to God
Posted: 2/2/2009 1:31:57 PM
I started a journal one year, that turned out more like letters to God than a diary. It was intereseting at the end of the year to see what I had said, and how those "talks were answered. I talk to God like I would talk to anyone else -- as though He is right there in the room. He is DEFINITELY my "finder of lost things ... I can't tell you how many times I have hunted in vain for "lost " keys, or some important papers to take to work, my glasses, etc. and I just "say" to Him, "OK, I know YOU know where they are ... show me".. and within minutes, I will walk right to the place where they are!!!
 OneLoneRogue
Msg: 5
Letters to God
Posted: 3/3/2009 9:24:15 AM
My Heavenly Father,

I'd ask you how you're doing today, but I'm pretty sure I would know how you would answer that question! ;-)

As you are well aware, I'm just a few months shy of my 40th anniversary of being given 'life' by you and I wanted to take this time to ask you a few questions about it....if you're not too busy for me that is?

First off, before I was given this life you breathed into me, was I asked if I wanted to come to earth and only experience the feeling of being raised by one parent, when those who I became to know as friends were able to experience the love of two parents? If so, I'm sure I would have said 'no'!

Was I asked that it would be ok that the one parent I would spend the majority of my time with would make feel less then human and degrade me the way they did? Was I made aware that I'd feel less important to the overall family atmosphere then our family dog? If so, I would have said 'no!'

Was I asked that it would be ok with me that the 'soul-mate' I would come to love and marry would then turn her back on me years later, lie to me, disrespect me and wind up bearing another man's child, leaving me with no one to carry on the family name? If so, I'm sure I would have said "no!"

Was I asked that it would be ok that by the time I was 40, I'd be divorced, childless, broke, unemployed and thinking that no one would ever love me? If so, I'm sure I would have said no!

Were you not well aware that since I could remember, I've longed to enjoy the feeling of being a father and parent, yet even at this point in my life, the possibility of that happening are both 'far' and "none", yet when I look around, I see that you've blessed 'kids having kids?'.

Why must I struggle and fight just to keep a roof over my head, when others have been given a pampered life and yet don't know what they've been given and seemingly just 'give it away?'.

Do you listen to me when I talk to you at night and ask for your strength, in those times when I am week, have no where to turn or even a shoulder to cry on? Do you listen to me when I talk to you at night asking forgiveness for all the stupid things I've done and will eventually do in my life and that I need guidance in my life to ensure that I stay away from 'sin' as much as possible?

If you do, and you have heard my crys, why don't you answer me?

At this point in time, I don't know why I'm here on this earth! It's a beautiful place and you've done wonders with the decorating, that's for sure! But when my eyes are open, I don't see what purpose I am providing by taking up the oxygen you've created in order for life to sustain itself.

God;

If there was ever a time when someone needed you, that time for me is now! I'm hoping that, like that one fellow who told the story of walking along the beach, who then turned back to see where he had been, only saw one set of footprints...but who came to know that during those troubled times, was when you carried him....

God, I'm walking along a very similar beach and for a time longer then I care to remember, have been looking back every so often to see where I have been...and when I do, the waves of the ocean have already washed away the footprints..and I'm scared!

God...Can I come home now? I don't like it here anymore!
 Writer1776
Msg: 6
Letters to God
Posted: 3/27/2009 5:11:02 PM
Praise God from whom all blessings flow,
Help us we are perishing here below.
Praise Him all ye heaveny host,
Praise Him-- Immanuel, He loves us the most.
Wipe the tears from our eyes,
Tear away the evil one's lies.
Show us how to overcome with LOVE,
Until showdown Megido Val when you return from up above !
 GURULOUNGE
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Letters to God
Posted: 3/27/2009 6:05:31 PM
The first concept of gods came to men/ women in their dreams.
Sleep on it/ It'll come to ya. When it does you'll know.
And I'm certain it will be the correct question.
Just don't expect an answer; He's /She's very very busy with all the stock car drivers
right now.

