Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > guy says he's interested but doesn't follow thru      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sallyinsalem
Msg: 1
guy says he's interested but doesn't follow thruPage 1 of 1    
I'm really hoping you guys can help me out with this one. Why would men contact me and tell me they are interested in my profile, we email back and forth a couple of times, we both say we're interested in meeting, and then he just drops the ball. So, I wait a few days or so and then email back to say "hey, how you doin', did you still wanna get together?" And he doesn't respond. What's going on, please! This scenario has happened numerous times and I am just completely baffled!
Thanks
 celts123
Msg: 2
guy says he's interested but doesn't follow thru
Posted: 1/29/2009 7:50:03 PM
This has happned many people on internet dating. There could be many different reasons for it. He is married. He met a woman he liked better. He got back together with an ex-girlfriend. He simply wanted to remain single. He got abducted by aliens. LOL.
 Wylie_Coyote
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2009 8:36:24 PM
Sally,

There is a step missing... No phone call. Hearing someone's voice. Finding out that you can hold on a conversation. Finding out what they really laugh at. LOL and :) just don't cut the mustard.

Holding a conversation you hear the long pause or the half hearted tones. When you meet you want to know that you can hold on the same level of conversation as was on the phone.

Yes, skipping the call and going right to the meeting may get more meetings but why bother if you aren't trying to get to know each other? Gives me the impression of "free dinner". On the first date he is more willing to spend than later. It can be expensive.

Are your guys asking them selves after agreeing to meet "what do I really know about this girl" and the ultimate "is this worth 50 to 150 bucks"? Was I fast tracked?

Just one guy's opinion.
J Mac
 i like cats
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/29/2009 8:48:27 PM
Just by the title of the thread alone...he isn't really interested.
Move on!
 sallyinsalem
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/29/2009 8:59:55 PM
OK, thanks for the feedback about my profile.
 Write Time
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2009 12:29:44 AM
Apparently, the guy is just cruising and has cruised elsewhere. Don't waste your energy; move on, too.
 LukeMM23
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/30/2009 12:54:39 AM
Weird guys. I don't know any other way to say it. I mean, why wouldn't a guy want to meet a beautiful woman like yourself?
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > guy says he's interested but doesn't follow thru