Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Truly outrageous      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pyro74
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Truly outrageousPage 1 of 1    
It's sad, tragic, unfortunate chain of events. I wouldn't call it outrageous. The city electric company bears no responsibility. I guess if you really wanted to blame somebody, then the neighbors were just as guilty as the electric co. Funny how they are angry at the city, but they knew how old the guy was, and didn't bother checking in on him.
 Ezzee
Msg: 4
Truly outrageous
Posted: 1/27/2009 6:54:40 AM
I am a little surprised this happened. Many northern states have it in state law that says that between certain dates, usually early November to late April, the power can not be shut off to a residence for failure to pay because of the cold. I'm surprised Michigan doesn't have a statute like this.

Also, I'm surprised that he didn't seek the assistance he needed. There are programs out there for those who seek them out.

I think someone's pride got in the way, and he wasn't willing to look for the help that he needed. We all have moments where we don't ask for help even though we need it because of pride.

Also, I think this thread could be folded into this thread.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts11690589.aspx
 SAguy_06
Msg: 8
Truly outrageous
Posted: 1/27/2009 4:40:16 PM
I wonder how many of Us, have reached out to a Vietnam vet recently...or Korea, Desert Storm, Iraq, ...
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Truly outrageous