Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Can you perm dyed hair.?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Can you perm dyed hair.?Page 1 of 1    
As others have said, you can dye permed hair or perm most dyed hair but perming will strip some of the colour. Wait until after your hair has been permed and conditioned a couple of times. Not relevant to you since you have dark hair but a warning for others - According to my hairdresser you can NEVER perm hair which has been treated with 'SUN IN', for some reason there is a chemical reaction that makes your hair melt. She knows from experience (luckily she realised quickly something was wrong so didn't do much damage to her customers hair). I used to use it and have to wait a year for it to grow out before I get a perm.

There are now some pretty good non-permenant dyes that might do what you want and these are harmeless before or after perming, some I believe will even cover grey hair. You can also use a permenant dye over the top of these but they wash out after several washes so won't be a problem anyway.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Can you perm dyed hair.?