Doc.
 Pikka
Msg: 8
Song to God
Posted: 3/27/2009 8:40:34 PM
Dear God,

I know you are trying to help me out with giving me all these lessons but don’t you think that every now and then a person should get a little time off. My son does, he gets two whole months off during the best part of the year too, no school.

Also, while I do like who I am becoming with what I have learned from your lessons and I have learned to listen to your whispers so I can avoid the 4x4 you used to have to use to get my attention, this last lesson, well I didn’t like it.

I can’t say it wasn’t fair but it didn’t go the way I wanted it to and yes, I knew better but why’d you have to put such temptation in front of me. What do you expect of me when you dangle what I thought was my hearts desire right in my path? Well, ok, I do know what you expect. And, um, yah, this heartbreak is a pretty potent deterrent and yah, maybe I’ve changed what I want…for the better. But darn it all, it still hurts.

So thanks for the lessons but can I please have a week off, till I’m feeling better.

Yours eternally,
mystic
 Writer1776
Msg: 9
Song to God
Posted: 3/28/2009 3:59:36 PM
Kiva star, Hi ! Outstandin' ! What's your tribe ? Greetings and peace from Eagle clan patriarchal Cherokee ! Where's the kiva ? I could use some sweat lodge time !
 Writer1776
Msg: 10
Letters to God
Posted: 3/28/2009 4:26:14 PM
flakflak, AA & AAA ratings (flak/anti-air MG/ anti-air/artillery pun intended ! :-)

This thread has been a blessing to me and helps make this Sabbath complete. I love to write !!! Here's song lyrics for rock'n'roll group Bad Company super hit circa 1973 entitled Bad Company.

Good Company,
Never on the run.
Steady eyes on the SON.
Christ's righteousness like a six-gun in HIS hand.
For God we make a stand.
That's why we call HIM...
Good Company. HE will return...
Good Company, 'til the day I die. 'til the day I die. 'til the day I die.

Chosen few. Faithful to HIS call,
Chose the WORD and threw away the gun.
These small towns they all know HIS name.
Holiness, Immanuel's claim to fame.
I can hear them say...
Good Company, and I won't deny.
Good ! Good Company ! Messiah ! HE will return.

Hey hey, Good Company, I can't deny..
Good Company, til the day I die.
It's Good Company. Messiah ! HE will return.
Good Company, 'til the day I die.

Tell me you're not a thief, saddle-up with Good Company.
It's the way , the truth. Life for life.
Oh, Satan double crossed us.
Double cross
Double cross
Saved by Good Company,
By Immanuel's GOOD blood.
 Writer1776
Msg: 11
Letters to God
Posted: 3/30/2009 12:43:24 AM
American Folksong Rally Round the Flag

Yes, we'll rally 'round our flags, boys
We'll rally 'round again
Shouting the battle cry of Immanuel
We will rally from the hillside
We'll gather from the plain
Shouting salvation free from Immanuel

We're saved forever, hurrah boys, hurrah
Down with that Satan, up with the Christ!
While we rally 'round our flags, boys
Rally once again
One more time for Immanuel !

We will welcome to our numbers
The loyal, true and brave
Shouting the salvation from Immanuel
And although we may be poor
Not a man shall be a slave
Shouting the Grace from Immanuel

