Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Could you live with clone of yourself?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ItsMargo
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Could you live with clone of yourself?Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Oh yeah, no problem, but I do wish she could learn to tell a joke!
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 16
Could you live with clone of yourself?
Posted: 1/21/2009 1:15:00 PM
A clone of me? Dear me, no way. I'm much too short for my taste.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/21/2009 1:57:47 PM
Yes, I could live with a clone of myself.

OP, like you, if people don't like themselves, then why should anyone else like them?

I have spent much time alone, and though I don't have a clone, I do live with myself.

No. I don't like being around moody people.

No offense, poster, but point made.
 daynadaze
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2009 9:21:08 PM
HeeHee! Well I do talk to myself a lot, but a clone of me, that would be a bit much. I'd prefer someone who complimented me, someone to pick up where I'm not good and I could do what I'm better at, but not so different that we have no common ground. I want someone enough like me to be fun to get along with. I have no desire to date me.
 luv2lol
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2009 9:52:45 PM
Yes I can honestly say I could. I actually want someone as caring, giving, loyal, communicative, fun, full of gumption and as hard working as me. I want my equal.
 Go Rin No Sho
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2009 10:39:53 PM
The real question is not, "Could I live with a clone of myself.", the real question is, "Could the world handle two of me?"

We are not schizophrenic!
 OutMind
Msg: 44
Posted: 1/22/2009 9:00:57 AM
Hell no. The first thing my clone would like to do is sleep with my gf, and I wouldn't allow it.
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/22/2009 11:22:36 AM
I would love living with a clone of myself, but only if it would be possible for the clone to be male. That would be heaven on earth, a male version of me.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 52
Posted: 1/22/2009 3:46:16 PM
Would love to have my clone... Im a great company, heck i spend many days alone backpacking with out seeing anyone else.. If i could have my clone as a woman i would be set... Heck how could i not want a clone.. Now if i could have someone clone my pup that passed away same time...
 parklabrea
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 3/20/2009 9:30:26 PM
I already have a clone and he's a pain in the ass. He always interrupts my jokes and tells the punchlines, drinks half the milk and doesn't put the lid back on, and puts the shirts under the mattress to "iron" them. I can't get married because I know he'd sleep with my wife, just like I'm doing with his girlfriend. He claims that I'm the one who's a clone. That's crazy, I can remember what happened last year. It's normal for further back than that to be a blur. I don't know if having a clone is such a good idea. Now there are two of us who wash our clothes in the bathtub and use hand puppets to wrestle with the cats. You'd think one of us would have turned out normal.
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 67
Posted: 3/20/2009 11:48:11 PM
What are you talking about? I already drive myself crazy now there'd be two of me???

OMG!
 WanderingRain
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2009 12:08:24 AM
I can as long as my clone is a she. No fun (or point) otherwise...
 rockondon
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2009 1:09:11 PM
I couldn't live with my clone. By myself my farts are so bad that the rotten air is enough to make you half-dead. If there was another one like me, well, you get the picture.
 Yankee_Girl
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2009 3:55:26 PM
Good heavens no. There is a reason I'm divorced.
 Vannili
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2009 6:56:24 PM
I don't think I can stand living with a clone of myself. That will be boring, but if I will live harmonious with someone different from me I think I 'll be happy...

As a very wise man once said: " If you can't feel comfortable in your own company,why would you inflict it with others?"
I have encountered persons they are not happy with themselfs.. if you said something or did something to them they gave a different meaning like" hah! you bought me a gift because you want to rubbed to my face that you are rich, it is very dragging down. Or if you admired a dress they are wearing their respond is ,this is an old dress what is nice about it ?....................
 MsMicki
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2009 7:06:07 PM
Hmmmm........interesting idea......
personality wise.......I'd say yes......
But having 2 hyperacative "me's" .......could be an issue!
 Okietokie88
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2009 9:36:36 PM

I would love to find my male clone but unfortunately he is stuck in a marriage with a woman that just isn't his match and I am waiting for him to realize it.

Hmm Idk about that...............but I could not live with myself
 Rythmn
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2009 1:09:40 AM
same values and same interest in supporting each other would be nice, as well as similar interests. i thought brains and being able to talk on the same wavelength would make a difference, but as just emailed to me by another pof'er, that simply means the person can "just build a better mousetrap". so, who wants to be the mouse?

i tend to be a worrier, so i think someone calmer. that way we can cover the full range of possibilities and balance each other out! also someone who i can share with OR who has complementary, versus the same, skills.

if we both do the same thing well, would we be able to form a team in dividing the labor and deciding the outcomes? that depends on how confident a person is and his/her own willingness to take input or compromise or take turns. if the input is all one way and the other person "always" wants to be right or get his/her own way, then no matter how similar we are, it won't work.

i think i am pretty trustworthy and can be counted on to "be there". i need someone who can also "be there" for me. some just want to drain you dry or seem to get a charge out of drama. i need an up person. not a down person. who can share all sorts of fears and experiences and see a positive light at the end of the tunnel-- who is willing to risk but not need to "win" all the time, by putting others down. in that way, i need someone like me.
 mikey236
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2009 2:46:17 AM
Am surprised by the amount of people that are syaing yes.............. I think I would get incredibly bored with living of a clone of me. That means they would be thinking the same things as I was all the time. I imagine the conversation would become incredibly tedious after a while....... so much so, I may just end up killing them............ well or myself. Doesn't really matter if they are a clone right? lol
 goodkindacrazy
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2009 11:46:24 AM
I could...but I wouldn't want to. I want someone thats strong where I am weak, someone that likes to clean house for instance. Besides, we would want to sleep on the same side of the bed, she would want half of my chocolate cheesecake and we would be interested in the same men. I guess we could each get our own boyfriend. If we got bored with our boyfriends we could just switch, lol. Okay, okay, wouldn't seriously do that but it is fun to think about.

On the plus side though...we could take turns going into work. That would be awesome.
 itechman63
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2009 12:40:52 PM
An overused phrase would be "I relate to what you mean".
 honesthazeleyes
Msg: 106
Posted: 3/24/2009 3:54:26 PM
Oh Hell no... that would be just too crazy
 Musique08
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2009 7:54:23 PM
Not sure, maybe. In a way, if my clone wanted the same as me, it'd make sense. We'd kiss loads, we'd go out and hang out in pubs or clubs. We'd watch comedy together. I guess... I mean, I always am with myself anyway, and sometimes I like that, but I suppose sometimes I annoy myself. I'd probably give it a shot anyway!
 quarked
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2009 10:32:39 PM
I would need my clone to be evil. I've always wanted have an evil twin.
 tbuddha
Msg: 129
Posted: 5/31/2009 5:51:33 PM
hmmmm....interesting question seeing as how I've met a few guys that are close to being my clone and still work with them.

Live with em though? Naw, we all need our own spaces.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Could you live with clone of yourself?