Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > whats in the past is just that???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 luv2lol
Msg: 14
view profile
History
whats in the past is just that???Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I don't think anyone will argue that no doubt, no means no. However that has been applied to women when it comes to sex, not conversations. To some, avoiding a topic can seem like they are hiding something and that can cause issues at the point you are building trust. I agree with the "best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour" so if it didn't paint you in a good light she may just be trying to see if there's a red flag there. She could also just be interested why you did it...general curiosity, nothing more. So in the future you have to find a way to mention it and segway into something else without looking like you are avoiding it or perhaps move into how you believed it was the right choice at the time or how you have changed. It shows you have no issues talking about your past and you learned from it. If it's still what you would have done then stand behind it. If she doesn't like it then that's her problem. Nothing more to talk about.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 22
whats in the past is just that???
Posted: 1/27/2009 9:49:58 AM
I have to admit, OP, you are being irritatingly UNFORTHCOMING with anything valuable about said story, so it's nigh on to impossible to say whether she was "right" or "wrong".

Perhaps she felt the same way *I* do--why talk about it if you are then going to REFUSE to talk about it? In the future, don't bring it up!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > whats in the past is just that???