So we're springing to the call
From the East and from the West
Shouting the Grace from Immanuel !
And we'll prove a loyal crew
To the land we love the best
Shouting the sovereign Grace of Immanuel !
 FeatherHues
Msg: 12
Song to God
Posted: 3/31/2009 7:23:08 PM
Dearest God and Mighty One....
Okay... you brought me here... you took a husband, a daughter.... and a love....
I didnt say a word... but cried and then I stopped crying.....you took everyone of my siblings....I again didnt say a word...youve taken everyone that meant everything to me. I didnt utter ...I stood humbled in front of you.
Ive treated everyone with great respect and showed love one to another all of my life, Ive worked hard....at being there for others ... I see the grandoise of the world that you created, I appreciate all that youve laid before me. Yet with all the trials, Im still truly blessed
Ive suffered greatly..in so many ways... Ive had trials and tribulations... time after time....Ive had near death experiences and the one where I did die... but Im still back ...
Now... Thyme is now tired...
Im giving in and saying "uncle".... why cant you pick on somebody bigger than me...?
I just wanna know....Youve carried my burdens,sorrows as much as I would let you.., yes, I know I tried to carry them myself... its hard to share the battle...but my soul wants to win the war...

Love Always and Forever,
Thyme
 Writer1776
Msg: 13
Letters to God
Posted: 4/2/2009 2:33:01 AM
CountryCut, Hi ! Right on and FUNNY !!! :-) Why are we stuck doing crap like that ? I have concluded that every toxin in the body is eliminated or eradicated bound to an oxygen atom through breath, sweat, feces, and urine and as we are constantly under toxic aerosol threat from the Treaty of the Open Skies (Carter Administration), DoD Threat(Project 112/SHAD/Operation Monarch), Automotive exhaust and exotic friction reducing fuel additives necessary to keep turbine burner-cans below 1,600 F, and even camp fire wood or burned cooked food smoke inhalation toxins I have come to believe that the Creator God has given us four good ways to eliminate toxins which compromise homeostasis. What do you think ? Well, I just thought of another one...puking ! I have sometimes ingested disagreeable foods that were apparently toxic and gagged like a maggot ! I know we're stuck with disagreeable needs for agreeable reasons-- can you think of any more ?
 StrangeMonkey9000
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Letters to God
Posted: 4/2/2009 9:34:41 AM
Dear omnipotent jerkass. What gives? First you come, freeing the oppressed and putting unbelievers to the sword, kicking ass and not even bothering to take names, you slay the firstborn, you flood the world, you destroy the nations that came before your chosen people, you toppled towers, leveled cities with fire and brimstone, turned people to salt, swallowed people whole with your mighty earthquakes, and eradicated that which you created and then deemed unclean. Your representatives on Earth even started a small series of crusades in your name, one right after the other like some sort of hollywood horror film that just doesn't know when to end.
For several thousand years you were the end all, beat all, prideful, prejudiced, jealous, callous, god of death.

What happened?

Now you're the god of fuzzy kitties and love, and joy, and forgiveness, and happyness, and all that other stuff.

Was there a mistranslation somewhere? Are your followers doing this of their own free will and smearing your mighty name in the process? If so why have you not strung them up by their collective foreskins and fed them to your flying monkeys?
If you have decided this is the way to go, then I'm calling bullshit. Mankind may individually have the attention span of a hummingbird but collectively, we record shit.
It's called the bible. Your own holy book tells us what kind of a raging jerk you used to be. Why should I trust that your intentions are as pure as you say they are and aren't just a grab for more worshippers and a bigger piece of the pie.

Thanks for your time.

sincerely
--Thor
 Writer1776
Msg: 15
Letters to God
Posted: 4/2/2009 9:58:30 AM
StrangeMonkey9000, Hi ! Some of your questions are questions I ask or have asked. I want answers too. You are a writer : '...strung them up by their collective foreskins and fed them to your flying monkeys...' May I quote you in my manuscript project ! I would like to incorporate this in character dialog. I re-wrote a song:

All hail the power of Immanuel's name !
Well, now, let all those angels fall !
Haul out that royal diadem !
Crown Immanuel God of all !
Haul out that roayal diadem,
Crown Immanuel God of all !

