Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > best ways to get even with your ex      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 redalert000
Msg: 1
best ways to get even with your exPage 1 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)
please help me here... I really want to get even with my ex for cheating on me... after 3 years... I don't want to get caught, but I want to make him suffer... and nothing (too) illegal.
 RACTICE
Msg: 2
view profile
History
best ways to get even with your ex
Posted: 10/8/2004 2:14:43 PM
go out with his brother....
 Ticketoride
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/8/2004 3:01:12 PM
Never worth it. Also says something about the charcter of the person and how he/she deals with problems and situations. Always better things ahead. Forget and move on.
 abyssdc1
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2004 9:42:55 AM
Agree with Excalibur. Just move on and be your best.
 Siani
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2004 1:59:45 PM
hmm the best way to get even! lol FUCK HIS COUSIN
 Siani
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2004 3:25:08 PM
lol!! haha i got my revenge!
 knight2016
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2004 2:01:27 AM
Revenge is petty. Don't do it.
 crissygurl777
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/1/2004 9:56:30 PM
I think the best way to get even with your ex. Is to show
them how happy you can be with out them.I think that would bother your ex the most
knowing that you don't need them anymore to feel happy.
 blondebutsmart
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/7/2004 9:37:46 PM
Common MOVE on, I was cheated on for a 13 years, I kicked his a** out and have never been happier, believe in CARMA, what comes around goes around!!!!!!
 Sarah2222
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/8/2004 5:24:04 PM
If you have access to his place...take all his and hers(if possible)toothbrushes and dip em into the tolit. Nobody will ever know but makes YOU feel superior. have done it a few times. Just keep it to yourself. Then move on....
 Siani
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2004 9:58:10 PM
lol ahhaha funny! i like it
 rockarollawoman
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/10/2004 3:30:53 PM
SIANI AND XCITEME you two are my kind of girls!

i always say depends on how bad they hurt you.. if you're any good at writing, write a book and change the names and dates and places and make sure he gets the first copy, that is, after your personal one of course. (learned that from watching dallas and sue ellen's revenge to j.r.!)

i love helping others beaus get revenge on the ones that hurt them. i did just what you xciteme were talking about. i let the b*tch that treated him so rotten see him with me on his arms sloppin and hangin on him and she disappeared for good. an ex beau who is still a friend always had the traditional italian in him say, revenge is a dish best served cold. and you can do it with class and style!

rockarollawoman
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/10/2004 3:55:26 PM
i love you xcitme!

you and i got some things in common with exes...
 Siani
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2004 2:22:59 PM
I just did what i knew would hurt the MOST! I'm not the type of girl that a guy can walk on and do what he pleases! If he wants to play lets play! Some guys are ****ing morons!
 rockarollawoman
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/11/2004 3:02:49 PM
while my last one had some redeeming qualities it ended really really badly.

his biggest thing has to do with achievement.

so now the goal is to be my own personal success and let him see it in all its glory - that will be the best way.. it would eat him ALIVE.....
 rockarollawoman
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/12/2004 2:48:49 AM
he also thought he was primo in the sack cuz he said every one he'd been with said he was. i thought he was lame and then told him after i broke up with him.. that sorta thing just eats at certain men and i knew it would him and figured since it was the truth and he was being hateful, it was time to put a little gasoline on the fire..
 oldkid
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2006 1:34:30 PM
Take your diaper off and put on your big girl panties!! Why would anyone want to know a vengeful bi**h like your trying to be.
 pinkpolish
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/25/2006 4:00:33 PM
Why get even. That would put you in the same category as someone who has no morals or values.

The best way to get even is to move on and really enjoy your life and be happy. Im sure the woman he was with will soon come to realize that if he'll do if for you then he'll do it to you.

PINK
 bucsgirl
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/27/2006 9:26:05 AM
Getting even only brings you down to their level. I agree with whoever said the best revenge is living well!! Be happy, be the bigger person, move on and dare to live your life better and stronger because of what happened, rather than in spite of. I did and it's worked wonderfully for me.
 happygal_28
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2006 12:20:25 PM
"the best revenge is living well" Better words were never spoken! They dont become cliches for no reason you know!!! Although the idea of a different type of revenge may be appealing at times, that's your baby self talking. Dont give in to the baby LOL.
 Polly_G
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/27/2006 12:22:10 PM
I've never tried to 'get even' with a boyfriend. The most I've ever done, and this was just recently, was warn someone she was headed for dangerous territory. I did it because one, I just happened to run into her so it wasn't effort I expended to contact her and two, I actually thought she was a nice person and didn't want to see her victimized by the same guy.

Judging by the hurt in her eyes, it had already started happening.

Men who have treated me badly have done it because of their issues. The only issue I ever had was taking it and am pretty much over that phase of my life (thank you therapist).

You know you are truly over a relationship when you don't hate the other person. But you see them for who they really are, good and bad. I don't think any of my ex's are evil. Some are downright dysfunctional though and should not be dating. Its their issue though and I can't focus on it, I have my own issues to deal with.
 Beauwood
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/2/2006 10:10:29 PM
Why even try? Just take the mature route: deal with it, work through it, move on and put it in the past.
 Trisha03
Msg: 26
Posted: 10/3/2006 7:11:52 AM
I read a book on getting over your ex's a couple years ago. It was great and had me laughing out loud many times. The name of the book was "I used to miss him, but my aim is improving" In the book they listed many annoying but great ways to get even with an ex. I would never been able to come up with many of the ideas they listed and got quite a kick out of them. I can honestly say I never did any of them; as I was just glad to be rid of my ex.However, this gave some humor to the situation and made me feel much better while I sorted things out in my head and heart.
Take care,
Trish
 lovin2blivin
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2006 7:55:38 AM

Of course to help things along you could send him a lovely "Thank You" card!

I got one of those, thanking me for the first 21 years we were married (we were married 23 years). The last 2 years were me trying to tell him we had a problem, but he wouldn't listen.

I use to believe in Kharma, but I'm not sure anymore. Part of the fantasy about our lives is thinking that people that have wronged us, will eventually see the error of their ways and accept responsibility for it. Or maybe during their last moments on earth they will see all the hurt they have caused. Not so! They are usually oblivious to the past and die happy.

Now pls keep in mind, I am talking about someone who was an unmedicated bipolar (not sure if it applies to everyone). If you know where you contributed to the downfall of the realtionship and take steps to improve yourself, that's all you need to do.

My ex met with me a short while after we seperated and within 2 months, he had moved in with someone else. I told him I was happy for him, and I sincerely was! (Not my problem anymore) He was really upset about that statement and walked away.

If you are in the 'revenge' mode, you haven't found peace within yourself. You can fantasize all you want about what you 'could do' to make yourself feel better, but in the end...only you can choose a better way to spend your time.
 leo\leo
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2006 12:12:25 AM
just move on thats the best way to forget him and move on the more you think about him the more he wins
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > best ways to get even with your ex