Ye Ten LOST Tribes of Yisrael's House !
Well now, ye ransomed from that Fall !
HE'll gather from North, East , West, and the South !
The South is best of all !
HE'll gather from North, East, West, and South,
The SOUTH be best of all !!! :-)
 StrangeMonkey9000
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Letters to God
Posted: 4/2/2009 10:06:33 AM
Sure go ahead.
I don't mean to offend anybody here, I'm just trying to put the big guy on the spot and let him 'splain himself. :P

I'm not someone that has a lot of faith personally. If he does exist, I'm expecting him to either be a dirty double crosser, or two separate gods, one that took over after the last one left off.

Otherwise it's all just hogwash and finger wiggling by clerics hundreds of years ago that decided to spoon feed these things to people in a better effort to control them.
 Writer1776
Msg: 17
Letters to God
Posted: 4/2/2009 2:53:53 PM
Dear YHWH I approach you in the name of the only begotten Immanuel. My words are for YOU and not to be only heard before man and nephilim. Amen

CHANGE OF SUBJECT

StrangeMonkey9000, thank you, sir. I'll be emailing you CONUS TRAFFIC and CQB testimony in defense of my faith, sir. Godspeed
 Writer1776
Msg: 18
Letters to God
Posted: 4/3/2009 3:22:03 PM
StrangeMonkey9000, Hi ! Those many fore skins an' Flyin' monkeys... Tried to private message you, old man-- computer glitched. Scope out the real-time GMT testimonies in Forum Stories/Creative Writing Thread: A Firefighter’s Life at pof.com. Godspeed.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Letters to God
Posted: 4/9/2009 9:48:16 PM
Greetings:

I would ask Papa for the opportunity to walk to Emmaus with His Son. So many questions.

TK
 Butterflygal2
Msg: 20
Letters to God
Posted: 5/3/2009 6:37:16 AM
I didn't come here to ask you for anything,
I just came to talk with you, Lord...
many's a time, dear Lord, that I forgot to thank you,
but I just came to talk with you Lord.
Maybe tomorrow, there'll be sadness and sorrow
and a thousand teardrops may fall
but until I face tomorrow's task,
I have no special favor to ask --
I just came to talk with you Lord.
 madisonphoenix
Msg: 21
view profile
History
A man recalls his history.
Posted: 5/5/2009 12:49:26 PM
I don't remember much of my early childhood. I was born while my father was in Vietnam and a year later my sister was born. When my father returned from Vietnam he had the same problems as many others coming back from Vietnam; alcohol, drugs, and a depression from the things he had had seen or done. I don't know exactly what, but he was numbing himself from something. My parents were separated and then divorced shortly after his return. My mother told me only because I asked; that she was beaten, cheated on, and usually left on her own to raise us with little money.
I loved my father. He taught me a lot of good things; to respect my elders, love and respect to animals, and generosity. We often had people living with us. People were always coming and going. My Dad would give away his last dollar to someone in need without a second thought and worry abut the money he would need later. Finally my father never missed a visit with my sister and I. He was a drinker, but spent every minute he could with us kids and just drank while he did it. My father taught me some bad things too.

My father was remarried. I guess I was about 8 or 9. Becky was my step-mother and I liked her enough, I guess. But she liked to drink also. Our days revolved around beer and smoking. My sister and I stayed at my fathers every other weekend and every Wednesday. The family would get up and go fishing. A case of beer usually lasted a while, but when the beer was gone, we were done fishing. Then we were off to the bars. We cruised to all the bars, you know the ones; out in the middle of nowhere, one after another, cruising in dads 1976 Trans am-driving 90 - 100 miles an hour. It was fun, like riding a roller coaster, taking 25 mile an hour turns at 65 and hitting those small hills at a 100-the ones that make you stomach go up in your throat and then come back down again taking your breath away. They would pass their small cigarettes back and forth the whole way and would usually start arguing about something, but I never knew what. I was just listening to our 8 track; rocking to Reo Speedwagon, Bad Company, or Sieger singing, Down on Main Street. We ate our suppers at those bars and always had enough quarters to keep little sister and me happy or we were playing pool: Dad and little sister against Becky and me. On our way home we were listening to Take the Long Way Home by Super Tramp.
I was very tired by the time we got home, but going directly to sleep was usually not an option. My little sister and I were stuck in the living room watching my step-mom slurring swear words at my father that would usually end up with my father slapping her or choking her saying, " I should just kill you" or "If I killed you I could be out of prison in 10 years". My father had a story of how he knew a man that killed his "****y" wife and only spent 10 years in jail. I never knew if that was true or not. When my dad got drunk he had a lot of stories. When he was drunk he would tell stories about Vietnam or about how crazy he could be. I remember thinking that this was an act, because no matter how crazy he acted he never touched my sister or me. He just wanted to keep some persona that he was a crazy Vietnam Vet and only did this when he was drunk.
I begged him to stop, not out loud but I was begging. I remember thinking I wish she would just shut up and he would stop. Why won't she just shut up? She didn't but somehow it would all end, to his day I can't remember how it ever did, but just remember waking up the next morning and it was like nothing even happened. My sister and I would be dropped off at my mothers on Sunday night and it was back to some normalcy for awhile.

swtsunlvr
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Letters to God
Posted: 5/8/2009 10:58:12 AM
~~~~starwriter69~~~
LOL...I read the WHOLE thing!! It was very entertaining and well written.
I don't undrestand why you would have any problem attracting a female,esp.if you can engage her in conversation. You're very articulate,and not in the least bit gay...lol.
I'm very sorry you've had your heart broken,but you must realize that it can be used in a good way.You now know how NOT to break someone elses heart,right?

~~~~GOD~~~
Hello my very awesome Daddy!! It's me again,your very precocious child.Do you think you can intervene a little bit on the price of groceries down here? It's getting ridiculous!! I bought two very small tomatoes and they were almost 3 dollars! I think I might start growing my own this summer,but,then again,you know how bad the bugs are here in Florida.Everyone thinks it's just beach and fun in the sun down here but the bugs are ferocious and the mosquitoes monstrous.God ,keep them from attacking me when I least expect it,You know how much I hate them.
And hey,You know the traffic problem,right? Well,in the summer down here,sitting in those long lines,waiting to get in Walmart,then once you get in the parking lot,NO spaces!! Help me get a space near the door,please?
And Daddy,,,,you know about that divorce I prayed so long not to have to get? Well,as You well know,it's done and over with.Thirty six years...over.You know I truly loved that idiot,right? He was my world,my everything,my first,and so far,my last love. Maybe I loved him above You,and that wasn't so good...maybe my focus was on him way too much,and You were too far out of the picture.I know that I prayed to You all the time about that situation,but,I think I might have prayed for the wrong things.I probably should have let You in on that deal right from the start instead of trying to rule it all "my way"...
anyway,it's been almost two years now..so,I think I might be ready to move on.
This time,I'll let YOU pick someone...You're judgement is way better than mine.And,You know my heart better than anyone ever could.So,whatever you think is right,whoever You think would be good for me...at least let him know how to love.The last time around,I had someone that knew how to take love,and how to TAKE period,but didn't know how to reciprocate.I want to be loved someday...for who I am...And God,You know I'm pretty special,don't You?
So,Dad,I'll go for now,but,I'll be back soon,You know I will....and Daddy,until someone comes around to love me....
I know that YOU do...and that's good enough for me....
I love You,
Melinda
 theseus82
Msg: 23
Letters to God
Posted: 5/10/2010 12:00:57 AM
I wrote this a while back and while it's not exactly a response to your question, it's still relevant.

Jesus,
I don't want to talk to you right now.
You'll set me right before I'm ready,
I'm too busy sulking. I'm bulking
up on words and phrases to clothe
myself for the trip of tomorrow,
when I shuffle off this mortal coil
and leave my most cherished toil.
I'm terrified that
you see right through me.
Give me your cross without nails and
lawlessness without jail. teach me